help with sky please

nick49
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i hope someone on here will be able to help. my girlfriend and i moved out of our rented property yday and in with my mum and dad to save some money to buy a house.

i called sky to cancel everything i had with them as there is already sky at this property, they said they couldnt cancel it as i was in a contract. i've been with them for 2 and a half years now and in may of last year my dad gave me his old sky plus box, i called them to let them know as they apparently have to send a different signal for sky plus anyway they are saying that when i changed my box to sky plus i entered into a new 12 month contract! :confused: does anyone know if this is right? i was never told that i had been entered into a new contract and if i've not paid sky for the box/installation should i have been entered into a new contract?

they have put my contract down to the bare minimum for the remainder of the contract but i told them i wanted some sort of block put on the phone line so that i dont get charged for the next persons calls, they said they dont think they could do it, i find that really strange that they wouldnt be able to, they passed me around departments a few times and after being put on hold for 45 minutes i hung up to try again tomorrow :mad:

thanks for reading

Hiya nick

Yes when you upgrade to skyplus there is a min 12 month contract -

if you have had sky tv itself longer than 12 months then you can request to pay for skyplus recording facility only which is £10 per month

re phone

do you pay line rental to sky or BT?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

hi,

thanks for the reply and moving the thread, my line rental is with sky too.

so it looks like i will have to pay til the end of the contract, do you know if they would let me buy the contract out?

thanks

yes,

you need to put it in writing and that you are aware you are in contract

you can contact them on the contact us option on the sky website

or wait until april and give your 30 days notice

but bear in m ind when you do go to your next property you would need to pay BT or another company to provide a new line

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

i'll call them tomorrow to see what they say. to be fair to them the people i have spoken to have been really helpful and they put me on the lowest tariff available.

i'll remember that thanks, i had so many problems with bt i think i'll be looking at any possible avenue not to have to use them again :wink:

thanks