registered keeper/owner and main driver

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've bought my mum a car however she won't be driving it much as she used to from now.

so can the registered keeper/owner of the car be different to the main driver?

confused.com allows me to put me as the main driver (named and as main driver), while having the policy in my mums name, as well as her being the owner/registered keeper.

this helps to reduce the premiums plenty.

thanks

In cases where the Insurer suspects the main driver is not the registered keeper/owner of the vehicle these will be looked at very closely, because 'fronting' is a serious problem for Insurers.

Young people typically buy a car for themselves to use and then get an older relative to insure it and add them to the drivers allowed to greatly reduce the premiums.

I would be very careful and make sure you fully explain to your insurers the full details of why the main driver is NOT the keeper/owner otherwise you could come unstuck if you have a claim/accident.

Mossy

I'm aware of what fronting is, thanks

I list myself as the main driver on the application form however the policy/ownership etc is in my mums name.

thanks

I'm not sure you understand!!!

by telling them I am the main driver am I lieing?

Re-read the last paragraph of my original reply, the one that said....

I would be very careful and make sure you fully explain to your insurers the full details of why the main driver is NOT the keeper/owner otherwise you could come unstuck if you have a claim/accident.

I did not suggest that you were lying, what I suggested was that you make sure you fully explain to your insurers the full details.

Now is there anything else I don't understand?

Mossy

check with the insurer as Confused.com are only an aggrigator site and not the underwriters.

If your mum is the reg keeper and you the named & main driver,mum pays for the policy,mot,servicing,vehicle still kept at mums address etc and there is no huge age gap that would give u/w or claims any concern about the policy being fronted. Then there should be no problem, they would just adjust the risk accordingly and charge any extra premium if required.