• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Urgent Help Required

devlin1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I would be really grateful for some urgent advice please??

I had a suspended possession order granted against me, from Mortgages 1 Plc, on 24th July 2008.

I became pregnant in May 2009 and had severe problems with my (unborn) baby that resulted in me having to have several operations on him whilst pregnant. Unfortunatly duringthis time, I was unable to work and my arrears increased on my mortgage.

I know it was a stupid thing to do and I buried my head in the sand, but I was so worried about my baby and we thought we were going to lose him every day. I know this sound stupid to some, but we had been trying for a baby for 8 years, with no sucess and very little help from the NHS, due to the fact I have a child from a previous relationship, IVF was out for us. So you can possibly empathise how precious this baby is.

He is now 6 weeks old and I have recieved notification from the mortgage company and their solicitors that they are applying for an eviction date to be set.

I have just returned to my job full time and can make the monthly payments plus money towards the arrears.

I have spoken to the mortgage company and they have said that because I broke the original terms agreed, I would have to clear the arrears that have built up since the original order, so I would have to pay £6398.99, before they would consider cancelling the eviction and going back to the original terms.

I can pay them £1200 tomorrow towards this, but I cant pay the full amount off in one go!

I would love to get everything back on track and just pay my mortgage.

I have had an unbelievable stressful 12 months and although I have my wonderful baby boy, I don't know how I can muster any fight.

Any help would really be appreciated!!

Thank you

Hi Devlin -- I've tears in my eyes reading your thread - so delighted to hear that you've your wonderful little boy. Many congratulations.

You will get some fantastic help and advice on how to deal with this situation from members of the site and Ell-enn in particular (she is just fantastic and has helped out many many people on this site who have been in similar or worse situations.)

Ell-enn will hopefully be along soon to offer further advice.

Stay strong - there's lots you can do to safeguard your home and you'll get lots of support and encouragement along the way. xx

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thank you for your kind words, I had tears whilst writing it, it brought back so many emotions that we went through to have our son.I just hope that the situaution isn't helpless.I love my home and desperately want to keep it. I have checked and I dont believe that we are eligable for the government mortgage schemes and I dont want to sell them our property. We also dont have 25% equity in the property.I have been inundated with loan companies phoning me today as I initially looked at taking out a loan to payoff all the debt, but what with the arrears, I have adverse credit. It would also take too long to come through, if I was eligable for the amount.I have had so many companies try and charge me an upfront brokers fee, I would rather just pay the charges to the mortgage company directly. Like I said, I have offered to pay them £1200 tomorrow, but I dont know where to find the other balance from and whether it would make a bit of difference.

Hi Devlin - the arrears don't include charges do they?? I take it that they will have probably charged you for the privilege of being in arrears :mad:

Don't think about borrowing more to pay off the arrears - that may make things worse in the long run and will be an additional repayment on the Income and Expenditure sheet.

If you can make the payment tomorrow then that would look good and show commitment.

When/if they go ahead with the eviction request, you will get notification of this hand delivered. You will need to defend that with a form N244. You'll need to have figures to hand, ie balance outstanding, amount of arrears, amount you can pay towards arrears, how long is left on the mortgage, etc. Also, you'll need to do an income and expenditure sheet to go with it. You could make a start by getting some of that information together so that if/when it's needed then you have it to hand and can get started on your defence. You can also do a personal statement, in which you can list the problems you have had which led to the further arrears.

Stay strong, keep your chin up, get into "fighting" mode and more than anything - look after yourself and your little one:)

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thanks again for your support!I have already done an income / expenditure form from the direct gov website and am willing to pay an additional £250 towards the arrears. My original agreement was for £100.I've had to complete the n244 form once before but am hoping that someone could help me complete this?Im not very good at writing statements, so any help is appreciated!!Its my own stupid fault, but my priorities changed. I just want it to be ok again!

Hi Devlin, sorry to hear you are in this situation, but lets see what we can do to help.

Make the payment tomorrow and then write a letter to the mortgage company (copy their solicitors) telling them your situation and detailing your offer of payment - if you need help with the letter I will happily draft one for you. this will also help your case if they do apply for an eviction warrant.

You will need to send a budget sheet with the letter showing how you are now able to make payments going forward so I have affixed one to this post. When filling it in remember that the amount you are offering to pay towards the arrears each month (in addition to the normal monthly payment), is the amount left over after everything else has been paid, but don't offer more than you can reasonably afford in case of any unexpected expenses or bills later in the year.

