Letter from Connaught re my credit rating & BC debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks.

Letter from Connaught today. Apparently, they have been monitoring my credit history & have received notification which suggests my finanial position has improved! The grubby monsters think I might be able to clear my account, or increase my payments!

I will say that in the past 6 months or so, a couple of my smaller debts have been cleared & also a credit card I have, purely for convenience, (the balance is always paid immediately), has had it's limit increased, although I have called & cancelled said increase.

They suggest I contact them to discuss my financial situation, to avoid them carrying out further investigations into my credit file & to avoid further action.

Whats your advice? I intend to ignore them & carry on my payments as usual.

All thoughts appreciated.

Have they produced a viable CCA in relation to th debt they claim?

Write to them and tell them you are going to have to reduce your payments as the cost of living is rising faster than your income.

Thanks Count, I doubt they could provide a CCA as it's a very old Barclaycard from the mid/late 90s, last used in the early 2000s. I am happy to pay though, as I want to clear my debts. They're not getting any more though!

in which case you are in a very strong position. They start getting a little nasty with them, you threaten them with a CCA request, they either back off or you stop paying until they provide it. I know most DCA's are stupid however a little of something is far better than a lot of nothing.