• Tweets

• Back in September my husband was at home with our 2 year old son and 5 months old puppy when suddenly a DPD driver walked into our property.  We live on a main road and the front door was wide open while he tried to take a picture of the goods inside.  My husband was shocked and furious which is understandable as open doors, main roads, puppies and toddlers don’t mix.  At the time we had a man in servicing the boiler so the front door was not locked.   My husband shouted at the guy to get out and the rude driver persisted with his attempted to picture  the package in the hallway even calling my husband “white boy” and telling him to shut up.  My husband ushered him out of the house and shut the door.  He immediately called the local DPD depot and raised a complaint to be told that someone would call him back.  This call never came.  We did not pursue this as no harm had to come anyone and DPD were obviously not interested.   Fast forward a few months and I was expecting a coin from the Royal Mint for the value of around £750.  The tracking on the delivery of this stated that coin had been delivered, then it said it had been delivered to number 2 (we are number 18).  Calling over and over again I was never supported by DPD as to where my package was.  The Royal Mint was informed it was delivered and I was invoiced £750 for the coin.  Try as I might to have this invoice removed from my name they would not budge as DPD said it was delivered.  It nearly got to court proceedings before the coin eventually landed back at the Royal Mint.  After that debacle I was frustrated, rejected another coin being sent and left it at that.   Again we move forward a few months and I am now expecting some gardening tools to be delivered that ordered from Amazon.  I had no details of the delivery but then I get an email from the seller advising me the items are on their way to them and I will get a refund.  I check the tracking information and once again DPD have returned the items. I thought this was odd but calling through to DPD offered no input as to why and they just told me to order them again.   A week later I take out a new contract with Sky for a mobile phone and on the morning I am due to get the delivery from DPD the goods are sent straight back to sky.  I was so puzzled at this point so I call DPD and ask them why. They inform me that there is no name on the parcel and due to the value of the goods there has to be a name.  I literally spend all day on the phone to sky speaking to various departments trying to get a new phone but they all inform me that I have to have a new order which means a new credit check.   I hate this idea because one credit check knocks your score by hundreds of points and takes months to build back up.  In the end they say they can send a new phone and to my relief they dispatch that night.   The next morning I wake to a message to say the phone had been shipped but was rejected by DPD and sent back to Sky.  I called DPD and was told they can’t tell me why and I must speak to sky.  I speak to sky and they tell me I have to speak to DPD.  My frustration is working overtime at this point and I have nowhere to go.   I remember I have a contact through work of someone at DPD who was trying to get my company to use DPD’s services.  She was incredibly helpful and confirms that my property has been blacklisted because the driver feels unsafe!!!  He feels unsafe!!!  He was the one who entered my home yet he feels unsafe???  My contact passes on my details to the exec helpdesk who proceeds to tell me that they are very sorry that all of this happened, they have retrained the driver however they will not remove the ban on deliveries to my property.  I ask why I cannot collect from a local drop box or shop but am informed they do not offer this service (although this is a service they promote as it saves the environment).  They say my complaint was called back but we didn’t answer however this is not correct as no call was ever received.    To make matters comical is that the same driver deliveries to my husbands place of work and he collects/delivers regularly.  He doesn’t even recognise him let alone feel threatened by him.  The exec helpdesk have said sorry for their lack of transparency on the blacklist of the address and for the bogus reasons for rejecting my parcels.  They have said sorry for not following up the call more than once and they have said sorry that delivering to drop boxes and shops is not something which they do.   They seem to be very sorry for a lot of things but it does not help me fix this issue and it impacts any further online shopping as I must now always establish who the courier is before placing orders….which is quite a difficult thing to do!   Where do I stand with this because I still don’t know what the driver is even saying happened as nobody will divulge this.  They seems to have closed ranks and are taking the drivers word as gospel over the version of events which we are not able to defend.   The lies they have told so far to me and their customers (Amazon, Royal Mint, Sky) about the bogus return reasons shows they are not a truthful company. Back in September my husband was at home with our 2 year old son and 5 months old puppy when suddenly a DPD driver walked into our property.  We live on a main road and the front door was wide open while he tried to take a picture of the goods inside.  My husband was shocked and furious which is understandable as open doors, main roads, puppies and toddlers don’t mix.  At the time we had a man in servicing the boiler so the front door was not locked.   My husband shouted at the guy to get out and the rude driver persisted with his attempted to picture  the package in the hallway even calling my husband “white boy” and telling him to shut up.  My husband ushered him out of the house and shut the door.  He immediately called the local DPD depot and raised a complaint to be told that someone would call him back.  This call never came.  We did not pursue this as no harm had to come anyone and DPD were obviously not interested.   Fast forward a few months and I was expecting a coin from the Royal Mint for the value of around £750.  The tracking on the delivery of this stated that coin had been delivered, then it said it had been delivered to number 2 (we are number 18).  Calling over and over again I was never supported by DPD as to where my package was.  The Royal Mint was informed it was delivered and I was invoiced £750 for the coin.  Try as I might to have this invoice removed from my name they would not budge as DPD said it was delivered.  It nearly got to court proceedings before the coin eventually landed back at the Royal Mint.  After that debacle I was frustrated, rejected another coin being sent and left it at that.   