• Tweets

• OK I sent CCA request on Monday 7/6 recorded delivery with a postal order uncrossed with £1 stating on the back that it didn't go towards any alleged debt.   Wednesday 9/6, received the postal order back from Arrow with a cover letter saying they no longer charge a fee and 'we will respond as soon as we can'   Then on Friday 11/6 morning a letter dated the 10th (they said if we didn't hear back from you by the 11th) I got a letter of claim from Drydens saying 'if you do not provide proposals to repay, legal action may be issued in the county court'.  Along with 'you have 30 days to respond'. Attached is a printout of an income and expenditure sheet.
    • Your attachment was viewable in your first post.   Does the issue you mention with the wallpaper/slight stain really constitute a breach ?  Is it significant enough ?   The wallpaper was probably applied before the wall was properly dry.  But the other possibility, is that the tenants did not open windows regularly to ventilate the room.  It is important for windows to be opened or put into a vent position on a regular basis, to ensure that moisture is allowed out.   If the tenant had clothes drying in the house, with baths/showers being used etc, this may have helped cause the wallpaper peeling  and the damp stain.   Today has been a lovely Summer day in many parts of the UK, so the tenants may not be as quick to respond.  Same issue with replies to this site, so you might get other responses later.   The tenant is unlikely to try to pursue you for the matress or health issue they say is caused by a damp issue.  Unlikely to have sufficient evidence and their own actions may be the cause.   They are most likely deciding whether to complete work in the garden or not.   You are within your rights to hold onto the deposit for now, until the reasonable request to return property to pre let condition is completed.    
    • Oh Yorky, I'm so sorry you're still having trouble with your dad's hospital.   I can't believe they are still being so awkward, I sometimes think they (companies in general, not just hospitals) forget that we put ourselves through this stress and worry not because we want to, or even because we have to, but because we want what's best for our loved ones.   Their advice for you to deliver the form in person is at odds with the advice on their own website stating that visits have been suspended due to Covid. I mean, I would understand if someone wanted you to drop off clothes for your dad, but a piece of paper? Which could end up anywhere? That's... crazy.   I don't know if the following link is worth a try or whether you've been down this road, but the hospital website has details of all the consultants Consultants | North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust WWW.NTH.NHS.UK If you want to find out details of our hospital consultants and contact information you can search for them in our A-Z. obviously you'll know your dad's consultant name, but the phone numbers on there, are they ward ones that you've tried before or do they look different?   That said, even if you are more successful with that, definitely still get PALS and as much senior management on board as you can with a formal complaint. You shouldn't have to go to such lengths to get hold of the right people and for the right information, especially at such a stressful time.   You point out that you remember you're doing this for your brother and your dad, which is the best approach. I'm sure they, in their own way, know that you are pushing yourself and pushing the hospital for an outcome as you are is because of them.   I know it's easy for someone on the internet to say "look after yourself", "do this to help with stress" etc, but if you do feel you need extra help with dealing with your stress/worry, please don't be afraid to seek help from a doctor yourself. A "well" you is the best sort of support for your dad and brother.   I wish I could offer more support and I'm sure that if anyone else of the CAG community has any other suggestions, I'm sure they will come here and let you know.  
    • Ok update.  I have spent the last week or two, trying to get help from the Staff Nurses and Matron, regarding the Consultant or someone to have my dads lack of capacity documented, either their own paperwork or me sending COP3. I   they have informed the consultant looking after my dad, who at this moment is sounding very ill, with medical issues on top of delirium and confusion, he is apparently having blood transfusion bag things. not eating and drinking. I have even spoken to the consultants secretary to explain the urgent matter and to have the consultant contact over the last few days WITHOUT SUCCESS, conversion ended today with its a legal form can I take it into hospital personally, er..I dont drive and Im in Northampton, Hospital is Stockton on Tees.    the nurses cant help need to speak to consultant!!!!!!! conversation ended with well I will complain to PALS, GMC secretary of Health or whoever......reply was looks like it then?   I have just compiled a 3 page letter [well e mail one] sent to PALS, I will follow up with a written one and to whoever else I can contact.   I need this medical form before I can do anything else with court or appointee   anyone have any ideas cos Im now at my gasping point, wondering why the hell am I taking on all this stress and worry, then I think of my younger brother, and that reminds me why I am doing it and doing it for.
    • Second charge mortgage market returns to growth View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Orange, zero signal mobile and £wrip off Dongle.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all, let me explain a little: my partner is called Jeanne and she took out a contract for 2 mobile phones with Orange at £20 per month each plus a Dongle (USB Internet) at £5 per month.

I have one of the phones.

My problems:

there is very little signal in my home in Plymouth, Devon, although going outdoors does make it a little better. Their rep at their shop said there is a booster available but the Orange site does not actually allow simple contact, you click this, click that, get messed around and then just get an automatic reply which doesn't go anywhere near answering your question. ..so how do I get one of these boosters (if they do exist).

Jeanne's problems:

Jeanne lives away from me in Torquay, Devon and her signal is okay, however, she is having major problems with the Dongle signal but more worryingly getting wripped off on the Dongle bill.

Supposedly the Dongle is £5 per month, however, she has now received three bills of £20+. On phoning Orange she was told that their 'software is never wrong and if your bill says £20 then it is £20' (charming!).

Considering one of the days of heavy use was when she was actually in Hospital then it's obviously wrong!

