• Tweets

• did you submit your directions
    • They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Observation....

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh gosh i wasnt haveing a go at all...infact i am proud to say i have learnt so much over the last fews months....

Sorry if i sounded selfish didnt mean to....

Not at all, nobody is suggesting you are having a go or being selfish :)

In fact I do agree with you in part. Just be aware that there are a lot of caggers who might not have the same massive reputation as others, but still have a great deal of learned knowledge to impart. Seems a case of not seeing the wood for the trees!!

We're all here to help each other and learn as we go ;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im absolutely guilty of waiting on the words of an expert (not so much recently but defo in the earlier days) bite the bullet all we can all become 'experts'

Agree with wannabe and Mark and I wuv u toooo Mark :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

it is my opinion some caggers are not as confident with some issues as they do not want to give the wrong advise or direction as they realise how important this could be to the recipetant.

but sometimes a lot of knowledge can be gained from the forum through caggers dipping their toes in the water and actually stating what they think

it is down to each individual to interpret and decipher the information and use and discard as they see fit

without caggers we would all be fighting a solitary fight

good luck all. and remember with numbers we will all be heard eventually

essexboy

Hey Ladies! I`m IN!!! :p:p:p

:rolleyes: Can take the bloke out the Navy.......

cant take the navy out the bloke :rolleyes:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

it is my opinion some caggers are not as confident with some issues as they do not want to give the wrong advise or direction as they realise how important this could be to the recipetant.

but sometimes a lot of knowledge can be gained from the forum through caggers dipping their toes in the water and actually stating what they think

it is down to each individual to interpret and decipher the information and use and discard as they see fit

without caggers we would all be fighting a solitary fight

good luck all. and remember with numbers we will all be heard eventually

essexboy

Exactly!!! :cool:

cheers, MARK

EXACTLY!!! LMFAO :p:p:D:p

Cheers, MARK XXX

hahaha and marks back in the building and beyond is sat laughing lol

spirIt dead

WHO ARE THEY KIDDING

WELL DONE BEYOND AND ONE AND ALL

essexboy

We may get down but we not out ;)

Sorry!!! :oops:

Cheers, MARK

dont apologise it shows the fighting spirit everyone thinks is lacking and always brings a smile to my face

shows you speak from the heart and more than often you do talk sense

best of luck mark

essexboy

My opinion is that people get there hopes up and rightly so to a certain extent newbies are asked to put the contract up etc then legal technicalities (sometimes very technical) are found they are promised letters and the words "Unenforceble". These dont materialise and people are left "high and dry". Mark is right these people arent experts and we are all learning, results against the **** back this up.

We cant expect these people to be on call just for us they have lives like us all. My gripe is dont start something is your not prepared to finish it some people on here have ended up in worst trouble then when they started due to the promise of help. At the end of the day it doesnt take 2mins to reply to a thread and simply say "Ill be back in a week", "Sorry I dont have the knowledge at this stage". Then I suppose some have won there battles and dont feel the need to come on anymore.

One thing is for sure Ive certainly not given up, whenever I switch the PC I check here. Im not an expert or a very popular poster but where I feel I can advise I will. We will beat these scumbags no one said it will be easy or hard we all just gotta keep together and keep the Battle alive. They are finished anyway wether its us as consumers or their creditors the end is coming.

Bebo x

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

My opinion is that people get there hopes up and rightly so to a certain extent newbies are asked to put the contract up etc then legal technicalities (sometimes very technical) are found they are promised letters and the words "Unenforceble". These dont materialise and people are left "high and dry". Mark is right these people arent experts and we are all learning, results against the **** back this up.

We cant expect these people to be on call just for us they have lives like us all. My gripe is dont start something is your not prepared to finish it some people on here have ended up in worst trouble then when they started due to the promise of help. At the end of the day it doesnt take 2mins to reply to a thread and simply say "Ill be back in a week", "Sorry I dont have the knowledge at this stage". Then I suppose some have won there battles and dont feel the need to come on anymore.

One thing is for sure Ive certainly not given up, whenever I switch the PC I check here. Im not an expert or a very popular poster but where I feel I can advise I will. We will beat these scumbags no one said it will be easy or hard we all just gotta keep together and keep the Battle alive. They are finished anyway wether its us as consumers or their creditors the end is coming.

Bebo x

Dont put yaself down!! You are popular...I like ya :p And you are as valuable as any of us here x

P.S. Does anyone know how to contact site team to request getting your thread moved??

wbdfs, my understanding is that you bring the post/thread to the attention of the site team by clicking on the red triangle at the bottom left. I presume it brings up some form where you input why you are bringing it to their attention, ut I don't really want to click the triangle to find out, just in case it doesn't!

wbdfs, my understanding is that you bring the post/thread to the attention of the site team by clicking on the red triangle at the bottom left. I presume it brings up some form where you input why you are bringing it to their attention, ut I don't really want to click the triangle to find out, just in case it doesn't!

Thanks for that, I done it now :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/242261-car-repossessd-off-private.html

I have been waiting since april 2007 for welscum to come and take their car back off my drive, despite numerous phone calls even 3 letters giving them 28 days or I would dispose of it ,1 was even sent recorded. Guess what said car is still sitting on my drive gathering dust, all i get when they phone up is we'll sort it but nothing ever happens,had loads of people ask if the car is for sale as its too good to just sit there,god I'm tempted.what do think will happen next ???? answers on a post card

Gaz6078

Sell It!!! 3 Years of Trying to Sort it out!!! Sell It And See What Happens???

Only My opinion, You Have done Your Best!!! They`re Not Interested Are They??? How Would They Know You Had Sold It??? ;)

Or Charge Them A Reasonable Amount of Rent for Keeping the Car Safe On Your Property for The Last 3 Years??? lol

Cheers, MARK

lets hope gaz6078 lives in london parking space is at premium rate

could bankrupt welcome:p

essexboy

That`s the sort of REASONABLE AMOUNT I`m talking about!!! LMAO:lol:

Do IT Gaz!!! Send A Letter Asking for Payment of What Ever You think Is Reasonable for Parking The Said Car for 3 Years!!! LMFAO :lol::lol::lol:

That might Just Spark Some Sort Of Reaction??? :cool:

Cheers, MARK

Lol at the above.

With me I tend to stumble upon little bits and be offered others.

I then look on the net for more info to see if it's worth going for.

For example I don't think our agreement is that dodgy apart from the inclGX but I decided not to persue that avenue since WF had issued a default notice and then a termination notice and from the info learnt on here and the net I have accepted the TN.

Just have to wait and see now.

If there's any doubt then you don't have to act upon anything you read on here if it doesn't sit right for you :)

That`s the sort of REASONABLE AMOUNT I`m talking about!!! LMAO:lol:

Do IT Gaz!!! Send A Letter Asking for Payment of What Ever You think Is Reasonable for Parking The Said Car for 3 Years!!! LMFAO :lol::lol::lol:

That might Just Spark Some Sort Of Reaction??? :cool:

Cheers, MARK

There are several websites that you can sign up to for hiring out your driveway. might be worth an enquiry to see what your spot would be worth and then send em an invoice.

Parking Spaces, Driveways and Garages for Rent | Rent out Parking for a start. sorry for links!