• Tweets

• I hope you mean I try to help people stand up to bullying - and not do the bullying!   I'll assume it's a compliment!     Well - that sort of demonstrates that you've not understood my point and (perhaps?) haven't actually read the OP?   My point is that it is not the boyfriend (the supposed "owner" of the car park) who is posting, but his girlfriend who believes that he "owns" his car parking space.  Yes - it usually makes sense to believe that what the OP is posting is the truth, but in this case there is every reason to believe that there is a possibility that the OP might be mistaken about her boyfriend's ownership of the parking space, because...  well, how would she know for sure whether he does or not?  He might be boasting or lying or simply mistaken.  (My understanding is that many people who "own" flats are often under the mistaken apprehension that they "own" a parking space when they don't.  All the more reason then that somebody else other than the "owner" might be even more mistaken).   I suppose what I'm getting at is that I was a bit surprised that both you and dx100uk were able to give such definite and certain answers to the OP without exploring her situation a bit more fully and ensuring that she fully and correctly understood her boyfriend's rights in respect of the parking space in question.  I was simply concerned that without getting more information from the OP, then the replies given to her might prove to be less than useful.  I wouldn't want her to leave thinking that there was absolutely nothing to worry about and then find out there was because she'd been misadvised because she didn't understand whether her BF "owned" the space or not.   Of course, it may be that my concern here makes absolutely no difference to the answer that needs to be given to the OP because it doesn't matter whether her boyfriend actually "owns" the parking space or not, which is fine.  But sometimes I think it would be helpful to the OP (and other readers like myself) if some of these legal niceties could be spelled out rather than left unexplained.    
    • I've spoken to my son in law and because the gearbox can be very expensive to repair, he would prefer to reject the car.   The garage isn't going to charge storage at the moment.   I feel they have been mislead regarding the service history.   How difficult would it be to get the finance company on our side in rejecting the car and sending back to the dealer?
    • The first thing to say is that you better go ahead and refund the buyer because otherwise she will end up getting negative feedback as well. We will try and help you get your money back from Hermes. Have you made a formal claim through Hermes and have they formally declined you and giving you reasons why? Presumably the item was properly declared and properly valued when the delivery was booked. You don't say whether or not you took out their so-called insurance. Please start off by reading around the sub- forum focusing particularly on the Hermes threats. There are lots of them. Get to understand the principles in respect of the arguments – the insurance element, your third party rights despite the fact that you booked it through Packlink. Have a look at other people's experiences of having sued Hermes, the process of issuing the claim, the defence, the mediation and have a close look at the advice that we give about how to handle mediation. It's highly likely that you will have to issue claim papers so also read around to understand the steps you need to take to bring a small claim in the County Court. It's straightforward but understanding the steps will make you far more confident about what you are doing. Have you started a formal complaint against Hermes and Packlink?
    • Christmas Wonderland has been allowed to reopen because it sells real Christmas trees. View the full article
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2540 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was making payments through cccs until 2 years ago. The ccs divided my payments into two amounts. one was supposed to be to my current account to pay off my overdraft and one to pay into the loan account. However between them they managed to cock it up. Both payments were made into my current account. This means that I haven't made a payment into my loan account since 2004. My current account at one time was £4,500 in credit but this eventually disappeared into a Router account. I found all this out when I looked at the information sent as a result of the DSAR. At the same time they wrote to me saying that they didn't have a copy of my loan agreement. If I wanted to be really cheeky I could write to them and demand the £4,500 back I think. I'm still pondering my next move but there's no rush since they aren't bothering me any more and the more time that passes the less of a case they have.

Edited by Billywhiz
missed out some info
  • 1 year later...

I have not heard from rbs since they sent me their response to my data request last year. Credit report due to be cleared in May next year. I think I've WON and by Xmas I will be debt free! If you keep challenging them they do back down eventually. Never give up if you know they have been using shady tactics to steal your money. It's taken six years but I've now paid back what I owed and not paid the money they tried to swindle through PPI mis-selling

• 1 month later...

looks like we have a troll

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

probably someone who is a footsodier a little underling who sqirms like mr muscle and could mess his pants at anytime huh ,that is a troll or bankclerk lol

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

• 8 months later...

I won! I checked my credit reports today and all mention of rbs has gone. My relationship with them is finally at an end and my credit rating is now good. Champagne tonight I think.

Hi Billy

I'd like to rejoice with you, but are you sure you've 'won'? I note you say it's taken six years...isn't that the statutory time limit by which ANY closed credit account has to be removed from your credit file anyway? Whether defaulted or not, CCJ or not?

In other words, are you sure this hasn't simply fallen off your file after 6 years? Or was it removed by the lender before the normal statutory time due because of your actions?

Rgds

BTM

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

won only in the sense that I didn't pay the huge amount of money they claimed I owed them. Yes it did drop off eventually even though they were continuing to claim I owed them £6,000+. I am now debt free and that's a win as far as I'm concerned

Good on yer!

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

They probably want the matter put to bed with all the fiddling they've been up to.

Shareholders advisory group PIRC estimate RBS are masking £18 billion of undeclared losses by including fictitional assets and fictitional profits.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• 1 year later...

I have today received a cheque for £121.00 and an apology. It's a refund of two instalments of loanguard overdraft insurance plus 10 years compound interest. It came from Customer Concerns, 5th Floor, 1 Hardman Boulevard, Manchester. M3 3AQ. Turns out it was they who owed me money and it was only with the prodding of the Financial Conduct Authority that they gave it back. I wonder, could I claim back the 3 PPI policies they sold me 10 years ago or is it too late or is someone trawling through all the insurance policies they sold?