Lender Threatens Repossession, DSS fail to pay, repeatedly lose claim

mary g
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 30th Sept my employment was terminated. I claimed JSA from the 6th October till last payment date of January 7.

The DSS informed me that after 13 weeks claiming benefit they would give me help with my mortgage. Meaning that they should have started paying on Jan 3rd.

On Jan 7th I slipped on ice and broke my ankle needing 7 days hospitalisation and two operations.

When I got out of hospital I informed the JSA about my accident and they told me that I would now have to make a new claim for ESA as my broken leg made me ineligible for JSA. After a number of phone calls, they assured me that that they would transfer the mortgage side of things to the new benefit ESA, so there was no worries there.

They told me I would only be without money for 3 weeks till the new claim was sorted. It is now March 18th and I have not received a penny from them.

Three weeks ago they sent me a form to fill out about a second property which I have rented out on a buy to let scheme, asking for all the details, which I gave them on the form and sent it in to the DSS office with a copy of my tenants tenancy agreement. They informed me that they never received this letter.

They then sent me out a duplicate of this form to refill in again which my sister took down to the job centre personally on my behalf, in order that they could not deny receipt of it and so that they could fax it through to the correct dept while she was there waiting.

Three days later I phoned them to enquire how much longer it would be. They told me that I had forgotten to sign the back of the form which they would repost out to me. They asked me to get an up to date valuation and post it to them. I received the form, signed it and returned it with an Estate agents valuation on Thursday 11th March. They now tell me they never received this letter either! I have phoned them daily to see if the letter has arrived, it still has not. They tell me that someone from `New Claims` will contact me.

Today I received a letter from my mortgage company saying I am 2 months in arrears, because the job centre have not even started the procedure to pay it as the claim has not been sorted yet. They told me to ask DSS for form MI12 to be sent to them urgently.

I contacted the council Welfare Rights Advice unit, they told me that they could not help me. I phoned the CAB who just suggested I wrote a letter of complaint to the DSS. I am very distressed that I am unable to get help from anywhere.

I have now reached my overdraft limit with my bank and credit cards etc. I am now feeling very desperate regarding my circumstances. My friend Zombe, suggested I join the CAG and post here. Can anyone out there help me please!

Regards Mary G .

On 30th Sept my employment was terminated. I claimed JSA from the 6th October till last payment date of January 7.

The DSS informed me that after 13 weeks claiming benefit they would give me help with my mortgage. Meaning that they should have started paying on Jan 3rd.

On Jan 7th I slipped on ice and broke my ankle needing 7 days hospitalisation and two operations.

When I got out of hospital I informed the JSA about my accident and they told me that I would now have to make a new claim for ESA as my broken leg made me ineligible for JSA. After a number of phone calls, they assured me that that they would transfer the mortgage side of things to the new benefit ESA, so there was no worries there.

They told me I would only be without money for 3 weeks till the new claim was sorted. It is now March 18th and I have not received a penny from them.

Three weeks ago they sent me a form to fill out about a second property which I have rented out on a buy to let scheme, asking for all the details, which I gave them on the form and sent it in to the DSS office with a copy of my tenants tenancy agreement. They informed me that they never received this letter.

They then sent me out a duplicate of this form to refill in again which my sister took down to the job centre personally on my behalf, in order that they could not deny receipt of it and so that they could fax it through to the correct dept while she was there waiting.

Three days later I phoned them to enquire how much longer it would be. They told me that I had forgotten to sign the back of the form which they would repost out to me. They asked me to get an up to date valuation and post it to them. I received the form, signed it and returned it with an Estate agents valuation on Thursday 11th March. They now tell me they never received this letter either! I have phoned them daily to see if the letter has arrived, it still has not. They tell me that someone from `New Claims` will contact me.

Today I received a letter from my mortgage company saying I am 2 months in arrears, because the job centre have not even started the procedure to pay it as the claim has not been sorted yet. They told me to ask DSS for form MI12 to be sent to them urgently.

I contacted the council Welfare Rights Advice unit, they told me that they could not help me. I phoned the CAB who just suggested I wrote a letter of complaint to the DSS. I am very distressed that I am unable to get help from anywhere.

I have now reached my overdraft limit with my bank and credit cards etc. I am now feeling very desperate regarding my circumstances. My friend Zombe, suggested I join the CAG and post here. Can anyone out there help me please!

Regards Mary G .

Sorry to hear about your story I am afraid the only advice I can give you is to always make sure any letter you post are sent by Recorded Delivery and make double sure you have the right department like that the dss cannot say they haven't received your letter. Also let your mortgate company know what is going on with regards to the dss and that you have the matter in hand and you are dealing with it.

• Haha 1

have you applied for a crisis loan from the dss because you would qualify

• Haha 1

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

If your ankle is still not healed and you are having difficulty walking you might want to consider a claim for DLA. There is a 3 month qualifying period meaning you could not claim until 7 April. You should complain to your MP and also ask him/her to involve the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

• Haha 1

Unfortunately all the government departments have got wise to this 'not received' con and use it as an excuse for ineptitude or to delay matters, the same as all companies have now followed suite on this £5 fee for not paying by direct debt con. It's a shame that you didn't do it recorded as it means you can't prove it in any way.

Have you actioned Pompey Faiths advice and applied for a crisis loan.

Thanks for your advice Coniff, i am seriously considering applying for a crisis loan but am trying to avoid it as it is just more debt incurred to pay back later. i didnt get it registered because i could not get to post office with a broken ankle.

Thanks for your advice Coniff, i am seriously considering applying for a crisis loan but am trying to avoid it as it is just more debt incurred to pay back later. i didnt get it registered because i could not get to post office with a broken ankle.

I've had a crisis loan which I am still paying it's not too bad I pay £3.50 per week which is already deducted from your benefit money so you won't miss anything mine would be finish this May 2010 but I do agree about being in more debt.

I've had a crisis loan which I am still paying it's not too bad I pay £3.50 per week which is already deducted from your benefit money so you won't miss anything mine would be finish this May 2010 but I do agree about being in more debt.

Helen, do they add any sort of interest or admin fee to the loan?

Helen, do they add any sort of interest or admin fee to the loan?

Not as far as I know I am just paying what I've borrowed to the pennies no interests or admin fees are charged as I've borrowed the loan three years ago I've just check again via the jobcentre website it's still the same no interests charged.

So if you are desperate please do go ahead the loan money came within a week of me sending the form it just goes to your bank account.

I hope this helps

Thanks for that Helen. I'm very fortunate that I have never been in the same position as many on these forums, so it was only out of curiosity that I asked. I was expecting a yes as this government seems to grab every penny it can from anywhere it can.

Will follow every bit of advice given so thanks everyone. I think getting the MP involved worked a treat as they suddenly rang and said they found my paperwork... hooray, though i wonder what their next excuse will be, so thanks again, maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel now, i will keep you posted

Regards Mary g.

It always amuses me how paperwork suddenly comes to light when someone with authority gets involved.

This just proves the point that they do not care in any way for the man in the street and are only out to get money, councils have no more morals than a bunch of unlicensed cowboy wheel clampers.

Keep your mort co up to date with the news.

Thanks for that Helen. I'm very fortunate that I have never been in the same position as many on these forums, so it was only out of curiosity that I asked. I was expecting a yes as this government seems to grab every penny it can from anywhere it can.

Agree with you there.

be well

• 3 weeks later...