Littlewoods - Received Baliff Letter - Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Some help again please!! :confused:

Received a letter today from the baliffs via Littlewoods catalogue demanding the full amount i owe them (around £400).

1) I cannot afford this!!

2) What do i do now, i was just in the process of writing to Littlewoods offering them a payment plan with my budget enclosed.

Many thanks

Alex

-x-

What do i do now, i was just in the process of writing to Littlewoods offering them a payment plan with my budget enclosed.

Continue with your letter.

Have they got a County Court Judgement against you? If not, the bailiffs are really just acting as debt collectors.

the only way they can use bailiff action is if you default on a ccj. until then all they can do is ask for the money back and mess about with your credit rating or take you to court. remember to argue that if they WERE to take you to court then you will end up paying an amount you can afford anyway, so it is in their interest to accept your reasonoable offer.

my next question. did you ever sign a credit agreement with littlewoods?

the only way they can use bailiff action is if you default on a ccj.

I may be a little dim, but im 100% sure what a default is!! :? :p

Yes, i did sign a credit agreement with them too.

Thanks

Alex

-x-

hi there

just a bit intrigued, I have two accounts with littlewoods and are approx £1000 each i am paying them through payplan at the moment but i have never signed credit agreements with them, do i actually have to pay then???

***Nationwide***

Data Protection Sent 05/08/06

Statements received 17/08/06

Prelim Sent Rec Delivery £1231.50 18/08/06

LBA Sent 11/09/06 Rec Delivery

N1 Issued 28/09/2006 for £1561.80 inc Interst

Date of Service 30/09/2006

***WON*** NATIONWIDE PAID 12/10/06

You can phone the debt collection agency now dealing with the debt and they can set up lower payments with you.

They wont instruct ballifs or take court action as long as you are honest and reasonable in repaying the debt.

If you STILL cannot make the payments they are wanting from yourself (they usually want the amount cleared within 6 months), you can ask the cccs or CAB to go through your income and expenditure and they legally have to accept a negotiated payment with them

I have a debt with Littlewoods/Peter Craig. The debt was Passed between about 3 different DCA's Now it is with A company called Interim Justitia. Who told me they would only accept £50 per month. Untill I spoke to the person who is dealing with my account and they accepted £25 per month for 3 months.

After serveral phone calls from them asking for higher payments and having to remind that my wife is not named on this account (As they were giving her information covered by data protection) I sent them a Statment of earnings and set up a standing order for the £25 pound.

Worked for me with this particular company.

llktwelch

bump

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Do you need to pay for something if you have not signed a credit agreement??

It depends on your own moral compass.

You are still liable for the debt and it could be argued that by making payments you have admitted this liability.

However, they would have a difficult time defending an action in court if they could not produce a signed copy of your agreement.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

what if admin charges have been applied to that account which you claim to be unlawfull under the oft ruling?.. these companies have no morals so why put this in the equation..i am just having a go at this bunch with my sister who had an account with them...i hit them and there agents with a cca request asking for original signed agreement, neither have complied....i have used this and charges and non service of a summons to attempt to have a ccj removed she knew nothing about...we shall see what happens eh,now its with the court!! but i feel there is not much chance on there part.

"ALWAYS QUOTE ME AS BEING MISQUOTED" :D