• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Claim refused welcome finance final response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Welcome final response recieved PPI Claim

Hello

I received this final response from welcome this morning.

I am sorry that you have had to make a complaint. At welcome financial services wevtake complaints very seriously and will do our best to resolve the issuess as quickly as possible.

I regret to inform you that my decision is to reject you're complaint because it is outside the relevant time limits. I understand this will be a dissapointment but what follows is my explanation of why I have rejected your complaint and how the time limit applies.

The rules of our regulator FSA state that where a complaint relates to an event that took place more than six years ago we are not required to investigate your complaint.

It then goes on to say this is because it is very difficult to fairly investigate events that took place a long time ago. The law also allows firms to destroy documents and records more than six years old. This makes a fair investigation very difficult.

It then goes on about how to complain to the ombudsman.

What is my next step from here do I write to welcome again or go to the ombudsman any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated thanks

Thats funny as i claimed back mis-sold PPI dating back to 1999, if you were mis-sold then you were mis-sold time constraints ( As far as i am aware of, do not come into it ) I would refer this to the FOS as you have received a final response, send them a copy of yours & Welcomes letter, as it sounds like a typical fob off to me.

Edited by mangle101

Debt Free Since 1st September 2009:D

Target Savings For 2010 = £1000:)

Savings So Far = £700:lol:

Thank you

origanally it was a company called the claims guys who took on the claim for ppi in January this year everything seemed to be going well they even said at one point that welcome had addmitted errors on the agreements.

I heard nothing for two weeks so I called them they advised me that welcome were no longer investigating my claim as they had to have been sold to me by 27/2/2003 both my agreements are later than that so I called them back they said they would speak with a manager and get back to me which they did this time saying the date had been up dated and they had to be after jan 2004. Told them I was going to the ombudsman to which they said there wasn't much point as he wouldn't be able to do much more. Although welcome have written a final response regarding this claim can I still contact them to take this further or go straight to the obdusman this is all so confusing thanks for your time and help.

As it is a Final Response you can go straight to the FOS if you want to or you can write back to Welcome stating the following that was taken from another thread in regards to the 6 year period that they are claiming -

Fraud, concealment and mistake

32 Postponement of limitation period in case of fraud, concealment or mistake

(1) Subject to [F1subsection (3)][F1subsections (3) and (4A)] below, where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either—

(a)the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or

(b)any fact relevant to the plaintiff’s right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or

©the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it.

Excellent thank you so much for that I will put pen to paper right now its just what I needed someone to tell me what to do and what to state back to them thanks a million

lisa

Edited by lisa1975

Been on to welcome no luck there, I checked with the FLA following findings on MSE website according to them if an agreement was signed before 6th April 2007 then the FSO cannot help. Although it states on the FSA webpage that welcome have been members with them since 4/11/04. Any way telephoned the FLA and they have a complaints procedure that I can complete. Advised that welcome could still refuse to investigate even if the FLA complain and should maybe contact citizen advice with my claim to ensure I have proper grounds to claim.

What now GIVE UP?

No never I contacted the FSO anyway I was told there that although welcome finance was not a member of the FSA register until 04/11/2004 they were under the Genaral Insurance Council from February 2003 therefore my claim can be investigated and the FSO will look into this for me.

I wish this was as easy to do as I had thought lets hope it pays off because I am NOT giving up

Re: PPI Claim refused welcome finance final response

Been on to welcome no luck there, I checked with the FLA following findings on MSE website according to them if an agreement was signed before 6th April 2007 then the FSO cannot help. Although it states on the FSA webpage that welcome have been members with them since 4/11/04. Any way telephoned the FLA and they have a complaints procedure that I can complete. Advised that welcome could still refuse to investigate even if the FLA complain and should maybe contact citizen advice with my claim to ensure I have proper grounds to claim.

What now GIVE UP?

No never I contacted the FSO anyway I was told there that although welcome finance was not a member of the FSA register until 04/11/2004 they were under the Genaral Insurance Council from February 2003 therefore my claim can be investigated and the FSO will look into this for me.

I wish this was as easy to do as I had thought lets hope it pays off because I am NOT giving up

Thank you

origanally it was a company called the claims guys who took on the claim for ppi in January this year everything seemed to be going well they even said at one point that welcome had addmitted errors on the agreements.

