Capquest Numpties

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya folks. New to this forum. I've been having a read of the various Capquest threads that are on here as I've received some letters from them.

They originally contacted me back in June or July last year. After having a shufty on here, I fired off a CCA request to them. They told me that my account was on hold while they looked for the paperwork. So I waited. Around a month or so later, they sent me another letter saying that they had found what they needed, but before they would send it to me, I was to phone them and provide some information under the Data Protection Act. I took this to be them wanting me to prove to them that I was who they say I am. So I ignored it.

Fast forward to this January where they wrote to me again with a special discount offer that was only valid if I accepted by the end of the week. I also ignored this as they had not sent me the relevant paperwork (which I had paid the £1 for!!). They then (under the guise of a firm of solicitors) wrote to me again, informing me that as I had not come to an arrangement with them, they were going to take me to court unless I paid X amount of money. I replied by informing them that they had still not replied to my CCA request and would they kindly forward the relevant documents.

They replied to me again (this time as Capquest), asking me to confirm if I had ever lived at a particular address (which wasn't entirely accurate. I had lived at, say, Alpine Road. They wanted me to confirm if I'd lived at Alpen Road). I wasn't sure how to respond to this, but it's kind of irrelevant now as they have now informed me that, unless I give them call to arrange something, they are going to take me to court etc etc.

Was wondering what my next move should be?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hmmm. That looks remarkably similar to the letter that I sent them in January, which prompted them to ask me to confirm an address that I used to live at.

I appreciate that they can't do anything until they provide proof of the debt. My concern was with them asking me to prove that I am who they say I am. I've noticed another thread on here with a similar theme. Think I should just reply with that letter again and also stick something in about how they are breaking the Data Protection Act by sending personal details to someone whose identity they are unsure of? And also, while I know and they know that the debt is unenforcable until they do provide the CCA, how likely are they to carry on twith a statutary demand anyway? (which is what they seem to be threatening in their most recent correspondence).

Personally, I wouldn't bother writing anything to them at all, letter ping-pong is an exercise in futility. If they were stupid enough to try court, you have an absolute defence anyway, as you have placed the alleged debt into dispute.

Cthulhu4, it might have been my thread since then we have had two more letters, still no proof of debt and the last one threatened a home visit so i sent them one basically saying please prove debt exists, if you send me anything else I will complain to OFT etc without further warning and also that we did not want them to come to our property and withdrew common law permission.

that was monday so far no response from them.