Excel Parking Charge in Chorlton (Manchester)... Help?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've recently been issued a fine off excel.

I drove through their car park in Chorlton Manchester on 2 seperate occasions on the same day.

The event took place like this...

Drove into entrance "A" and out of entrance "B" within a minute. And then around 20 mins later drove back through entrance "B" and out of entrance "A". I was on the car park for less than a minute both times and now they have sent me their pictures of just the entrance "A" camera saying that i was on the car park for 20 mins and that i owe them £60?!?!?

I wrote to them explaining the situation and they just said they had gone back over their camera footage and could confirm that i was on the car park for 20 mins. I said that it was not true and told them to please send me the video footage of both entrances so i could point out my car entering and leaving the car park as i stated. They said that the cameras are only capable of taking still images and just send me bigger prints of the images!?! They then asked for documentation displaying proof that the car was not on their car park for 20 mins. I responded saying "what kind of proof do you think someone in my situation could have" i also stated that i had a witness.

They have said they will no longer accept any more appeals and that i must pay the fine.

What should i do? Should i just ignore the further letters? Should i pay the fine? Should i send them any further correspondence?

The bottom line is that what they are accusing me of is simply not true!

Please help.

Thank you

Clifftw

P.s. there are no barriers at either entrance so it's very easy to just drive through.

First of all it is not a fine, Private Parking companies have no legal power at all to fine you.

What you will have will be a piece of paper dressed up to look like its official well here is a shock, its an invoice that this company want you to pay.

Advice is;

Do not contact them at all.

Do not pay this invoice

Do not worry.

As you have found there is no appeals proceedure.

Just have read of other posts regarding PPC's and you will see that ingnoring them is the best way forward.

What if they summon me to court? The car's registered in my dad's name so they go to his address. (which is fine but i don't want bailiffs going round his house)

Should i just not respond to their last letter?

Kind regards

Clifftw

What if they summon me to court? The car's registered in my dad's name so they go to his address. (which is fine but i don't want bailiffs going round his house)

Should i just not respond to their last letter?

Kind regards

Clifftw

The [problem] relies on victims not knowing the difference between a bailiff and a debt collector. Have a good read about private parking on this forum, you will learn a lot. DO NOT respond to their letters, it only encourages them to pester you more and they take longer to go away.

Thanks for your help. I shall ignore further correspondence.

The bottom line is that i didn't do what they are claiming.

Its like me taking a picture of the postman opening my gate on Monday morning and closing my gate on Tuesday morning and then sending him an invoice for staying the night on my land.

:rolleyes:

Its like me taking a picture of the postman opening my gate on Monday morning and closing my gate on Tuesday morning and then sending him an invoice for staying the night on my land.

:rolleyes:

You've got it, thats exactly what they do. There is a car park near where I live operated in the same way by another well known bunch of fraudsters, every time I go past I drive in and out just to see if I can trigger an invoice.

The person that owns Excel also owns the ANPR comany that Excel uses. The ANPR company that gets it wrong so many times for double visits. Probably just by co-incidence as if it was done knowingly it could be criminal.

The bottom line is that i didn't do what they are claiming.

Doesn't matter if you DID do what they are claiming because the charge is completely unenforceable.

What if they summon me to court? The car's registered in my dad's name so they go to his address.

Which makes it even safer for you to ignore it! They will write to your dad, and when all their letters have been ignored, "if" (big if) they were daft enough to go to court then your dad would simply point out he was not driving anyway. :)