If they do issue an eviction warrant, we can defend by filling in an N244 to apply for a hearing to stop the eviction - I can help you with that and given that you are now back at work you should have no trouble getting it stopped.

How much is your normal monthly payment? Also do you have a recent statement showing arrears and if there are any charges on the account?

Try not to worry too much - I'm sure we can sort this out :)

Ell-enn

Budget Sheet.xls

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn,First of all thank you!!The mortgage company have informed me that they have already applied for an eviction warrent on 8th March, but I have not recieved anything through yet. They said that this can take a couple of weeks?I will print off the budget sheet and sent to them and their solicitors tomorrow. Do ou suggest recorded delivery?I will also make the payment tomorrow, of £1200.My normal monthly payment is now £504.92 at the current interest rate. This does not include any money towards the arrears and the previous suspended possession order was for £100 on top of the monthly payment. I am willing to pay £250 and this is do-able.The mortgage company charge me £54 per month which they have charged since I originally went in to arrears and they call this the 'Monthly Arrears Fee'. I am deeply concerned that they will grant the eviction because I haven't kept up to the terms of the agreement and they have already told me that I have failed to do this before, and they asked why should they do this now?If you could write the explination letter for me, I would really appreciate it! Sometimes I can say too much and not the things they 'need' to hear, so an outside perspective would be great!!I don't know what I'd do without the help of you and this great site!!

Hi there, I'll draft a letter for you and post in a few minutes. Wait until you have made the payment tomorrow before you send it and then you can enclose proof of the payment - how will you pay? over the phone or via the bank? If you are on internet banking you can print off a statement straight away showing the payment.

Are you absolutely sure you can afford £250 on top of the normal monthly payment? it seems a lot - you need to think about unexpected car or household repair bills. Don't offer what you think they want to hear - offer what you can really afford. If you think £175 or £200 would be better then that's what you should offer.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

To tell you the truth, I am happy to pay the £250, as I want to clear the arrears. I will be tough, but I just want to get back on the straight and narrow - if that makes sense?With the £54 they levy against the arrears, I am only making an inroad of £196 against the actual arrears. As they stand at nearly £11,000 in total, thats a lot of payments to make. I also want to make additional payments if I am financially able, through the new bonus scheme at work. It may only be and additional £50 per month, but any little bit will help.We fought for so long to have (an keep) my baby, I cant lose the home we have for him now.

The £54.00 charges should be added to the outstanding mortgage not to the arrears! and we need to tackle that when we have sorted out this situation. If they do issue an eviction warrant we will report to the court that they are adding charges to the arrears.

Does that £11k arrears figure include the charges?

Letter affixed, send by recorded delivery (make sure yo have the correct address and department). Keep a copy of the letter and budget sheet and also the postal receipt. Check on the royalmail website a few days after posting to print of the signature receipt. Staple that to your copy of the letter and keep in a safe place.

Also, send a copy of the letter and budget sheet to the solicitors with a covering letter as follows:

Dear Sirs,

RE: Mortgage Account noxxxxxxxxxxxx (name of lender).

For your information, affixed is a copy of letter sent to (name of lender) on 16th March.

Yours faithfully,

XXX & XXXX

Send this also by recorded delivery, keep copy, postal receipt etc.

Ell

It is really difficult to tell, but I think they are being added to the outstanding mortgage, not the arrears. Their statements are really difficult to desipher!! But I don't think they are, just adding them to the outstanding mortgage balance.Given how much more arrears I have accrued since the original possession order, they have been very good. It is me that has gone back on my promise and has failed to maintain both contact and regular payments.Although I want to fight the eviction 100%, I cannot equate this company to many of the unfortunate stories I have read on here.It may be my home and I want to keep it, I understand it is my own stupidity that has resulted in this action taking place.I just want one last opportunity to set things right and maintain the agreements.

Ooops, sorry - it didn't attach - should be there now :)

Is this the same mortgage company as your case in 2008/9? I have just been reading your previous thread and it was about Preferred?

Devlin letter.doc

OK, understand. So you've got your own home and partner - is the mortgage in joint names?

Yes that's fine. Just thinking ahead in case we need to do a N244. Let us know when you have made the payment tomorrow and got proof of payment.

Hi Ell-enn,

Just to keep you updated. I made the payment of £1200 on Tuesday and explained that I was sending them and their solicitors a letter with my income / expenditure form. I also explained that I was asking for the eviction to be cancelled.

I spoke to a very nice lady there, but she said they couldn't do anything until the date of eviction had come through. She took the payment of £1200, said she would put notes on the system and gave me the authorisation code for the payment. She said to call them as soon as I recieved the eviction notice through.

The eviction notice has just come through for 31st March!!

I spoke to them again and spoke to a different woman. She said that they cannot agree to my terms yet, as an agreement had been broken before, but they would pass it 'higher up the line' as a priority case. She also said that they would (hopefully) phone me on monday to let me know what they have decided.

I explained that I would have to apply for the N244 to have a hearing and she has asked me to delay this until Tuesday, to allow them to come back to me. Otherwise this would cause me an additional expense that I may not need to pay.

I am really confused now! Do I still do the N244 on Monday? Does this sound hopeful or does this sound like a delaying tactic by them. I am really worried now as it is less than 2 weeks away, with 2 weekend in between where the courts are closed.

Please help / advise, as I am really panicing.

Thank you!

Hi there, no harm in waiting until Tuesday - even if you put your N244 in on Wednesday you would still get a hearing well before the eviction date and I'm confident the eviction would be suspended.

Sounds to me like they might accept your proposal - fingers crossed :)

Thanks Ell-enn.

Why do these things always happen late on Friday, when you have the whole weekend to worry about these things??

We've been through too much to lose our home now and there is no way we can find alternative accommodation in 10 days! Not that I'd want to!

I'll phone them on Monday, to see if they have come back with something and keep you informed.

I sent the letters recorded delivery, but I have not been able to get the delivery info from royal mail yet, as they state minimum 48 hours. I did speak to someone on their helpline and they said that it can take slightly longer, as they were both going to PO Box addresses, but I do have the proof of postage for the letters.

Thank you for your confidence, I hope it's does work out ok and I can post something positive on Monday.

Hi,

I've been up and down all night worrying about this eviction. I'm so scared! It has been our own fault for not keeping to the agreements, I appreciate that, but I need a second chance.

My baby boy is so precious to me, I cant lose me home now! Its the small things that set you off in the small hours... My husband hand painted Disney figures all over the nursery walls as a surprise for me when I came out of hospital (for what seems like the millionth time), how can I leave that room??

My 10 year old son is in his last year of junior school and is going his S.A.T.'s. He's been offered a spot in a brilliant school outside our catchment area, dependant on him achieving the same level of results as his 'mocks'. My ex has been looking for an excuse to fight for custody for him for years, could this be the final nail in the coffin, could I lose my home and my eldest son???

I have been through every repossession / eviction story on here, last night, and I'm so grateful to have the help of Ell-enn. I just want everything back on the straight and narrow! Sorry for my rant, the frustration of not being able to do anything at the weekend is getting to me and all I feel is fear.

Hi. I've been looking at all the past posts on here. Has anyone got any information on Mortgage Interest Relief and how I go about applying for it, retrospectivly?? I didn't even know it exisited and don't know whether it'll help? I have also met with my local MP this morning who has 'given me her backing' although I don't know if this is any help either (cynically it is election year). I have got a letter from my employer stating my return to full time work, valued employee etc. I have also requested a letter from my helpful GP who can outline the reason for my absense from work and the fact I was hospitalised for 28 weeks of my pregnancy and the risks involved to me / my baby. I know that this is a lot of information, but I don't know what would help and what is just 'fluff'?? I have a meeting this afternoon for a part time job, working from home, which I could put against the arrears repayment. It may only be an extra £50 a month, but I won't know more until I meet her this afternoon. I don't know what else I can do?? Please, any advice for a panic-stricken woman would be appreciated!! I'm up half the night with everything going through my head, I can't even use the excuse that the baby is up, he's good as gold! :-)

Hi, I can understand your frustration and stress but you are doing all the right things. Please try to stay positive until you hear if they are accepting your proposal.

I know you will be wanting to do something right now, but I really do think you should wait until Tuesday. If they don't accept then you can enter the N244 straight away - you will get a hearing within a couple of days.

I am confident you will keep your home - you have just made a large payment to the account and can show you are able to make payments going forward - you have a letter from your employer and your GP - all this will go very much in your favour.

Please try to stay calm (I know it is difficult), but I have been involved in helping cases where the situation has been much worse than yours and they have kept their homes. Judges won't grant possession to a lender unless there is no hope of the debtor making payments - you have a good case, just stay strong - you may not need to go to court if they accept your proposal.

Ell