• Tweets

• Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Laugh At Yourself Thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went to the petrol station, filled up with petrol, went to pay and found the "card" in my pocket (which I thought was my bank card) was my boots advantage card!!!

:D

Have you never heard of fill and burn?:cool:;):p

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Realised the reason my laptop keeps turning off the wifi is because I keep accidently moving a little brown switch on the front to off. Took me three hours of trawling computer to find out and it was right in front of me.

When I was around 4 I was stood outside a shop with my mum, I was stunned to see her grab a strange childs hand and walk off. Stolen child started to to cry.

Mum looked down saw she had got the wrong kid, marched back and gave me a wallop for "being silly"

But that was the fifties for you :D

When I was around 4 I was stood outside a shop with my mum, I was stunned to see her grab a strange childs hand and walk off. Stolen child started to to cry.

Mum looked down saw she had got the wrong kid, marched back and gave me a wallop for "being silly"

But that was the fifties for you :D

Mums Eh......Who'd have em:D.

I liked it when mums used to say to you. Stop crying, or i will give you something to cry about:p. I never did understand that one.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I once forgot what a triangle was - conversation went along these lines

OP:Me and my daughter saw your landlord and his daughter the other day but I could not remeber her name. Daughter told me it was like the shape so I was saying aloud rhombus, parallelogram, square, triangle etc then she said no the circle one - Sphere (her name is Sophia)

Me: What the HELL is a Tri Angle?????

I got all the other shapes but not that one

Typically was in front of about 10 male colleagues who for about a year afterwards kept singing 'blue triangle' whenever I passed them

Went for bridesmaid fitting on Sat. Whilst wearing dress, dressmaker lady told me to turn around so I was not facing the mirror, so that she could adjust the train. I did as asked. Then she asked me to lift my left leg in the air. I did as asked (it was stuck out, ice skater style). I clung onto the bride as I was wobbeling a bit, and after about a minute or two, dressmaker lady asked why my leg was in the air. I said she told me to do so. Apparently I'd been stood on the train and she just wanted me to get off it :oops:

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Too many to mention! Had the same Spain thing and grabbed a man by the hand ..talking away, looked up, saw a stranger and his not so happy girlfriend. Oops.

The most recent thing was getting a silent phone call..I did the usual and said it's their money they are wasting and was getting more annoyed when they wouldn't hang up..I'd sat on my mobile and rang the house phone :(

Can I mention ghosts here or does that make look like a real crackpot? I was locked in a factory over the weekend and heard children talking, a boy and a girl. I caught just a few words in the middle of what they were saying. ' It's in here'. and then they giggled. It's an industrial site and covered by CCTV with live security monitoring so anyone entering would have been told to leave. I had a look around, expecting to see a couple of kids but there was nothing. No radios on and just me there with a few rats. That was on Saturday. On Sunday I heard the same giggles, no footsteps or seeing anything. A few other voices and the noise of doors closing.

Yep..thought it strange, mentioned it, expecting to look like a nutter, but it seems I'm not the only person to have heard it. The factory has been there since the 40's and was built on a marl hole, bombing and mining area. With a few horse and carts lost along the way.

Spooky but at least the 'kids' seem happy wherever they are.

The worst thing I have ever said is, 'Cheer up, you look like your wife has left you '. She had..

Not as bad as the girl that worked for us when I was managing a Betting office. An old couple were regulars and had said they were planning a trip to Blackpool. The old guy came in on the weekend and said, 'She's gone'. The girl said it was a lovely day for it and hope she'd have a good time.

It wasn't Blackpool that she'd gone to...

And never ask me to wrap flowers..

I've been driving and thought I'd forgotten my car keys, more than once.

My fob wouldn't work and I couldn't open my car until my OH reminded me that I could use the keys instead.

Edited by Crapstone

Mums Eh......Who'd have em:D.

I liked it when mums used to say to you. Stop crying, or i will give you something to cry about:p. I never did understand that one.

'Don't come running to me if you break your leg' :D

Too many to mention! Had the same Spain thing and grabbed a man by the hand ..talking away, looked up, saw a stranger and his not so happy girlfriend. Oops.

The most recent thing was getting a silent phone call..I did the usual and said it's their money they are wasting and was getting more annoyed when they wouldn't hang up..I'd sat on my mobile and rang the house phone :(

Can I mention ghosts here or does that make look like a real crackpot? I was locked in a factory over the weekend and heard children talking, a boy and a girl. I caught just a few words in the middle of what they were saying. ' It's in here'. and then they giggled. It's an industrial site and covered by CCTV with live security monitoring so anyone entering would have been told to leave. I had a look around, expecting to see a couple of kids but there was nothing. No radios on and just me there with a few rats. That was on Saturday. On Sunday I heard the same giggles, no footsteps or seeing anything. A few other voices and the noise of doors closing.

