HELP ! what ever happens, currys, refuse to hounour their insurance agreement

hyper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my Technics HiFi, covered under the infamous WHAT EVER HAPPENS agreement suffered an accidental damage and was reported out to the WHATEVER HAPPENS call centre.

They originally came, took the item back to their warehouse, and called me to say they will order a part for it and repair it.

But a week later they dropped it back off, un-repaired and followed it up with a letter saying the item had ‘unexplainable damage’ and they would not payout for it.

(It looks like they couldn’t find a part to repair it so decided they will not pay for the whole hifi and rejected the claim).

I have owned the item since 2003 and have been paying insurance since 2003, and this was my first claim so I am obviously bitterly annoyed with their response.

I have written to them, complaining but they refusing to budge.

I don’t know what to do.

Can anybody help me?

What was the original problem?

What is the 'unexplainable damage' they refer to?

How much have you paid in premiums since 2003 - just me being nosey.

P.S. P1 will be here soon with her brothers all weilding baseball bats.

hi

the player dropped accidentally and part of the system broke which played the DVDs

what can I do? can anyone help pls? is their a solicitor who has dealt with similar cases you may be able to recommend ?

I payed approx 70 quid a year, the amount would change every year by a few quid

ok

there is a place to write to ontop of the letter they sent you rejecting the unit

write to this

provide a full breakdown of how the damage happened, in detail

have a paragraph pointing out that you need an explanation of how the damage to the system differs from what you have reported, remind them a statment that "after reading your description of the incident we have decided to uphold our previous decision" will not sufice as it does not hold enough detail

remind them that under the terms of the agreement although they can withdraw the service if there is evidence of missuse you require them to prove the missuse

i owuld have a conclusion paragraph stating what you require from them, in this case the full repair or replacement of the unit.

send it recorded delivery and state in the letter that you are giving them 14 days to respond

if no responce or a negative responce then write a letter before action do not do this if you do not intend to follow up with court action, as its below 5,000 it'll most likely to be small claims court which isnt scary at all, remind them that if they take it to court they will loose unless they provide evidence of missuse

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 1 month later...
is going to court the only option I have left?

i have had a similair problem ,with the tech guys

my story down 1 from you,

1 fone call they had fixed the white screen with a repalcement screen (lcd)

then when i recieved it back it was a black screen and cracked

then they say it was damaged when they recieved it and they never repaired it :x

these people on here are very helpfull ,they try and help in every way they can. stick with them

have you tried contacting chris?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=246892

send him a PM

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...