Proving I havent lived in my house for the last 2 years!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi People,

Found out today from Angian water that as I havent been living in my house for the last 2 years (trying to sell), I can be re-imbursed all payments I have made since March 2008.

Angian said in order to be re-imbursed, I have to provide a council tax exemption letter (which I have, covering Sept 2008 - March 2009).

The thing is, the council only provide exemption for 6 months max.

How can I prove I havent been living there for 2 years? A 6 months exemption surely wont be enough proof and surely Anglian must know this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

S

I still pay council tax for my house Im trying to sell. I dont live there - I live at my girlfriends in another town.

My problem is proving to Anglian Water I was not living in my house for 2 years when I only have proof for 6 months (by means of council tax exemption)

The reason I only have 6 months council exemption is because the council dont let you off for any longer then that.

thanks

S

The only thing I have is Car insurance which I changed when I moved out of my house. Oh and I also have the sales agreement with the Estate agents made back in March 2008 - possibly as proof that I arent lying.

I wish they hadnt mentioned about the chance to be re-inbursed as its looking unlikey that I can prove the property has been unococcupied for the last 2 years and that means I will be waving bye bye to about £800 :-(

s

If you have car car insurance at that address is you log book registered at the same?

If so then is the change of address date on it.

Did you change your address on your driving license?

DVLA would be able to provide dates

Log book and insurance was changed to present address when I moved out of my house, but not driving license.

All these things help!

Cheers

s