Excel Parking PCN - advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I've come to this site because today I received a parking charge notice from Excel, for parking in a car park in Chorlton, Manchester. I didn't buy a ticket, due to the fact that I dropped someone off there (there was nowhere to stop on the adjoining roads), then simply circled the car park without stopping until they returned, at which point I left. This whole process took 11 minutes from entry to exit.

Now, I'm of the opinion that they can't charge me for parking when I didn't in fact park - I didn't at any point occupy a space. In addition, the photo of my car entering the car park shows almost nothing of the car. I certainly object to paying the charge, but I'd like to know if anyone else thinks I have legal grounds to appeal?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

its not a real PCN its a [problem] invoice

IGNORE their silly letters

no matter what they say in them

seach for excel on the forum and have a good laugh to yourself

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Hi,

I have also had a "fine" sent home after I parked in Chorlton-Cum-Hardy. I parked and paid at the machine where you have to introduce your registration, so I did. I placed the ticket on the dashboard, as you would do.

today I received a letter telling me that I had not displayed the ticket and I had to pay £60. In the letter there is a photo of my car entering and going out, from a top camera, which only shows the car and registration.

They did not leave a note on the car window (because I would have kept the ticket) and the letter with the photo shows nothing about my ticket displayed.

How can I prove this. As they said to get in touch with them inmediately, I have done by email.

Can someone advice me if I can prove it, if the machine holds the registration at all?

Any advice will be very, very welcome. I am distressed.....:(

As they said to get in touch with them inmediately, I have done by email

Do you reply to Nigerian [problematic]? Then why are you emailing these cowboys?

All you have is an unenforceable invoice. Ignore them and the threatening junkmail they'll send you. Then they'll give up.

IT'S A [problem].

• 3 years later...
this thread is 3 years old so do not rely on the advice on it as being best practice. Start a new thread for help and tell us what the wording on the "ticket" is.

just checked his post's

three years old and you need to ask for help??,where have you been.

Hi,

I have also had a "fine" sent home after I parked in Chorlton-Cum-Hardy. I parked and paid at the machine where you have to introduce your registration, so I did. I placed the ticket on the dashboard, as you would do.

today I received a letter telling me that I had not displayed the ticket and I had to pay £60. In the letter there is a photo of my car entering and going out, from a top camera, which only shows the car and registration.

They did not leave a note on the car window (because I would have kept the ticket) and the letter with the photo shows nothing about my ticket displayed.

How can I prove this. As they said to get in touch with them inmediately, I have done by email.

Can someone advice me if I can prove it, if the machine holds the registration at all?

Any advice will be very, very welcome. I am distressed.....:(

you need to start your own thread! public or private car park/who is the ticket from & does it really say fine????.