HFO- Harrassment!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the posts on this site regarding HFO. I unfortunately have the pleasure of dealing with these people. Currently a women called Raunak has been calling me, she rings about 13 times a day. I have started to ignore the calls but now she has started calling my family ( Some of which I haven't spoken too in years ) and saying taht I have given them there names as point of contact. This Raunak has called my neighbours and even calls herself another name in the hope I that I will call her back. She has disclosed my details to everyone she has spoken to and even called my mother a liar. This morning she called and I ripped into her, she got aggressive and told me that she has no way broken any data protection. I sent an email to the customer care email address and told them that I will go to the police if this continues but she is still calling. I have made an official complaint to the OFT and told this Raunak this but she thinks she is doing no wrong. This has caused huge problems in my family as she is telling people lies about me, saying that I gave them their details as a contact. I put the phone down on her and now I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas how to get rid of this woman..?:mad:

Best way to deal with this is to record the conversations. Can you do this? This will be incontrovertible evidence of what is going on.

If she leaves voicemails, keep and record them too, and log the dates and times of all calls.

We'll get on to the harassment letters you need to send in a while.

Can you provide more background - the alleged debt, who it was with, what correspondence you've had from HFO, etc?

Thank you Donkey B, The debt was with Barclaycard in 2005. I split with my partner and he agreed to pay the outstanding balance, clearly this didn't happen as this is the first time that I have heard about it. The amount orginally was for £500 now its £1,000. Raunak has said that she sent a letter, but up until now I haven't seen anything. Unfortunately I lost my job a few months ago and I explained this to her but she said she wanted a payment of £120 before she could arrange a payment plan. I only get £60 a week so I told her it wasn't possible and she went on saying could I borrow the money from parents, friends etc. I advised her that its not that easy to do and she even asked my mother to pay the outstanding amount when she called. I have totally lost my rag with her this morning and told her she could take me to court if she liked. Guess I will have to wait and see what she will do next.

Do not speak to them on the phone. CCA them, then SAR barclaycard. You will then find out exactly how much the charges are for and when any payments were last made against the account.

HFO are horrible people to deal with, so everything in writing only.

Trouble is if i don't speak to them on the phone, she starts calling all my family and neighbours to get them to pass messages on. This is making my family mad as they have told her that I'm not there and she doesn't believe them.

She is not allowed under ANY circumstances to call your family, go online to the Consumer Advice helpline and get Trading Standards and the local police involved ASAP. The local police may say it is a civil matter but state that this woman has caused you safety issues and you feel threatened by members of your own family because of it.

Go to Citizens Advice as well and get them involved. Don't forget to also get in touch with your phone service provider and let them know you have a 'stalker' on the phone, they can set up a listening service and get her stopped.

She is probably calling from India or somewhere else offshore and has been trained that 'our' laws can't count as she is not calling from England, that is a load of bull...

make a complaint to your local police force on their none emergency number. refuse to be fobbed off by them. they are publicly funded public servants aftertall. take it to a higher level if you are not happy with what they say to you. if they do assist you then they will contact this witches company and warn them off for you.

you need to tell all your family members that are receiving these calls as well exactly what is going on and tell them what you are doing about it. tell them to tell the silly cow to go away and get them to threaten her with police intevention as well. there are laws against this type of behaviour weather she likes it or not.

Hi Angrygirly,

Don't worry, you will be in good hands here, and receive good advice. HFO are a disgusting company, who seem to believe they are above any laws, rules or regulations. No they cannot contact other people and discuss your debt, blatant breach of data protection, I think you will also find, they are only allowed to call a certain number of times.

But anyway, as Donkey suggested, try to put as many details as you can, then you can be directed in the right direction, and get these calls stopped.

If you can get any of those incoming calls recorded, it will by dynamite to use against them, especially when they start telling their usual lies. The priority is to stop the calls - we can deal with all the other issues later.

Thank you all for your comments. Since yesterday morning I haven't heard anything. But I won't hold my breath. But this time i'm going to be ready for her. I spoke to CAB yesterday and they are using my case to inform the rest of the CAB around the country of whats going on. I have also received an email from the OFT and they have asked if they could use my personal details in case they need to follow this case up. So if everyone makes complaints hopefully they will do something.