Dixons Online and Customer Service - Hilarious

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I've just about calmed down sufficiently to post without ranting!

Last Sunday evening I ordered a Stoves 600DSLIM (I think) cooker from Dixons.co.uk - the transaction was processed, and the order confirmed by e-mail, and the correct sum of money was immediately taken from my bank. I looked forward to hearing from them about their 2-4 day delivery.

Nothing odd there, you may say.

By Wednesday, having heard nothing, I telephoned their Customer Service line. I explained that I hadn't heard anything about delivery of my shiny new cooker - with working oven which makes it instantly better than my current one - to be told that it is out of stock, there's nine people in the waiting list - what waiting list?! - and in this guy's own words "It's not looking good love we've got no date from the manufacturer" ...... right, so why didn't it say out of stock on the website then? "Oh it says forward order - that's what that means" - I'm sorry?? "Forward order, means there's a waiting list" - Hang on mate, I don't work for Dixons, Forward Order means forward order, out of stock means out of stock to me.

He wasn't able to give me any indication of how long it was likely to take, so I asked him to put me through to another department for a refund. Here's where it gets really funny.

No apology, no explanation, and when I explained how unhappy I was that a) they had taken my money for something they didn't physically possess to sell me, in a matter of seconds, and b) they were going to make me wait up to five days to replace the money in my bank account leaving me financially unable to purchase another cooker, and c) in my opinion their order forms should inform a customer that the item they are trying to purchase is currently out of stock and give you the option of going to a waiting list, well HE PUT THE PHONE DOWN ON ME.

Now, I'm not a rude girl, I didn't raise my voice, nor use abusive language as I do treat people as I would like them to treat me, however, I thought I should make what I consider to be valid points in a calm and collected manner. I certainly did not deserve to be treated like some foul-mouthed chav who fails to see reason. I have e-mailed Dixons complaining about all of the above, to no avail.

I would appreciate your opiniosn please, if you have five minutes.

Regards

Sarah

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that, well, it's Dixons/Currys/Comet/PCWorld (take yout pick) and they wouldnt' know customer service if it came and bit them in the *rse.

It's shocking behaviour by any standards, but their standards are non-existant, so....

You can complain, but I doubt you'll get very far, and you'll end up giving up out of frustration of banging your head agaisnt the wall with that shower. Since you haven't suffered any actual loss beyond maybe a few days interest on your current account for the amount you had paid, you're not legally entitled to compensation, so you're on a non-starter.

Sorry. :-(

Thanks for your reply Bookworm. I'm not seeking compensation as I don't feel I have lost out, however, I just thought I'd make people aware of what happened, and also feel a little better about the incident in as much as I know it's not me :)

Regards

Sarah

Not that I'm trying to say your in the wrong here, but if a website said "in stock" one would assume they're in stock. If a website instead said "forward order" one would assume your placing an order in advance (or forward) of them recieving stock.

I must be thick then, because I wouldn't have known what 'forward order' meant. I agree that, frankly, it would be better for them to put 'out of stock' especially as they don't seem to have a clue when they are getting anymore in.

Absolutely no excuse for them to put the phone down on someone who is making a valid complaint. Perhaps they knew they were in the wrong and had no defence so just hung up! Personally, I would try my local trading standards to see where you stand, especially as they seem almost reluctant to refund the money they were so quick to take.

Same here, reading "forward order" wouldn't register, I'd probably think it means it comes straight from the manufacturer, the way some of my catalogues goods did. Certainly wouldn't twig that it means "we don't have any", furthermore, I am pretty sure they're not supposed to take payment for goods which are not actually in stiock, unless it's a special order (made to measure, personalised, that kind of thing).

i would ussually assume forward order ment it isnt kept in stock but ordered on a "as we needed it from the manufacturer but they have it stock"

bit like drop shipping,

trust them to use confusing terms

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi,

I work for an online kitchen appliance retailer, and I agree that retailers should be using customer friendly language. It is common sense that most people would not automatically understand what 'forward order' meant. If the retailer has to order the item from the manufacturer, this does not always mean a lengthly wait, but they should really inform you of the estimated delivery date on the product page.

I don't want to appear like I am trying to use this forum to sell so I am not going to post any links - but we do have the cooker in question in stock, if you would like further information just drop me an email on [email protected], or drop me a tweet: @AppOnline