Again we move forward a few months and I am now expecting some gardening tools to be delivered that ordered from Amazon.  I had no details of the delivery but then I get an email from the seller advising me the items are on their way to them and I will get a refund.  I check the tracking information and once again DPD have returned the items. I thought this was odd but calling through to DPD offered no input as to why and they just told me to order them again.   A week later I take out a new contract with Sky for a mobile phone and on the morning I am due to get the delivery from DPD the goods are sent straight back to sky.  I was so puzzled at this point so I call DPD and ask them why. They inform me that there is no name on the parcel and due to the value of the goods there has to be a name.  I literally spend all day on the phone to sky speaking to various departments trying to get a new phone but they all inform me that I have to have a new order which means a new credit check.   I hate this idea because one credit check knocks your score by hundreds of points and takes months to build back up.  In the end they say they can send a new phone and to my relief they dispatch that night.   The next morning I wake to a message to say the phone had been shipped but was rejected by DPD and sent back to Sky.  I called DPD and was told they can’t tell me why and I must speak to sky.  I speak to sky and they tell me I have to speak to DPD.  My frustration is working overtime at this point and I have nowhere to go.   I remember I have a contact through work of someone at DPD who was trying to get my company to use DPD’s services.  She was incredibly helpful and confirms that my property has been blacklisted because the driver feels unsafe!!!  He feels unsafe!!!  He was the one who entered my home yet he feels unsafe???  My contact passes on my details to the exec helpdesk who proceeds to tell me that they are very sorry that all of this happened, they have retrained the driver however they will not remove the ban on deliveries to my property.  I ask why I cannot collect from a local drop box or shop but am informed they do not offer this service (although this is a service they promote as it saves the environment).  They say my complaint was called back but we didn’t answer however this is not correct as no call was ever received.    To make matters comical is that the same driver deliveries to my husbands place of work and he collects/delivers regularly.  He doesn’t even recognise him let alone feel threatened by him.  The exec helpdesk have said sorry for their lack of transparency on the blacklist of the address and for the bogus reasons for rejecting my parcels.  They have said sorry for not following up the call more than once and they have said sorry that delivering to drop boxes and shops is not something which they do.   They seem to be very sorry for a lot of things but it does not help me fix this issue and it impacts any further online shopping as I must now always establish who the courier is before placing orders….which is quite a difficult thing to do!   Where do I stand with this because I still don’t know what the driver is even saying happened as nobody will divulge this.  They seems to have closed ranks and are taking the drivers word as gospel over the version of events which we are not able to defend.   The lies they have told so far to me and their customers (Amazon, Royal Mint, Sky) about the bogus return reasons shows they are not a truthful company.   How are they able to blacklist and not tell anybody and lie to everyone involved as to why.   If anyone else needs to complain to DPD use the following email address: [email protected] 
    • Given they have presumably done this work for other properties, hopefully your complaint will now make them take you seriously and put you at the head of the queue.   If that fails and you do have to threaten or take legal action, given what you have - paper trail, promises by them to do the work at various dates, acceptance by them of their responsibility - I think you're in a great position.  You've gone the right way about this.   Let's do this.  Wait till Thursday.  Then come back here and if you've had no joy we can think about a Letter of Claim.  Legally there are various timescales which may or may not include giving them a final chance to complete the work before you do it yourself and sue them - I'm afraid I only have the vaguest knowledge of these but on Thursday we can "call in" Caggers who have years of experience with problems like yours.    Very good idea of yours to get quotes for how much it will cost to do the work.
    • Update of this Court Case  Good afternoon   I can confirm that the initial breach occurred on 28 October 2016, as outlined in the attached Witness Statement.   I have also attached all of the Witness Statements issued in relation to your case.   It is our position that your defence does not raise any grounds with reasonable prospect of successfully defending the Claim and there is no good reason why the matter should be disposed of at trial. As such we would be prepared to offer you an arrangement under a Tomlin Order for repayment of the outstanding balance at an affordable amount.   If you would like us to draft a Tomlin Order, please confirm your offer of repayment by return.     ****The court case is scheduled for July*** this does not seem correct in terms of dates to me with regards to initial breach?    I  have not signed any paperwork received a default and they have conceded they did not contact me for two years after the sale. Should I send them a CPR request now?    The court costs they have now added for themselves are over £1.5k and the original debt they say was £2.3K.     
    • Standard defence. Wait for the directions questionnaire and keep on doing the reading about insurance requirements and how unfair and unenforceable they are
    • Received defence letter today (attached) J7QZ30D9 DEFENCE.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Does anybody know this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anybody know on this forum of anyone actually been taken to court by a DCA for bank charges/overdrafts, you always hear of people being taken to court by DCA for Loans/credit cards, i just wanted to know what the position is because i thought for a DCA to take you to court for a debt the DCA has to have the correct paperwork and actually has to own the debt first because if they have neither then surely it wouldn't stand up in court, or am i totally off the mark....

it isnt beyond the realms of inpossibility..however, dca's do initiate court action but it seems to be totally random..if they think you are an easy target then they seem to go for it..and yes they would have to have all the correct paperwork..it seems once you start challenging them in most cases they gracefully fade away after awhile