Bls Collections - Help Needed Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D OK so now you've shown us the joke letter what does the real one look like? What was on page 2?

Also you've left the letter ref there (top right), I would also hide the exact amount of the "loan".

I may be wrong but if thats all they have I can't see how they have the right to demand anything.

Send them a letter back saying they owe you the sum of £21,***.**, the details of how or why are unavalble but because you say it it must be true, and as such you now owe them nothing, and consider the matter closed.

Honestly is that realy all they sent you? I cannot beleive a bank would be stupid enough to send a letter like that.

Edited by count orlok
The loan amount may have given guest a clue to the account holder.

Hi, yes that's really all I got! I am just re-doing my link for the letters as I am going to page 2 on, although there's nothing much on it, I am also going to edit a couple of things out that was suggested to me.....

Thanks for your help and is there a draft letter for me to send?

Thanks again :)

I'd be tempted to send them Scots letter below & see what their response is;

Re: my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Thank you for your recent letter sent to me, the contents of which are noted. I appreciate your quick response to my original letter. However, the reply received by me does not fulfil your requirements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter.

My request remains outstanding. The items you sent in your reply, does not constitute a true copy of any credit agreement that may or may not have been signed by me on the opening of this account. It neither confirms that I am liable for any alleged debt to you, nor gives me any chance to evaluate whether any original agreement was ‘properly executed’.

I still require you to send me a true copy of the original credit agreement that you allege exists. As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law.

You had until XX/XX/2008 to provide me with the true copy I requested. You are now in default of my request. Any account I hold with you is now in legal dispute. Whilst the account remains in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, nor make any further charges to the account. Additionally, you are not entitled to register any information on this account with any credit reference agency.

To register information with a credit reference agency, you must have written consent from the customer to collate and share such information. This consent is given in the form of a signed credit agreement, so until you produce such an agreement, you may not do this.

The requirement for consent to share data is a clear requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. any such attempts to share my data without my consent will be met with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office

To sum up, I will not be making any further payments to you until you provide me with the document I have requested. Whilst you remain in default of my request, you are not permitted to take any action against this account. This includes adding further charges and passing any information to the credit reference agencies.

Should you not have any signed credit agreement in relation to this alleged debt, please confirm this in writing to me.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Print name do not sign

**amend to suit your circumstances.**

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I sent the letter as suggested by cerberusalert and I have received a very short reply simply saying " It is essential that you telephone BLS Collections on 0845 600 3238 TODAY"

Needless to say I haven't phoned them and am wondering what my next move should be please? :confused:

Many thanks for your continued help.

Hi, weatherwitch. I never got letters from BLS because they never updated their records when notified of change of address 4 years ago. So they passed mine on to credit security ltd, who sent a couple of threatening letters, cca'd them, got the same response as you. like you i will keep an eye on posts to see what they do. I have had no respnse to my account in dispute letter sent a week ago.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have now received another letter thats says "It is essential that you telephone BLS Collections on 0845 600 3238 TODAY"

I won't be phoning but wondered if I need to do anything or just wait for the next installment? Is there another letter I need to send or do I just sit it out?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I sent BLS another letter as suggested and I received a few I must phone BLS imediately letters and a few repeats of letters they sent at the beginning. However today I have received a letter from SCM solicitors saying that I am required to pay the balance within 7 days to avoid court proceedings against me. They have given me a phone number to call as they may be able to come to an amicable agreement.

I am now pretty scared about the possibilty of going to court, would that happen if I don't call? I really don't know what to do now.

Any advice would be so gratefully received.

Thanks.

Send them this;

Their address

date

****NOTICE UNDER CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES***

reference

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in acknowledgement of your letter dated ................and also of .............The contents of which have been duly noted.

Further to you stressing that County Court proceedings will be actioned by yourselves should I fail to make contact/stressing that proccedings are about to be commenced in regard to alleged sums outstanding and alleged owed by me on the above account,I remind you of Civil procedure rules protocols. Nevertheless in my response to your letter please be advised of the following.

I put forward that you now have a requirement to provide me with;

1) A true copy of the executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened. Please note that a "true copy" as defined by the Consumer Credit Act will not be acceptable in this case, and a copy of the actual executed agreement, including signature, is required.

2) All records you hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to

1. A transcript of all transactions, including charges, fees, interest, payments and both the amounts of credit and any repayments made to the account.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations

3. Where there has been any event in the account history over this period that has required manual intervention by any person, disclosure of any indication or notes that have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to the account held by me with........... is required.

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you sent to me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

6. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998.

9. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

10. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

I make this request to ensure that each party has equal footings which can allow action to proceed speedily fairly and without undue costs or waste of courts time,as defined within Pre-action Practice Directions -Protocols 4.6 of the Civil Procedures Rules.

I will give you 14 days to respond with the above,failure to comply will result in a complaint being made to the Court./In addition to the FOS for any breaches of OFT and CCA codes.This includes breaches as a result of initiating a Country Court claim where failing to provide or produce documents make litigation improper..

Specifically this relates to one or any number of the following;

* demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* add any further interest or charges to the account.

* pass/sell the account or outstanding balance to any third party.

* register any information in respect of the account with any of the credit reference agencies.

* issue a default notice related to the account.

Furthermore,I reserve my right to make a copy of this letter available for inspection to the Court and Financial/Consumer regulators should you fail to comply with this request.

I await your response,and should you need further clarification on any of the above points,then I suggest that you direct them to your legal department.

Yours Faithfully/Sincerely

......................... . (not to be signed) Print name

Dated..........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, after what seems quite a long silence regarding BLS I received this letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited. I would really appreciate some advice on my next move as I am getting a wee bit scared with the words pre court and intended litigation. I would also say that there is PPIlink3.gif in this loan but looking back I did not ever want it (just thought I would mention it!)

Many thanks in advance

Moorcroft letter.jpg

With Moorcroft think of their pre-court, pre-home visit, pre-anything, divisions as pre-school divisions. In my exprience this is the best description of the reading ability of the people they employ. Or if you think of it as their pre-mature (insert own word) division, it may give you a wry smile. Needless to say do not lose any sleep over their threats.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this arrived yesterday and I suppose I just want a bit of reasurrance really that it is ok just to carry on and ignore them as I know that they will start to be very persistent or shall I send them a letter?. Can they really confirm my occupancy at my address with a major public utility as they state at the bottom of the letter?

Many thanks for all your continued help

Moorcroft.jpg

Edited by weatherwitch