• Tweets

• Latest (available) government testing figures for 10-september-to-16-september (10 days ago)   587,173 people were newly tested, consistent with the previous week but an increase of 30% compared to the end of August.   *** Which works out to UNDER 84,000 people a day being tested that appears to be collapsing Handcock, Dido and Sercos Trace-a-test - just 30% from only around 65,000 People tested a day at the end of August   .. for a claimed 240,000-300,000 'capacity which has and is collapsing when even a 3x increase in people being tested should be within the long and still claimed 'capacity   Given the lack of newer figures - they cant be anything to shout about eh?   So my prior estimates of around 60,000 climbing more recently to 75,000 were over estimates; but right in the ball park; and only exceeded in the last two weeks or so.   Info buried under multiple links https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-test-and-trace-england-and-coronavirus-testing-uk-statistics-10-september-to-16-september-2020/weekly-statistics-for-nhs-test-and-trace-england-and-coronavirus-testing-uk-10-september-to-16-september
    • cross posted see my post above..   oh so it's now paid off.... what does the debt summary line say...settled (forget the calendar marker section no-one bar you and the owner can see that.)
    • Yes that’s my point but they keep dismissing it saying the opposite so I don’t know how to argue back. My argument is they did and still are giving me false advice which I took and in turn put me in a worse financial situation.   I have the CCA for this and all DSAR info. This debt is now paid in full
    • from your other thread..   there is no remit in the ICO guidelines that states 3-6mts anymore, that went out the window under the revised guideline which i think happened in 2014    didn't know you were raising a complain, would have advised not too but ask nicely. then if not, the above is the way to go.   as for AP markers not being as damaging as a default, poss for the immediate short terms credit score/worthiness that might well be, but as you point too and is explained in your other thread, that AP status can remain showing on the summary of a debt for upto 12yrs even when the debt is settled , IMHO that's far more damaging in the longterm that a default that cause the whole account to vanish on it's 6th birthday.   dx  
    • It probably won't be necessary but on the other hand, no harm done. You could send him notice that you are challenging the points in his advertisement. This the mount point by point and tell him that you are having these points independently assessed and that you will be proposing to recover the costs of an assessment from him in the event that he attempts to dispute any of it. I think if you lay down a paper trail and show that you have behaved transparently and warned him of any costs, that you will probably be awarded them. Once again, whether you can enforce it – is another matter.
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3679 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have just spoken to Ross and Roberts direct and they refuse to discuss arrangements. All arrangements have to be discussed with the Bailiff direct.

Myehhhhh I'm going round in circles here, time for a walk round the park I think otherwise I can see myself actually imploding!

The car is paid in full and in my name.

I keep lurching from 'I'm going to fight this' to 'I just want to get this paid'. Its so exhausting, at the moment I just want the damn thing gone, its doing me in.

I can sympathise entirely. On a couple of occasions (in the first couple of weeks) I nearly gave in and made an arrangment with the Bailiffs, this is what they hope you will do.

The difficulty is that if you agree to an arrangement that you can't afford then the chances are you will default on the agreement, they will then call on you again and add a load more charges :mad:

Have just spoken to Ross and Roberts direct and they refuse to discuss arrangements. All arrangements have to be discussed with the Bailiff direct.

Myehhhhh I'm going round in circles here, time for a walk round the park I think otherwise I can see myself actually imploding!

It is better only to communicate with them in writing - email or letter. Only use the phone if you can record the call as they have been known to lie. Sounds as if they are being deliberately obstructive.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just spoke to CCCS to get myself sorted who were very helpful about all manner of stuff except this debt.

They advised exactly the same as here. Dont let the bailiff in and hide your car, eventually they'll refer the debt back to the council.

This is great but I still have no idea where to put my car :)

Morning all. I'm in a feisty mood this morning and I'm going to write to my local councillor about my situation. I could use some help with this if anyone wouldn't mind being helping.

This morning I rang the council again to ask if they've contacted Ross and Roberts to advise that I make lower payments as I'm on Job seekers allowance. The woman I spoke to said she had spoken to R&R and had recommeded that I pay £20 a month. She said to speak to R&R and set up an arrangement.

I rang R&R and as always they were nothing short of difficult. The woman I spoke to said it was the Bailiffs decision if he accepts £20 per month and I had to liaise with him. I explained that I'd spoken to the council and they said to call R&R and set up the arrangement. She said that as paperwork needed signing I had to do it through the bailiff and he would have to come to my home so I could sign the paperwork.

I then asked about fees and that I wasnt at all happy that charges would be incurred for entering into an arrangement. I said that it was moving debt which is completely unfair. The woman at R&R said that they were lawful charges and they had to paid upfront.

So another day and still no nearer to getting this sorted, like I say I would really appreciate any help with a stronly worded letter which states that I want to repay the arrears but I'm on JSA and the bailiffs, R&R and the district council in my opinion are not playing fair.

It appears the council are ok with me paying £20 per month but R&R and the bailiff are being uneccessarily difficult.

Edited by Silverado 2011

Don't speak to them, write to them.

R&R are the councils contractors, not Mr Sadsack the self employed bailiff.

State: Dear R&R........ ....having spoke to your CLIENT, ( Ms Sturmfuher, of Nuremberg District Council) who agreed to authorize a payment plan of £20 per month commencing on...

Ask if they have an automated / manual telephone payment system. That way you can pay by card and get a receipt number. If you sen a cheque, you can't trust them not to bank it late, then say "the funds weren't cleared into our bank on time" and start harassing you again.

• Haha 1

Thanks Green, yeah you did say yesterday not to bother with the phonecalls. You're absolutely right of course, I'll be sending a letter to Ross and Roberts today stating that Mrs Soandso and the council has recommended paying £20 a week. They do have an automated payment system.

Thanks for the reply as well :) I've spent two days almost making myself ill with worry and todays the day I start the positive action.

Just about to send this, I hope its ok. I'll hold off sending it for a while incase there's something I omitted or included that should've been omitted :)

I write with reference to the above account with an outstanding balance of £xxx.xx I have spoken to your client xxxx Council, specifically ‘xxxxx’ in the Debt Recovery Office who has agreed to authorise a payment plan of £20 per month. The first payment will be made on the xx of April and then the xx of each month thereafter.

Please confirm in writing that this account is no longer in the hands of the Bailiffs and no further charges will be added to the account. Payments will be made directly to Ross and Roberts by the automated payment system.

Edited by Silverado 2011

I'd suggest you put:

"Please confirm in writing that this account will not be subject to further enforcement action for the duration of this arrangement"

Instead of "no longer in the hands of the Bailiffs and no further charges will be added to the account" , because the account will remain with the bailiffs

Don't bother mentioning charges, they have charged the maximum allowable for this account unless they succeed in levying on your goods / car.

To their credit (can't believe I'm saying this) R&R seem to have charged you correctly - so far.

Template Letter to Request Account be Referred Back to Council

With thanks to Tomtubby

NOTE: This letter can be adapted to suit your own circumstances and could be used to advise the company that you are in receipt of income support or income based jobseekers allowance and that you wish for your arrears of Council Tax to be deducted at source from your benefits and requesting that the account is returned back to the local authority. You should provide a photocopy if possible, of either your benefit book or confirmation of your entitlement from the benefits agency.

To: Bailiff Company

Date:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Account reference.

I refer to your letter dated
(enter date)
informing me that your company have been instructed by
(enter local authority)
to enforce a warrant/liability order etc against me, in respect of arrears of council tax.

In your letter you state that you will be visiting/returning to my home to
(seize/auction etc my goods.)
unless full payment of
(enter amount)
is made by return.

The purpose of this letter is to advise your company that I am in receipt of
(income support/jobseekers allowance)
and am enclosing as proof, a copy of
(payment book/letter from benefits agency.)

WHAT is the position is someone is (a) receiving pension credit or (b) the old-age pension?

WHAT is the position is someone is (a) receiving pension credit or (b) the old-age pension?

To: Bailiff Company

Date:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Account reference.

I refer to your letter dated (enter date) informing me that your company have been instructed by (enter local authority) to enforce a warrant/liability order etc against me, in respect of arrears of council tax.

In your letter you state that you will be visiting/returning to my home to (seize/auction etc my goods.) unless full payment of (enter amount) is made by return.

The purpose of this letter is to advise your company that I am in receipt of Pension Credit, proof of which is enclosed.

I am informed that deductions can be made directly from my benefits to pay my arrears of council tax. This is provided for in the State Pension Credit (Consequential, Transitional and Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations of 2002.

For this reason, I would like to request that this account be referred back to (local authority) so that the relevant forms can be completed.

I am also aware that once deductions are in place all enforcement action must cease.

As I have now made you aware of (my/our) circumstances and provided proof, if your company continues with enforcement action, I will consider making a formal complaint about the bailiff’s conduct to the County Court.

Could you please confirm safe receipt of this letter, which is also being copied to (enter name of local authority).

Yours Faithfully.

Again thanks to Tomtubby.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Just a quick update on this.

Received a letter on Friday from the Council stating that unless council tax arrears were paid in full within 14 days then the council would seek to enforce the liability order to secure payment in full.

I gave them a call to see what was what and I spoke to a very helpful lady who said that the outstanding balances were no longer with the bailiffs as they'd not been able to obtain any monies from me. The debt has now been handed back to the council and the fees that had put on by Ross and Roberts are no longer payable.

I am now back in full time work and was able to sort out a repayment plan with the Council to clear the amounts by March. I'm very relieved and happy that I'll no longer have to hide my car and avoid the front door and telephone.

TOP RESULT.

HURRAYYYYY

The moral of the story seems to be...

ignore the bailiffs (as much as you can), dont let them in, dont communicate with them AT ALL, dont stress yourself out by opening any of their mail, eventually they'll tire (they tire quicker if you dont have anything to do with them), the debt will end up back with the creditor, you will be able to commence reasonable payments, eventually you will be free of the debt.

I love happy endings :rolleyes:

hb