Next Default Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After cleaning up my Credit files, and getting DEBT FREE!!!!

I finally working on my last adverse data entry......

Which involves a next catalogue account, which was passed onto Cabot, I never recieved a default notice for this, and Cabot said they didnt have one and requested one of next, and they didnt have one.

Anyway to cut a long story short, after debating legal action, and talking to the CRA's and other places have finally recieved a default notice from next, despite them informing me they only keep a computer note of when a default was issued.......any way below is a copy of the default notice, which they say are within prescribed terms.

My Points are as follows, can this be in prescribed term if you look at the date it is a open date in october 2006, now this could be the 1st of october or the 31st October, now if it is the 31st then with posting etc how can i have 14 days to recitfy the situation assuming that i recieved the said notice in the first place.

What are your thoughts, do i just leave it, or fight it, it will drop off in late 2012, but in the meantime this is the only adverse data that is stopping me from getting a vanquish card, or capital one card.

nextdefaultnotice.th.jpg

Hi,

Some confusion here as that is not a default notice. In my opinion, it is just another threat-o-gram.

The absence of dates make no difference.

Have you SAR'd Next?

If not, I would do so and make sure they send you screenshots of your account history. In there might be the evidence that they didn't default you

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

This came with a letter from the

"GROUP DATA PROTECTION MANAGER | LEGAL DEPARTMENT"

In it they state this is my Default Notice, and that it contains all prescribed terms.."

This is the letter they sent with it:

nextletter.th.jpg

Edited by SmudgeonmyCredit

OH DEAR :D

If the legal department say that is a DN and it's legit, I don't hold out much for them if they tried that on in court

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Just attached the letter they sent with it, they have also given a email address for any queries i may have regarding this matter.

The bill is paid, and up to date, but want to get default removed, cause i know i never recieved one, and this is hampering my ability to get any form of credit.

That letter is misleading, totally and utterly.

I think it is quite important you SAR them as if the screenshots show a DN issued on 22nd October and they maintain that the "DN" that you posted above is compliant then they didn't default you.

I would have a word with consumer direct and get trading standards on to this. I would report them to the OFT although they won't help you and if you haven't started the formal complaints procedure with Next, do so.

Have started formal complaints procedure against Cabot, Next, and also formally disputed data with CRA's

Then letter of complaint went to the CEO of Next who passed this this onto the guy in legal who said that this is my default notice, and as in the letter they have computer generated prove that the default notice was issued in october

I have contacted ICO regarding this, and they are sending complaint forms through post, how precise do i have to be in wording things, as i am not the greatest in explaining myself through written media.

What i dont want to do is waste peoples time, if this is all indeed correct, and everyone like cras cabot and next are saying it is, which s why i have come here to find out e definitive answer before i take it further

My advice would be to look around the forum for default notices and you will see how yours differs from others.

I will have a look too and post you some links.

Have had a look and decided to make a complaint to the ICO, just found that they take complaints online, well via email, and have downloaded the form.

Should i also complain to next and give them chance to recitify the matter, would i be required to do that by the ICO?

Here is one to look at although this one is invalid. what it does do is to show how a compliant DN should look. Doesn't matter that it's from a different company as all DN's have to follow a set script.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/222528-marbles-yet-again-2.html#post2595902

As you will see, it looks nothing like yours

Have had a look and decided to make a complaint to the ICO, just found that they take complaints online, well via email, and have downloaded the form.

Good

Should i also complain to next and give them chance to recitify the matter, would i be required to do that by the ICO?

Yes complain

Highly unlikely they will rectify unless forced so it is in your best interest to complain to Next

I don't know of any specific letters but if you get a LARGE cup of whatever and have a read of this thread. It is very informative and will give you some ideas of what to write>

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/200901-anatomy-default-notice.html

Well, have written a letter to send to Next Legal Department, with a complaint about the default notice and asked for it to be formally investigated again, also filled out the online form for ico, and going to email it to them later, hopefully have explained myself clearly, but will read them again later when i got a clear head, to make sure its all clear and easy to understand.

Help with court/set aside-next cat *** WON STRUCK OUT *** (multipage.gif1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

guzzleguts

Hi SC

Have a look at my thread, next sent me a DN but it was just a threat letter and i had it struck out at court, and they had to pay my costs.

I would of thought that next may have got their act together regarding DN's but obviously not, what Muppet's:D

Regards

GG

Help with court/set aside-next cat *** WON STRUCK OUT *** (multipage.gif1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

guzzleguts

Hi SC

Have a look at my thread, next sent me a DN but it was just a threat letter and i had it struck out at court, and they had to pay my costs.

I would of thought that next may have got their act together regarding DN's but obviously not, what Muppet's:D

Regards

GG

But is that not to do with a CCJ, which i havent got, i just want to remove the default from my credit file

I was only stating my thread to compare poor DN's, not cases.

If you want to get a default removed you have a long hard road ahead, you might want to have a look at PT's (site team) thread on next.

Good luck

GG

Well, Strange one really just recieved call fom Next t say they recieved my email and letter, and that they will be sending a letter out explaining the default notice, so by the sounds of it they are still sdamant the dcument is in fact a legal default notice.

So my next step will be to await the ICO outcome of looking into the matter, and then decide where to go from there.

Have spoken to a solicitor about this who said I should get it overturned, but i know that i couldnt afford to pay for a solicitor to get nvolved, and know almost zero about law and how to go about taking this further, so will be hoping for some better news off the ICO, depending on how ong they take to look and deal with a case

spelling

well reply from next via email as follows:

I have now had the opportunity to review the correspondence relating to your complaint and in particular have reviewed the legal basis on which your debt has been recorded with the credit reference agencies

You believe that we should remove the default recoded against you as we have not been able to provide an exact copy of the Notice of Default that was supplied to you and that the initial notice supplied did not comply with the requirements set out under the Consumer Credit Act. I disagree with your assertion as to the contents of the notice however this is not a relevent consideration in the recording of the debt with a credit reference agency. Sections 87 and 88 apply where certain enforcement action is to be taken. This expressly does not include recording a default with a credit reference agency. The High Court has ruled that recording a debt with a credit reference agency does not amount to enforcement action.

The relevent provisions are contained in the guidance given by the Office of the Information Commissioner on the recording of defaults by lenders, in particular sections 32 and 33. They state that it is strongly recommended that a" notice of intention to record a default" be served before a default is recorded with the credit reference agency. This notice of intention is explicitly not required to be a formal notice under section 87 of the Consumer Credit Act. Any defect with regard to a notice in terms that legislation can have no bearing on whether it was legitimate to record the default. The form and content of the Default notice would be a point of argument were the matter of enforcement to be debated in court on a claim for enforcement. It is not.

The position of the Information Commissioner is that the customer be put on notice of the lenders intention to record a default. This has occurred in this case therefore we remain of the view that we have legitimately recorded the fact that you have not paid us.

Please be advised that this is our final response in this matter. Should you wish to pursue the matter through the regulatory authorities that is entirely your prerogative

Are Next now going back on what the wrote in the letter that this was my default notice? as they now mention Initial Notice?

So if the Initial Notice was sent in October, and gave me 14 days, and they say the default Notice was sent in October too, then what does that mean for me?

space bar not working all time, went back to include some, lol