Paid for Car insurance but not insured.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have a insurance policy with KGM motors, through a broker called InsureYourMotor.com. I recently changed my car and asked them(InsureYorMotor) to change my insurance to reflect this car - which was done last month(they took 158£ for this adjustment).

I have the cover note from Insure Your motor . The 27th of last month, I called them and asked how much it would cost to add commuting to the insurance. They said the cost would be the same - I asked them to verify which car I was insured on and the customer service rep quoted my older car's reg number. Anyways, she said later that I was now insured on my current car. I told her not to make any changes to the policy.

I later got the cover note quoting 30 days of insurance , till I get my insurance certificate. I called again to verify that I would get the certificate in 30 days, which is when they again mentioned that I had re-added my old car to my insurance with commuting(when I had clearly told the lady I do not want any changes).

Thing is my new car is not on the Motor Insurance Database(askMID). My old car is on the M ID(I sold the car and the new owner possibly has insurance on it or it could be me who paid for it!!!).

Thing is I am not really sure if I am really insured or not and It is a concern to me that I have paid to be insured, but am possibly not insured.

Any thoughts welcome..

thanks,

George.

Ring your insurers now and ask them which vehicle they have on cover and also what level of cover is afforded under the policy.

If there is anything incorrect then sort it out on the phone, if it is correct then wait for your COI

Mossy