Air bed faulty on first use - purchased 24/11/2009 - seller wants o charge to inspect ?

2ltr16valve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

posting for my brother.

November last year my brother purchased a queen size air bed from

http://www.stackmhigh.com/

, the air bed was first used on Wednesday evening this week and needed to me re=inflated 10 times through out the night.

My sister in law emailed the company asking for a replacement and received this reply.

Hi,

Thanks for your email. Sorry you have had this problem with your airbed, we offer an inspection service at the cost of 20.00 to locate the problem. If this proves to be a manufacturing defect the 20.00 would be refunded. The address to return the airbed is on the left hand side of your Invoice.

Regards

Stack 'm High Ltd

I do not think this is a satisfactory response.

anyone got any pointers and if the SOGA applies here with regards to faults showing within 6 months from time of purchase, its assumed it was present at manufacture ? even though this is its first use

It is assumed it is a manufacturing fault, however they are entitled to examine the goods. I would however reject any advance payment, something you can be held liable for if they can show there is neglect or accidental damage.

I would however inform them that it was the first time used, quoting it is not of satisfactory quality as it is not durable, not free from minor defects and major ones, and currently not fit for purpose.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

• 6 years later...

An blow upbedcome invariouslengths and widths, beginning fromthe tiniesttwomeasurementsall the way upaboutruler. Contrary toa heavy innerspring or mind foam, the convenience of modifiableairbedsusually meansmany differentcircumstanceswhere bythey are oftenchosen, and thereforecan make itamong the mostalluringtrying to sellthings. You can easily blow up and leave it to be used as a permanent bed for your and you partnerd Alternatively, it could be deflated and packed away ready to be used as a guest bed

An airbed mattresson crazysales can really bevarious differentshapes and sizes, fromthe littlestdualdimensionsall the waynearlyqueen. Different fromhuge innerspring or remembrance foam, the flexibility of adaptablesurroundingsmattressesindicatesnumeroussituationsin whichthey might beput to use, thereforecauses it to becomeone of the moreeye-catchingresellingpoints. You can easily blow up and leave it to be used as a permanent bed for your and you partner, or it could be deflated and packed away ready to be used as a guest bed