Yep..thought it strange, mentioned it, expecting to look like a nutter, but it seems I'm not the only person to have heard it. The factory has been there since the 40's and was built on a marl hole, bombing and mining area. With a few horse and carts lost along the way.

Spooky but at least the 'kids' seem happy wherever they are.

Perhaps the rats have learned to talk?! :shock:;)

I remember once going to the library and collecting some library books on the way home from work.I also had some food shopping with me including some frozen food.,I got home put the food away and then i went to take my library books out of bag.,Well i could not find these library books and bag anywhere .i was looking all round the house for the dratted things going through various carrier bags getting quite fed up wondering where i had put the dratted things.My husband who knows what i am like said you diodent put them in the freezer did you! I looked at him and thought surely i havent ,but thought i had better look and yes lo and behold there in the freezer was a carrier bag with some nice freeshly frozen library books! LOL I had obviously chucked them in there with my frozen food i had recently put away:eek:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I don't think I have ever given myself a silent call by accident :D but I have had a few daft moments with the phone.

Once I was at someone elses house and I called the boyfriend to ask something (this was before we all had mobiles) and I left a message on the answer machine saying something along the lines of "hello, 'name', it's me, are you there? pick up if you're there". This was early in the morning. By the time I got home I'd forgotten I'd wanted to ask him somethig, and totally forgotten that I'd called him, so wasn't happy at all when i got home to find answer machine message from my twin asking for my boyfriend to pick up as it was her. People had allways said we sounded alike on the phone.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

I am sometimes a bit of a twit with computers! get impatient sometimes and tend to go mad clicking on things! LOL Once i managed to set one of my MBNA threatograms as a picture on my deskk top!:eek: I could not believe i had done that! LOL

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I cant believe it... my first interview in a long time on Monday, and after eating pork crackling today, one of my front crowns snapped, leaving me with a gap and looking like a hillbilly, soo embarrassing:oops: Cant be fixed till wednesday:(

I am sometimes a bit of a twit with computers! get impatient sometimes and tend to go mad clicking on things! LOL Once i managed to set one of my MBNA threatograms as a picture on my deskk top!:eek: I could not believe i had done that! LOL

The first time I saw the Windows 'illegal' page..Can't remember what it said. Something like 'this computer has made an illegal...'

I sweated for ages expecting the police to turn up and I hadn't done anything wrong, but imagined all sorts of things. What a plonker :oops:

The first time I saw the Windows 'illegal' page..Can't remember what it said. Something like 'this computer has made an illegal...'

I sweated for ages expecting the police to turn up and I hadn't done anything wrong, but imagined all sorts of things. What a plonker :oops:

Hi Crapstone!

Dont worry i was exactly the same! Our first windows 95 computer was constantly displaying the illegal operation page and like you my heart used to go to my mouth thinking i had done something very bad on computer and the police were going to arive to arrest me too! LOL:eek:

I cant believe it... my first interview in a long time on Monday, and after eating pork crackling today, one of my front crowns snapped, leaving me with a gap and looking like a hillbilly, soo embarrassing:oops: Cant be fixed till wednesday:(

How awful for you,That is just so unlucky:(

Well, few years back took the boss to see a customer, parked in a multi storey and of we went.

Came back 2 hours later and ...........no car. Sooooooooooo we then searched every floor of the 8 floor park, just to be on the safe side, then phoned the plod.

While waiting for the police I remembered something we had both forgoten, my normal company car was in service and I was driving the pool car.

Errrrrrr.....turned out to be one of those days. When I dropped him back to his car he then managed to reverse over his laptop which he'd put down while taking his jacket off.

David

Yeah I know, think Ill get the embarrassment over with straight away and tell her I dont always look like this:cool: I normally look like this:-D

At least it will as you say be a bit of an ice breaker!:)

Well, few years back took the boss to see a customer, parked in a multi storey and of we went.

Came back 2 hours later and ...........no car. Sooooooooooo we then searched every floor of the 8 floor park, just to be on the safe side, then phoned the plod.

While waiting for the police I remembered something we had both forgoten, my normal company car was in service and I was driving the pool car.

Errrrrrr.....turned out to be one of those days. When I dropped him back to his car he then managed to reverse over his laptop which he'd put down while taking his jacket off.

David

Hi David

I bet you wished the ground would swallow you up! LOL:eek:

I remember standing on a corner of a road once, a bloke in a car pulled up. He asked for directions to a road, i replied no mate your Knowhere near that road it's on the other side of town. Only to step forward when the bloke drove away to reveal the road sign he was asking for.

Gaz