I heard nothing for two weeks so I called them they advised me that welcome were no longer investigating my claim as they had to have been sold to me by 27/2/2003 both my agreements are later than that so I called them back they said they would speak with a manager and get back to me which they did this time saying the date had been up dated and they had to be after jan 2004. Told them I was going to the ombudsman to which they said there wasn't much point as he wouldn't be able to do much more. Although welcome have written a final response regarding this claim can I still contact them to take this further or go straight to the obdusman this is all so confusing thanks for your time and help.

PPI is PPI regardless of how long ago. They may not have their records but you will have your bank statements showing what you paid.

Write to Welcomes PPI claims department direct. Thats right. A seperate department for PPI claims. There must be one heck of a lot of us!!

yep

limitations act sec 32c applies

you were not aware, clock ticks from when you become aware.

off to the fos, [you can do it online at their site. [there is a link on their homepage]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

PPI is PPI regardless of how long ago. They may not have their records but you will have your bank statements showing what you paid.

Write to Welcomes PPI claims department direct. Thats right. A seperate department for PPI claims. There must be one heck of a lot of us!!

They have the agreements it was them that I got a copy from they are just not investigating my case as they say because they were signed before 2005 they are no longer required to investigate. I have complained to the ombdusman hopefully they will be able to help!

They have the agreements it was them that I got a copy from they are just not investigating my case as they say because they were signed before 2005 they are no longer required to investigate. I have complained to the ombdusman hopefully they will be able to help!

This is the problem i am having with Direct Auto Financial Services at the present time ( Go to FOS but, we were not regulated!! ), when i receive the expected final response from them ( Letter expected by 18th March ) it looks like i may have to seek legal advice & then threaten / take them to court.

Edited by mangle101

Go to the fos anyway as when I called an explained welcomes final response to my claim being outwith time period the fos advised me that although they weren't registered with the fsa then they were registered under the general insurance council since feb 2003 and they may be able to go down that route instead it's worth a pop anyway what have you got to loose and as someone on here advised me it will cost welcome £300 to £400 having the fos involved.

Hi Lisa, I am writing to them again this morning. On looking at the agreements again, I see they have added the administration fees to the total of the loan (£75 in each case) and are charging interest on that as well. This is not allowed under the rules. They must surely know this!!

Thr agreement side of things Is another issue I am in the same position as yourself and this is the way the fos has advised I go about as you are awaiting your final response when you get this don't even waste time writing to them again take your ppi issue to the fos they can not investigate your ppi claim until you have the final response letter Contact the fos today and tell them you wd like to make a complaint regarding your credit agreement the fos will investigate the two claims individualy I have another post on the forum I will find it and forward it to you in a minute.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/250557-help-needed-welcome-finance.html

go to this thread you will get pointers from here

Edited by lisa1975
Additional info

• 3 months later...

Hip hip hooray Hi just thought I would let you all know that my claim with welcome finance through the financial ombdusman has been a success. I recieved a letter from the FO informing me that welcome have decided to settle my PPIlink3.gif claim. There is no settlement figure provided this will be sent by welcome to me direct although I have recieved instructions as to how my settlement should be worked out. I will attach the settlement payout advice I have recieved from the FO and if there is any one kind enough and clever enough to work out what I should expect as a settlement I would be extremely gratefull.

th_IMG_0295.jpg

th_IMG_0294-1.jpg

th_IMG_0293.jpg

Hi there, well done you. I am just looking through all the PPI stuff as I have just started my quest for claiming PPI from egg.

Did they agree to pay compound interest?

Did you ever speak to FOS or was it all by letter?

Keep us all informed!!

Can I suggest you do EVERYTHING in writing. I have just sent a file to the FOS in respect of two loans on behalf of a young mum with two children. The HP was for a car and shortfall insurance has been added plus an unexplained EXTRA for £299. The personal loan was for £2000 cash on which had PPI and Lifecare insurance added because the mum was told she could not have the loan without it. I got involved because she is the daughter of a long standing family friend. When I worked out what she would be paying, it was a staggering £5,239. Having got fed up with receiving Final responses I wrote to Margaret Young, the company chief executive at Cattles with a copy of my latest letter to Welcome. My complaint started 19 Sept 2009. I quizzed them about the unitemised item and they finally said that it was for paint that stopped chippings coming up from the road and damaging the paint. I have asked for all the paperwork relating to this and proof it had been applied. This resulted in a massive climb down and a letter upholding my complaint and the agreement to refund the money and offset it against the two loans. However, they will not under any circumstances put any figures to this offer. I will try to attach a copy of their "acceptance form" which is a joke. They want her to accept their offer with no supporting figures.

I spoke to FOS and outlined my story and they asked me to send all the relevant paperwork. You also need to download two forms from their site. I will let you know how things go.