Annyfog v Northern Rock

annyfog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi davey77, I need some advice please. I have 2 loans with Northern Rock which were taken out 2004 & 2005. Whilst reading some of the post on CAG about what is enforceable or not i did some calculations on mine. Both are fixed interest rates for the duration of the loans, however the amount i pay each month does not calculate properly to he interest rate and the total amount payable shown on the agreement does not match up. Would this be unenforceable.

regards

annyfog

Hi Annyfrog

Not quite my area but i'll try and point you in the right direction and give an opinion.

If you are sure everything else is in order re the agreements (prescribed terms/signatures etc) and the problem is with the calculated interest rate then i would say the amount in question is the issue.

If it's a small minor discrepancy (a few pounds more or less) then i doubt a Judge would come down very hard on the creditor for it even if technically the agreement is not in order. (And likewise the creditor won't be too concerned if you push it, or look like you are pushing it towards a court room.)

If on the other hand the amount is considerable in relation to the loan amount (Difference between what the paperwork says and what your actually paying) then at least you have a good bargaining tool to use against the creditor and a situation that creditor would prefer not to be looked at by a Judge. So they will/could be likely to come to a compromise (eventually) to avoid that happening. Depends on how much money we are talking about as to how much the creditor digs their heals in.

You can use a major discrepancy in the agreement as leverage to get a better deal/full & final.. maybe a write off although that last one is tough to get and depends on how confident you are about your stance and what you want to try to achieve as well as the state of the legal issues currently of which i am no expert and i certainly haven't been watching very closely for a few months.

In the first instance i would post up here your agreement (minus personal details) for others more in tune with these specific issues to view and give their opinion on. They might see other potentially helpful flaws to use against the creditor.

In the mean time here are a couple of threads i have found with similar issues you might find useful to read through. Hope that's of some help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/250224-my-welcome-finance-agreement.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/249898-unforceable-credit-agreements.html

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything