NPM ticket - already paid. refund??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there I am wondering if anyone can help me at all. I got clamped last year and was forced to pay the fee of £130 or my car would be towed away to a car pound where I would incur more charges.I wrote to them appealing the charge but they refused to give me a refund. I have copied and pasted the letter I sent them below which details the whole story.

Am I entitled to get this money back? Do you have any advice how I can go about getting my money back?[

Thanks in advance, Karen

I write with reference to the clamping of the abovementioned vehicle last night (12th May 2009) at 21.02hrs. I was parked in **** from 19.48hrs visiting a friend and displaying a valid permit.

]

I returned to my vehicle at 21.02hrs to find my car clamped. I was informed by your operator (Mr L Lloyd, ref 0230 0110 9265 9244) that NPM allow a five minute “grace period” for the owner to return to their car. I was within this five minute period yet I was still clamped (not in the process of being clamped I might add, but ACTUALLY clamped).

]Initially, Mr L Lloyd said that he had made a call to your Head Office logging the penalty before putting the clamp on, so I asked him to show me the time that the call was made. At this point he realised he had “lost” his work phone. Shortly after he told me it wasn’t a phone that he used to log the penalty – it was a credit card machine that “doubles up” as the penalty logging device. He was unable to show me a time the penalty was issued as he “didn’t know how it worked”. Mr L Lloyd was also uncooperative and would not show me the picture that was taken of my car to display the time of taking it. He said he “couldn’t be bothered” and that there were too many “bitches” to go through in his phone to find the photo. During this whole ordeal, Mr Lloyd was rude, bordering on aggressive. He spent time humming under his breath, even whistling jovially despite my very clear distress, I found it very intimidating

The telephone numbers quoted on the penalty form were also not available, so I am confused how payment could be made at this time of night. It clearly states on the penalty form “To arrange payment of charge and clamp removal, telephone 07810 085153”, yet no one was available to take my call and Mr Lloyd kept saying “to ARRANGE payment, not MAKE payment.” Can you therefore just for the record clarify what ARRANGE payment means, because in my mind it means to make a payment.

Mr Lloyd informed me that I could appeal this, but only once payment of £130 was received. It was very clear that Mr Lloyd was literally after his commission. I had no cash/cards on my person at this time and became very upset and I was shocked to see that at this, Mr Lloyd appeared to be smirking.

I called my father to pay over the phone. Mr Lloyd also told me this was not possible and someone had to be there in person to issue payment. Therefore I had to have someone drive to meet me to make the payment

[There are CCTV cameras within the complex.

Please kindly look into this matter and issue a refund at earliest opportunity"