• Tweets

• Thank you very much for your reply!    I definitely put the value when I purchased the insurance. I unfortunately can't remember if I stated what the item was but it would make sense that it would also request this information. (I used the oh-so-convenient ..tsk.. little machine in the shop that you just enter all the details into and it prints it out for you). I will research as to whether that was something I indeed needed to enter; if I did I certainly would have put guitar.    I have photos of the guitar before posting but no pictures of it wrapped up unfortunately, as it didn't occur to me I'd need to do that (with being new to selling online and it being the first time I'd posted anything of value... Sigh!!)    I do have the buyer's message stating there were signs of rough handling to the package however.    The damage is to one of the dials (completely smashed) and a crack down the neck.    I'm new to this site and I've been trying to use the search function to find other hermes related posts but it only brings up results for lost claims not damaged (when I try to move forward through the results it doesn't seem to let me but I'll keep trying!) 
    • just add sorry it not on my statement not on anything like that but it been used block my new application by student loans even though it been sold.  I had no idea to be honest at all it even existed as i still had slc finance and that showed as okay.  Now i am more worried about the university try charge me 2250 pounds for being two days over the deadline, as soon as I was reject i withdrew from the course as I did quick research and noticed it be long process to even try and overturn decision.  My tutor will sign me off on the deadline hopefully just the lady in credit control was saying does not matter two days over has me worried.  
    • The majority of Cumbria is in tier 1 making it ineligible for support offered to tier two firms. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3738 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I can’t believe how good it is with in days for starting to take the tablets my smoking was getting less and less

I used to smoke 20-25 a day…on day 4 of taken the tablets I got a pack of 10 that lasted me 4 days. I’m now day 10 and not smoked for 3 days:)

For me the hard thing is what to do with my hands:confused:

I do find that the morning tablet makes me feel a bit sick and my sleep is not right (but I can be like that from time to time so I don’t now if the is due to the tablets or not.)

Welcome to CAG ThelmaLouise and congratulations on not smoking:D

Keep up the good work. It can be hard but I was on 40 - 60 per day and I managed to give up:)

well done and keep it going

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

well done.......im on day 20 of the tablets and day 10 of not smoking.I was on 40a day,found first few days of not smokin hard but not had any cravings now for a few days.

Have you had any side effects with the tablets??..I have had few restless nights and wierd dreams...although the 100 quid i have saved in 10 days is great.

Its been six weeks for me without a ciggy :). I took the champix for 2 weeks and cant praise them enough:D. I had a few strange dreams but would recommend them to anyone.

The dreams or the Champix :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Both:D

I was waiting on that :D;)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

The dreams or the Champix :)

Class 52, class :D

Well done on stopping smoking ThelmaLouise, remember your not giving up anything because your not making a sacrifice, you are getting ride of nicotine and setting yourself free.

Listen to Lex, I used to be the worlds expert on stopping smoking, I used to do it four times a year !!! Champix is the bees knees :)

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 months later...

Had to stop the champix at about 8 weeks my moods got REALLY bad:-x

But I’m still smoke free :)even with all the crap that has been going on in my life….best thing I ever did….well apart from child birth…;)

Well Done Lou and remember this site will keep you busy as for the hands plenty of good folk here including the siteteam

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

well done.......im on day 20 of the tablets and day 10 of not smoking.I was on 40a day,found first few days of not smokin hard but not had any cravings now for a few days.

Have you had any side effects with the tablets??..I have had few restless nights and wierd dreams...although the 100 quid i have saved in 10 days is great.

well done in october will be 2 years, im so happy you should be to:)

I have no legal training, I'm based on my own personal experiences.

I attended a smoking cessation clinic last night and hope to be going on Zyban. I tried Champix but after 3 days i was totally parnoid and very aggressive (totally out of nature for me) on top of that i was feeling suicidal and having very vivid dreams. I am hoping Zyban does the trick. I am currently smoking + per day.