Off sick and being picked on!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Hope someone can help.

I has off work for four weeks and the first week in Hospital with suspected heart attack. I went through tests angogram etc. Came back with my arties are going into spasm. I have been put on medication for rest of my life.anyways.

I start back to work two weeks ago and the director had me in his office at 11 that morning giving me a bollocking at the state of the department while I was off. I reminded him I have been off sick and he continued to go on.

Two days later I am called back in and again shouting and curseing at me at the state of the department while I was off. I have been working to 8 most nights to catch up at work. Best about it senior management knew what was going on and done nothing about it!

Last tuesday I had a meeting and was told that he has had sleepless nights and he is putting the pressure on me if am sick or not and even if am on holidays.

I cannot control the staff when am not threre!!!

I cannot now face work due to all this. 6 weeks ago I was in a hospital bed not knowing If I was going to live or not.

Any advice people??

You need to speak to your GP about this, you shouldn't be at work with this sort of pressure. You can't be responsible for what goes on at work in your absence. If it's causing you a great deal of stress, then I'd advise that you ask your GP for a sick note until the matter is resolved.

I think you should submit a grievance about how you are being treated.

I agree, Elpulpo. Dmca, your health is the most important thing and undue stress is not what you need, as I know from members of my family.

I would go and see the GP tomorrow, if it were me, and get signed off. I don't know what your employer is thinking.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Got a sick line for two weeks.

If I submit a grievance and me only working there a year would this not rock the boat and they can get rid of me?

Dmca

Hi Dmca,

The fact that you are certified as not fit for work is enough to stop your employer in its tracks regarding any disciplinary action.

As Epulpo has said raise a grievance - and this will be a second reason not to discipline you, as this should set off a full investigation.

When you say you have worked there a year is it a full year? this could be important.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Will be a full year on 7th April this year.

Ok, you will have far more rights as an employee from 7 April 2010.

You may or may not need that info.

The grievance will probably take a couple of weeks to deal with so you are almost there anyway.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)