Jsgirl

Egg loan - CCA - Help!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3516 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've got a problem with Egg dating back to 2005/6 which has just reared its ugly head again and I'm looking for some help.

Loan dates back to 2004. Borrowed for myself and ex. Got into financial trouble around fairly cataclysmic separation from ex and closure of business in 2005. Tried to settle this back when house sold and they refused £16k on £20k o/s. Been paying £1 a month since then.

About a year or so ago they threatened to 'review' the payments and I updated them on the fact that I've been ill and not working so no income. They sent me an agreement to the £1 payments again BUT with a review in just a few months. I sent a CCA request and they returned it. No review happened, suprise surprise. They wanted all sorts of information and history which I was told I was not obliged to provide so I ignored it. All went very very quiet. I took advice and was advised (perhaps wrongly I suspect now) to continue paying the £1 and let sleeping dogs lie.

Then out of the blue a month ago I get a letter from a DCA (Moorcroft) acting on behalf of Egg, containing the usual threats and demanding immediate settlement of the full amount.

Took some advice and sent them a CCA. Copied this to Egg expressing suprise as the agreed payments continue to be made; demanding compliance with their duty to provide the CA and full statement which I will need for my upcoming divorce settlement/negotiations. (The only thing I've had from them in between was a nonsensical statement with an opening balance of zero and my £1 payments.) And telling them that I was not obliged to provide them with anything further.

They've now sent me a CA which looks okay EXCEPT that it's two separate pages - ie the signature is on second page and all the necessary stuff - amount of loan, interest rate, apr and payment details - are on the first.

I will find out how and try to upload said CA. The letter is just 3 lines... further to your recent request, pleasure in enclosing a copy of your signed CA in accordance with your rights under the CCA and a copy of your t&Cs (which constitute another 3 pages - with interestingly something redacted/blacked out in the opening para - so I shall try to upload that too.)

Hoping to find some advice on what on earth I do now.

thanks everyone.

Js

A big please added to the above request for help!

Any thoughts or opinions would be really appreciated and I am hoping to work out how to upload this darned 2 page CA tomorrow, I promise.

Thanks again

Js