style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

In 2004 I owed money to Capital One who had Harper Macleod chase the debt. I was issued with a CCJ . I offered to pay them £50 a month and it never went to court. Harper Macleod then passed to debt to Buchanan , Clark & Wells .

I actually thought I had paid the debt off (bad memory:() but recently I checked my credit file and the debt is still unsatisfied.

I called Buchanan, Clark & Wells today and have agreed to pay this debt off over the next 9 months (they initially pretty much demanded I pay it all off today).

My questions are , should this CCJ still stand even though it never went to court and Harper Macleod passed the debt on? Does it remain unsatisfied until I pay it off?

Thanks.

a ccj can only be applied if it did indeed go to court so if they say it hadnlt and you have a ccj on your credit file then they told you porkies.

call the issuing court and confirm if and when it was granted and what address they sent the paperwork too and let us know

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)