Small Claim won - Lloyds TSB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've posted this in the Lloyds TSB forum but thought it might be useful here because the claim was raised in Scotland

I raised a small claim against Lloyds TSB in the Scottish Courts. I have around £1500 of charges but split the claim so that I could keep within the small claims track. Lloyds solicitors denied the claim and a court date was set. At this point, I panicked! However, 5 days before I was due in court, I had a call from Lloyds Sols. They had sent me a letter the previous week (which hadn't reached me), offering a full settlement because they were concerned that I would end up paying court costs. Bless! The confirmation letter came from Michael Thomas from their Credit Operations Legal & Support Dept in Brighton.

In it, they asked me to make contact with my branch for an account review & also to return my card. No need for that as they already have my cards & cheque book and my account is frozen. I'm currently receiving advice from the Consumer Credit Counselling Service and am on a payment arrangement to pay back £5k debt to TSB. They had already agreed to freeze interest & charges before I raised the court action. I noticed that a few people on this site have been in the same position & didn't want to rock the boat in case the banks pulled their repayment plans. I figured I had nothing to lose so went for it becuase I asked for help at my local branch and they didn't do ANYTHING. They refused point blank to refund the charges when I first started getting into difficulty. I've had £750 credited to my account which has reduced the debt a bit.

Unfortunately I'm not able to contribute financially to this site yet but am grateful for the help & support and am more than happy to help anyone in a similar posiiton.

Congratulations

Might be worth your while to contact them by phone and ask for the rest of your money

as were concerned that I would end up paying court costs
an your loss of interest on that money

If you are with Consumer Credit Counselling Service I would suggest that you ask for payment to be made by cheque to enable you to fairly distribute the money rec'd between all your creditor on a pro rata basis.One of the things about payment palns is that all creditors be treated equally

Charlie

Nationwide Total settlement for first claim £810.92 (Charges £570.00) total charges £2579.00 (Another 4 claims to make)

Tesco personal Finance -NO penalty charges see post end thread

Egg DPA complaint sent to ICO see thread

Egg also trying to get defaults removed

Abbey National/MBNA credit Card - Eventually settled in FULL:)

Citibank Preliminary sent 19/08/06

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

Mrs CharlieHo v Providian DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW

Advice & opinions of CharlieHo are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Congratulations Givi

Well done on getting that first lot back - moving on to the second claim i guess now.

Claimi

Lloyds TSB £395 Decree awarded against TSB

HBOS £750 setted in full

IF £750 Small Claim filed 26/10 - won unconditionally

Barclaycard £110 + Data Protection Act Non compliance Information Commissioners Office complaint. Small Claim filed 12/10 - Won unconditionally

HBOS2 £750 small claim settled in full

MSDW £115 Settled- accepted Full amount unconditionally

HBOS3 £750 Settled in full

HBOS4 £750 Small claim filed for return 15/1/07 No defence filed Decree issued by court

Clydesdale Bank Credit Card £496 small Claim filed 25/10 Court hearing 19/1/07 - continued for 2 weeks

Mrs Claimital's M&S Card £60 LBA sent 12.10 - Full refund & interest accepted by Mrs Claimitall