• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds default refusing to remove please help

themadcap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OCT 2009

Just wondering, I have a CCJ with easymoney lloyds which im in the process of having removed (they agree with me 2 and refunded all court costs) but i also have a default seperatley for this whic h was updated march 2007 and says balance £3470 the balance is now £61 and is finished this month, can i get this default removed as they are clearly showing a bad credit record and that for the past 2 years i havent made payment as this is obviously untrue and have therefore clearly missused my inforation and misrepressented me unfavourably.

Also i have a default from 2005 from vodafone ex singlepoint, as i only ever had a contract agreement with singlepoint i have never agreed that vodafone could use my info when they bought them out

any help greatly appreciated

15TH OCT 2009

forgetting the vodafone, the point i am making via the loyds default is that they have never updated the default since march 2007 thus suggesting i still owe it £3470 despite actually owing £61 therefore any lender checking my credit record would see this default and consider that i had not bothered to repay it surely part of the criteria for processing your info is to keep it up to date, would it not be slanderous and defamatory to suggest that i was this bad a debtor? as it is obviously not a true reflection on my credit history

thanks

23 NOV 2009

Just checked equifaxlink3.gif and they also state £3470 balance, yet the judgement says settled!!!!!

Would i have a case for slander or defamation as its not been updated since 2006 yet ive paid £125 every month since then and now finished it and it must be reflecting badly on any credit application i make

thanks all

11 MARCH 2010

Here is a copy of the response from Lloyds

IMG00020-20100311-1012 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG00021-20100311-1013 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It appears they are suggesting that they sent the information every month for 3 years but the CRAlink3.gif didnt bother updating, that might be possible but as I have copies from the other 2 CRA's also not updated this would be very unlikely.

Also the account shown as satisfied on 26th Feb 2010 is obviously their reaction to my complaint and not something which had been done automatically.

As for "we have a duty of care to other creitors" does that duty of care not extend to its customers to ensure that the records are upto date?

I do not know whether it is worth trying the foslink3.gif or going straight to court

Any help greatly appreciated

OCT 2009

Just wondering, I have a CCJ with easymoney lloyds which im in the process of having removed (they agree with me 2 and refunded all court costs) but i also have a default seperatley for this whic h was updated march 2007 and says balance £3470 the balance is now £61 and is finished this month, can i get this default removed as they are clearly showing a bad credit record and that for the past 2 years i havent made payment as this is obviously untrue and have therefore clearly missused my inforation and misrepressented me unfavourably.

Also i have a default from 2005 from vodafone ex singlepoint, as i only ever had a contract agreement with singlepoint i have never agreed that vodafone could use my info when they bought them out

any help greatly appreciated

Hi themadcap,

Singlepoint's terms and conditions at the time would've specified they could transfer the agreement to another party.

As such, any action taken by Singlepoint in regard to recording a default against your credit file will have had their name replaced by ours.

In the event that you disagree with the recording of it then you're welcome to get in touch with the Web Relations Team by following our pinned thread Vodafone Webteam-for Customers With Problems and we'll happily take a look at things for you.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks Lee,

Its not really the vodafone part i'm concntrating on but more the business with lloyds.

I will get in touch via your link though as I would like it removed and as I am a vodafone pay monthly customer due a new contract in October hope with a bit of customer support and thanks for loyalty that we can sort this matter out

cheers

It is really that easy as Vodafone can choose or choose not to remove it there's no legal argument that vodafone have to register every default.

But it is 5 years old now and to be honest I have contracts with voda and orange - (cancelled o2 even though they begged!) and can choose who I stay with.

But really this thread isn't about the Vodafone one its the Lloyds one - that no one seems to be answering for me!

Vodafones response was quite laughable really, "I have arranged for the default to be changed to satisfied" it already should have been satisfied as it was repaid in full in June 2005!

I would not bother down this route with Vodafone as it seems a waste of time and would look via the CEO route.

I will be moving my Vodafone number to Orange come my contract renewal in October as I have current contracts with both and had a default from orange in 2006 who were more than happy to oblige and remove.

It is really that easy as Vodafone can choose or choose not to remove it there's no legal argument that vodafone have to register every default.

But it is 5 years old now and to be honest I have contracts with voda and orange - (cancelled o2 even though they begged!) and can choose who I stay with.