I thought maybe a record is kept on the laptop of dial up and shut-down times for the Dongle but as she recently upgraded to Windows7 any record would be lost.

Any advice please?

As for the booster, i believe they are referring to UMA technology, the ability to use a wireless home broadband to connect to and use that as a signal transmitter. This can only be done on specific phones. What model does she have?

As for the dongle, what is the name of tariff she signed up for?

Need more info. If Orange are not providing the required coverage where you need it, you should investigate moving to another network that does (usually after completing any minimum contracted term). This isn;t a problem on PAYG.

The dongle amounts only provide for a a capped service, anything over the amount is chargeable - so it would be very easy to hit £20 by going over their 'fair use' limits.

A lot of dongles actually store a log of how much they have been used... look at that and see what the data allowance of the contract is. Any extra is normally billed at a phenominal rate!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

As for the booster, i believe they are referring to UMA technology, the ability to use a wireless home broadband to connect to and use that as a signal transmitter. This can only be done on specific phones. What model does she have?

As for the dongle, what is the name of tariff she signed up for?

Phone(s) is: Samsung Tocco Lite (GT-S5230)

Dongle tariff is: Internet Everywhere 512MB

Update: Orange claim it could be Windows updates that are taking her (Jeanne) over the dongle limit, what a crock!

PS thanks everybody else who replied, much appreciated.

512 MB? Windows updates will eat that for breakfast I'm afraid!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 6 months later...

Here's a copy of the email I just sent Orange:

"I want you to cancel my contract, there is no signal in my area, I have been through this with you a few times before but always receive the same 'we're putting new masts up in a couple months', this is unacceptable, I pay every month yet have to use my home phone.

I also receive spam texts from you and calls from 'Unknown' that end as soon as I answer, I have never opted in to any spam or agreed for my details to be shared.

I have contacted Trading Standards and await yours/their reply."

To be honest, Trading Standards' website says there is no way out for me as I signed a contract, I thought about using a buyout service but they all seem to be sorrounded by horror stories, one concerns 'Amtek' (?) who don't part with the cheque you need to buy yourself out but you are then stuck with a contract with them too.

Where are our rights (UK) ???

before getting into the the other stuff, do you have T-Mobile coverage where you live?

You can now sign up on Orange's website to use T-Mobile as well, it might solve your problem

Edit - actually I can't find a link for this but I thought I'd read it somewhere.

Edited by Human Writes
Clarification

TMobile are owned by Orange (or vice-versa) so I doubt it would be much different.

We were told by a guy in the industry that Orange had to take down some masts because, having teamed with TMobile, the monopolies commission said they are too big.

I'd rather walk away from Orange/TMobile totally. '3' is also pants in my neighbourhood, I could understand it if I lived in a backwater but I live in Plymouth.

Sorry, I don't know what industry your pal is in, but is most certainly isn't communications. The reason for the reduction in masts, would be fine if they wre talking about bank branches, but the reality is more mundate. The core network of both Orange and T-Mobile is GSM1800, by merging, there will be a considerable duplication in coverage and where this capacity is wasteful, they will be removing this duplication and the nett result is they end up with a fuller network, where the gaps in coverage are infilled and the customers are able to benefit from this. To a lesser degree, this is happening with UMTS (3G) and 3UK is providing their infrastructure here too.

No signal at home address to not constitute breach of contract and certainly does not give you a reason your you to break you commitment to the full length of the agreement.

T-Mob and Orange have merged to one company but still have two very separate networks. Therefore, it really is worthwhile seeing if you have T-mobile coverage at home. The fact that Orange does not have coverage doesn't mean that T-mobile don't. The link that you need to visit is http://www.orange.co.uk/share as it will be quite soon that you can pick up signal from T-mobile's masts as an Orange customer (and vice-versa for T-Mob customers).

Just out of interest, where abouts in Plymouth doe you live? (I'm in Plymouth too!)

Thanks everyone for your replies.

1. I never said my pal, it was a guy in Intek who said Orange had taken over TMobile (or vice versa) as I already explained. If that doesn't count as someone in the telecoms industry then why would I care anyway? Truth is Orange are taking the p?ss no matter what way you look at it.

2. Even if it was not a mission to fin out how to use TMobile instead (no link of course), I wouldn't do it cuz TMobile is not who I signed up to so they'd probably use that as the excuse to stiff me for phoning or texting people.

3. How do these providers get away with it? I signed the contract after they showed me their lying website saying I have a great signla here in the middle of nowhere (1 mile from Plymouth City Centre, probably the biggest city in Devon). Why do I pay for sthg I can't use?

Perhaps I should just refuse to pay and let them take it up the ass for a change.

1) Orange and T-Mobile have MERGED to become 'Everything Everywhere'. You said your pal said mastes were 'being taken down' because the 'monopolies and mergers said they were too big'. THAT'S what is utter rollocks.

2) Don't understand.

3) Their website doesn't lie. All coverage shown is based on predictions (ie 'expected') coverage. These are generated from coverage models based on mast placement and power levels. There is no system that can dynamically give 100% actual coverage.

Good idea. Don't pay. They don't care. They still get money by selling your debt to someone who will harass you relentlessly, whilst showing a default on your credit file that will stiff you for the next 6 years. (And making getting any financial products or a mortgage virtually impossible). The good news? You won't need to got to court.