• Tweets

• Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Laugh At Yourself Thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So you need better specs because you want to be able to see it properly?

hmmmmmmmmmm:cool:;):D

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you need better specs because you want to be able to see it properly?

hmmmmmmmmmm:cool:;):D

LOL!:grin::grin::grin:

Yes Needed to get a better look !:D:grin:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I went to a fantastic BBQ yesterday evening with a wonderful bunch of friends. Unfortunately, after drinking a few glasses of wine, I performed a classic 'You've Been Framed' action of sitting on a chair and then falling straight through it onto my bottom. I did, however, manage to hold onto my glass of vino and hardly spilling a drop!

I have woken up this morning with a beautiful coloured behind and very sore ribs from laughing so much.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Went to collect a prescription from the chemists the other day and due to the medication I take, am exempt from charges (about the only thing in my life I get free!).

The assistant had very kindly ticked the exemption reason on the back -----OVER 60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I am not quite 52, so must have been looking a bit rough that day :)

I couldn't help but point it out to her, she really didn't know what to say!

Went to collect a prescription from the chemists the other day and due to the medication I take, am exempt from charges (about the only thing in my life I get free!).

The assistant had very kindly ticked the exemption reason on the back -----OVER 60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I am not quite 52, so must have been looking a bit rough that day :)

I couldn't help but point it out to her, she really didn't know what to say!

Oh poor you.! That really made your day! I think not:eek:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I went to a fantastic BBQ yesterday evening with a wonderful bunch of friends. Unfortunately, after drinking a few glasses of wine, I performed a classic 'You've Been Framed' action of sitting on a chair and then falling straight through it onto my bottom. I did, however, manage to hold onto my glass of vino and hardly spilling a drop!

I have woken up this morning with a beautiful coloured behind and very sore ribs from laughing so much.

That would have been a great video shot!:D:D

That would have been a great video shot!:D:D

My friend did ask if I would do it again for the camera...cheeky mare :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

I remember once we used to keep a couple of Polecats and i held one while my OH took a video shot of me holding Spike this Polecats name,One minute i was smiling at the camera the next minute i was shouting as spike had got hold of my ear and started biting it and pulling on it!:eek: That madee quite a funny shot! My rotten hubby started killling himself laughing!

My friend did ask if I would do it again for the camera...cheeky mare :lol:

It would have made a good shot for you been framed!:D

Another little inncident concerning our polecats,Onc day our polecats manged to escape out of their run in the garden:eek: It was bbit of a panick but we eventually manged to find the beggars ,Howvwe my OH could not believe it when he played bback some video film I had taken where i was actually filming them escaping! LOL As they could quite easily be seen clear as day diging this big hole to use an escape bolt!:eek: At time i though they were just doing a bit of harmless digging and did not think to question the hole they were digging and that the begars were going to plan to dig under fence! My oh never let me foeget i had actually filmed then escaping!

Another little inncident concerning our polecats,Onc day our polecats manged to escape out of their run in the garden:eek: It was bbit of a panick but we eventually manged to find the beggars ,Howvwe my OH could not believe it when he played bback some video film I had taken where i was actually filming them escaping! LOL As they could quite easily be seen clear as day diging this big hole to use an escape bolt!:eek: At time i though they were just doing a bit of harmless digging and did not think to question the hole they were digging and that the begars were going to plan to dig under fence! My oh never let me foeget i had actually filmed then escaping!

Were they whistling the theme tune to the great escape?:-D

Were they whistling the theme tune to the great escape?:-D

LOL!:D:D:D

Trouble is My Oh will never forget it though! and every visiter we get he always tells them about me filmimg the polecats escaping!:eek: Sandy and spike the two most wanted polecats in England! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was a wasted journey. I went to collect my son from school. He comes out at 3.15pm, but you have to get there early otherwise you can't get a parking space. I arrived outside the school at approx 2.50pm. I waited until 3.10pm to walk down the school drive and into the playground where I pick my son up. My son came out and said "Mummy, what are you doing here? I'm going to my friends house for tea!" So I left the school, got into my car and drove home...alone.

Doh!

Well that was a wasted journey. I went to collect my son from school. He comes out at 3.15pm, but you have to get there early otherwise you can't get a parking space. I arrived outside the school at approx 2.50pm. I waited until 3.10pm to walk down the school drive and into the playground where I pick my son up. My son came out and said "Mummy, what are you doing here? I'm going to my friends house for tea!" So I left the school, got into my car and drove home...alone.

Doh!

Was the tea at his friends house already planned?

If so, I would get my own back by not picking him up from there.;):cool::twisted::p

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

In my job I have to show my boss my driving licence every 6 months, to stay on the insurance. I went to get it, put it in my back pocket and thought I may as well go to the loo while I was upstairs. However I managed to flush my licence down the toilet, plastic wallet and all!! I waited a couple of minutes in case it reappeared, but no such luck, so I had to go and explain to her why I couldn't show my licence. No-one could do any work for laughing.

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Sunflower... it really is worth going for the mamogram if you are asked. The pain soon passes (get yourself to Asda!) and it is better to be safe than sorry. I have a family history so now have to have it done every 12 months but I will be going no matter what (might try tesco next time!!):D

Hi Jailbird!

We talked that one up talking about boobs in chillers! :eek: I just got a summons for my routine mammogram today for being over 50!:eek::eek:

Went on hen weekend last weekend and stayed at the hen's house. She ran out of loo roll, so we ended up using wet wipes. On the back of the loo was a pack of wet wipes, and a pack of Domestos cleaning wipes :eek:. Thank god I looked properly at the last minute!! :eek: It was a close one!

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Speaking of the hen and daft things, we were amazed that nobody got injured. Usually when we go out one of us gets injued. Last time it was me and I ended up with concussion. I think one of the funniest incidents was her daughters 18th. She got very drunk (I don't think her baby turning 18 helped her frame of mind) and me, her, and her husband to be went back to their house (I live quite far away and a taxi would be a fortune). The hen went upstairs and there was a HUGE bang, it was so loud it shook the house, it sounded like a wardrobe falling over or something it was that loud. Her fella was sat watching telly, just acting like nothing had happened. I said to him did he not think he should go upstairs and make sure she was ok (she was VERY drunk and I was about to go and check myself). He said he'd be a minute, went upstairs to check on her and never came back down. So I sat there watching telly, assumed she was ok. After a while I hear her groaning. A lot, and loudly :-o. I assumed the obvious... Ok, we are close, but we are not that close! I decided that was my cue to leave, screw the cost of taxi I didn't want to stay and listen to them 'at it'.

I went home and the morning after she rang to ask me where I was and what happened as she's woken up with a huge black eye (we're talking half of her face), bruises everywhere, I was nowhere to be found and she rememberd nothing. Apparently her OH hadn't gone to check on her, he'd just gone to sleep in the spare room, and the groaning i heard must have been her groaning somewhere upstairs in pain!! We still don't know what she hit, but whatever it was it was bloody hard! She was in hysterics when I told her why I left. It was a good job I did leave though, because apparently during the night out she'd told her OH that he was sentenced for something to the spare room (hence why he went there), and that I was staying with her in their room. I usually stay in the spare room, and nobody had informed me of the change in rooms so it could have ended up a lot worse, scaring the hell out of myself and her OH had I decided to stay and go to bed!!

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

lol, a friend of mine had a couple staying at their house. In the night the bloke needed the loo. Half asleep he found his way to the bathroom, when he was going back to bed he forgot he was not at home and went into the wrong room and climbed into bed with my friend ahd her husband.

They were asleep themselves and automaticaly shuffled up so he could get in!

lol, a friend of mine had a couple staying at their house. In the night the bloke needed the loo. Half asleep he found his way to the bathroom, when he was going back to bed he forgot he was not at home and went into the wrong room and climbed into bed with my friend ahd her husband.

They were asleep themselves and automaticaly shuffled up so he could get in!

:-o:lol::lol::lol:

Really did laugh out loud then! Now that's funny!

Mungy Pup

• 1 month later...

Thank you everyone for a good laugh - a few of these have had my shoulders going:D

A few of mine are

Recently bent over to flush the loo and dropped my sunglasses straight in. Unfortunately I'd not quite got to the flushing bit...luckily it was only number 1's

Went to Brighton with OH when he was working there for the day. Went into the shopping centre on my own and was happily striding through window shopping, but not paying attention to where I was walking. Well I managed to walk full tilt into the granite benches that go all down the centre of the arcade. I was going at enough speed that I twatted both my shins and ended up bent over at the waist with my hands on the bench. No-one to laugh about it with, and to add to the humiliation a lovely lady came over and asked if I was ok. No actually, I think I've broken my legs in several places and I look like I'm waiting for someone to grab me from behind. Now if you don't mind I'm going to muster up what's left of my dignity and my shins and hobble away:)

In a similar vein when I was about 14 I got off the bus after school, which was full of not only a load of friends, but also the boy I had a major crush on, and was so intent on waving at my friends (and looking good for said boy) that I walked straight into a lamp-post in front of the lot of them. You'd think I'd have learnt from that really:D

Sadly this is only the tip of the iceberg. I'm perpetually embarrassing myself:rolleyes:

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

we11 i had fun in B&Q 1ast week was getting 4 grow bags weighed a ton dressed in tiny mini skirt which i was having troub1e keeping in one p1ace and open sanda1s and just as stepping into a huge pudd1e of water as of course it was raining brother shouts watch the "sp1oosh" pudd1e too 1ate feet soaked but to cap it a11 then pushes said tro11ey up the hi11 and tro11ey deciedes its not going up it and ro11s back jutting the edge of the tro11ey into my hip "crunch" ouucchhhh so was gonna kick it but thought best not as might end up with broken toe too :Dneed1ess to say tomatoes are in with no further incident ;)xxkia