But really this thread isn't about the Vodafone one its the Lloyds one - that no one seems to be answering for me!

Hi themadcap,

I'm afraid that we are required to accurately record a customers payment history with us and any negative entries recorded will generally remain in place for six years.

In terms of getting some help with the Lloyds issue I'll flag this to the Site Team to make sure the thread is placed in the most appropriate forum.

Vodafones response was quite laughable really, "I have arranged for the default to be changed to satisfied" it already should have been satisfied as it was repaid in full in June 2005!

I would not bother down this route with Vodafone as it seems a waste of time and would look via the CEO route.

I will be moving my Vodafone number to Orange come my contract renewal in October as I have current contracts with both and had a default from orange in 2006 who were more than happy to oblige and remove.

While I can appreciate your disappointment here I'll double check things with my colleague who replied to you to make sure everything possible has been done and either of us will come back to you later in the week.

Naturally I'm not able to comment on Orange's actions I would say however that unless there's extenuating circumstances which need to be considered it's not generally possible for us to remove a default.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thread moved to Lloyds forum.

Tx Lee

Lex

• Haha 1

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi madcap,

but i also have a default seperatley for this whic h was updated march 2007 and says balance £3470 the balance is now £61 and is finished this month,

Can I take it this was an arrangement you came to with Lloyds to pay off an account you had fallen behind with?? What was the £3470 for, was it a bankloan or Creditcard ?? What was the default issued for.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Lex,

If you go through the thread it will becoe clearer but just a quick catch up.

I had an easymoney card which was sent to court for CCJ in nov 2006 I agreed to the CCJ at the time and the balance was £4120, my arrangement with the court was £125 per month so it finished around dec - jan 09-10.

About a month after the judgement I checked up on this account and realised that it should never have got to court as I had been making the previous payment s as agreed to a company called allied alliance, I contacted Sechiari Clark and Mitchell and they told me I was right and the collector had just been late send the payments, they therefore refunded all the court fees (about £240) and said they would get the judgement removed.

About 2 months later i contacted SCM who said I would have to get the judgement removed myself, which im still getting round to.

When I requested my credit file fron equifax and experian i noticed that it stated the judgement and then seperatley a default from LLOYDS for the card showing DEFAULT BALANCE £3740 CURRENT BALANCE £3740 as i said at this time I had one final payment to make of about £61 so that was the balance then yet Lloyds had CRA file had not been updated since March 2007 so didnt show any payments I had made and my argument is that they showed a bad payment reflection that never existed.

Here are Lloyds letters of response on the matter

IMG00020-20100311-1012 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG00021-20100311-1013 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

thnaks

• 1 month later...

This is not a route I would advise anybody to go down you may as well contact vodas c/servs as these people, its exactly the same outcome.

I got my new HTC Desire on orange and vodafone have lost their £40 per month 18 month contract money for the sake of a 2005 £176 settled default that expires in 10 months, great business acumen!

By the way Lee or a member of his "team" never did come back to me by the end of the week.

Hi themadcap,

I'm afraid that we are required to accurately record a customers payment history with us and any negative entries recorded will generally remain in place for six years.

In terms of getting some help with the Lloyds issue I'll flag this to the Site Team to make sure the thread is placed in the most appropriate forum.

While I can appreciate your disappointment here I'll double check things with my colleague who replied to you to make sure everything possible has been done and either of us will come back to you later in the week.

Naturally I'm not able to comment on Orange's actions I would say however that unless there's extenuating circumstances which need to be considered it's not generally possible for us to remove a default.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 8 months later...

Interesting that 10 months on he still has not "come back as soon as I can" its being dealt with by the directors office as the rest were useless.

Here is a mail if anybody needs it removed

The judgement and default from Lloyds were successfully removed by me so can any mod change the thread to SUCCESS

cheers

Hi themadcap,

I'm sorry about this - not too sure what's happened here but will try to track your details down from when you were in touch with us last month and will come back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Edited by cerberusalert

Hi themadcap,

Having just tracked your details down from when you contacted us last year I can see that I did email you on 25th May confirming our position in regard to your query here.

Whilst I can't explain as to why you haven't received this I note that my colleagues in the Director Support Office are currently looking into this again and will get back to you as soon as they've got an update.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK