Cabot - Summons / Form 04 citation - old welcome finance debt - SB'd?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

I want to dispute my account with this company.i have done the cca and sar.

I received all sorts of documents back from them relating to previuos accounts and nothing relating to my active account.

Eventually after a number of requests they have sent me an alleged copy of my agreement.

It is computer generated with no signatures either mine or company representative.

It looks like a textbook sample.

i dont have access to a scanner but will try to upload it later.

Will this be enforceable and what should I do next?

When did you do the CCA request? How long did they take to comply with your request?

Post it up soonest and some one will be along to check it out!!! Although I am beginning to wonder if they are all still alive or have been gagged maybe?

Although the copy they have sent you is not signed if it is a `True Copy ` of the agreement you would have signed then it may well be compliant with your CCA request. A `True Copy` being one that has all the prescribed terms within it. That is what needs to be checked first of all.

Cheers Mark

They may have issued with a constructed copy which covers them under the CCA request - but without the original signed copy they can not enforce it without a court order.

Hi Mark - i think this thread is going quite as welcome are no longer loaning money - so no new victims - and the old ones are slowly having their issues dealt with - or giving up.

Welcome seem to be trying to clear their decks of a lot of their potential PPI problems - with their "Project Team"

They may have issued with a constructed copy which covers them under the CCA request - but without the original signed copy they can not enforce it without a court order.

Seems that is exactly what you have got. A re - constructed agreement, is apparently enough to satisfy a CCA 1974 request. It can be `Made Up` from information available to them as to what an agreement would have been at the time of being taken out. As long as it has the prescribed terms IE: The amount borrowed, the amount to be paid and the APR etc. and a place for the signatures, it dosen`t need an actual signature because it is only for information purposes. Dad is right it appears that the `Original Executed (signed)` agreement would still have to be brought to court before any order could be made. If that is so it beggars belief as to why they don`t just send a photocopy of the `Original Executed` agreement in the first place. If they have it.

Hi Mark - i think this thread is going quite as welcome are no longer loaning money - so no new victims - and the old ones are slowly having their issues dealt with - or giving up.

Hi Dad, I would have thought there would still be more than a few `Newbies` needing help, when they discover how they have been *hit upon. It does seem that when people are sorted they don`t bother any more. I must admit I lost interest for a while. False alarm when I changed my thread to `WON`. I was spending too much time here on CAG. lol It seems I missed quite a lot going on with CAG as well, while I was away. Would be interesting to know what went on with Lowell`s? ETC.

Welcome seem to be trying to clear their decks of a lot of their potential PPI problems - with their "Project Team"

I`ve been reading some of the recent threads and noticed this `Project` thing. Then there are the ones of us who`s cases have been handed over to Solicitors and DCA`s, while the complaints are still being investigated by FOS. All very interesting, if a little peculiar LOL.

Cheers Mark

• 7 months later...

Not that i'm aware of.

IQOR Limited 1613010

Trading Name(s) (Current):

IQOR

Iqor Ltd

Legal & Trade Financial Services

Experto Credite Limited 6022748

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Credit Management Consultants (CMC)

Experto

Express Delivery Services

• 3 weeks later...

This DCA ha stoday offered me the oppotunity to pay my alleged debt of £33k to Welcome at £10 per month.

I have not communicated with EC at all and have only had about 3 letters from them .

Is this normal practice??

Any thoughts please ?

This DCA has offered me a payment proposal of £10 pcm on an alleged debt of £33k with Welcome.

I haven't replied to any of their letters. There have only been about 3.

Regret not enough information to make any suggestions.Got to say £10 per month for £33000 seems very unlikely going forward.

Is this a Loan with Welcome?When did you last pay and how much?Any PPI or charges involved?Need this sought of information to offer help.

regards FS

As usual with welcome its a long story.

secured loan which I started to question terms and conditions of in November 2009. (last made a payment then).

Correspondence with Welcome and delayed responses to CCa and especially SAR.

I claimed successfully PPi from previous loans.

I had letters from their Project Team offering me a further refund

to which I replied that they should consider accepting this a partial settlement on my outstanding debt. NO reply

I have had very little hassle from either Welcome or their DCA's till very recently.

Then I have had about 5-6 calls with messages to call back,

one letter advising further action was being considered and then this morning the offer of £10 pcm to reduce the debt.

Should I bite their hand off or completely ignore?

At some stage Welcome or Experto will start to get difficult so their offer of £10 pcm on the surface is very attractive,however there is a motive behind this.Acknowledge the debt and start payments the clock starts ticking from that date.My feeling is they just want you to acknowledge the debt and start payments

Last payment 2009 so SB a long way of

At present they are only threatening further action.

As long as you are not trying to duck out of the debt then I would go for their payment offer.They will probably accept £10 pcm for 6 months then rack up their demands

At the end of day you only need pay what you can honestly afford

Regards FS

• 3 years later...

Old Welcome secured loan which has not been bothering me now for around 5 years when I made a payment.

This does not appear on my credit files, nor is there a charge on my property( I've checked with Land Registry)

I had the very occasional letter from Empinghams but with no real feeling!!

Its now been sold to Cabot, with Marlin collecting.

How should I proceed

Anyone??

either ignore unless a claim arrives

or CCA them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 7 months later...

I have a letter from Shoosmiths threatening legal action for an old Welcome Secured loan bought over by Cabot.

History:

- I stopped paying Welcome in December 2009 with very little harassment since.

The debt was bought by Cabot ?last year and there has been a few threats since.

This does not appear on any CRB's nor on the Land Registry as a 2nd charge.

I live in Scotland and am aware that if this was unsecured it would SB (I think?)

I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed

sounds like its statute barred to me - yes

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

three threads merged for history

dx

and they