just joined the credit online forum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

know i shouldnt have done.. but couldnt resist it...well they come on here and spout their crap so thought we should have right to reply...anyway it was interesting research..one of the postings concerned tracing debtors..the latest weapon in the dca arsenal is...wait for it...trawling through facebook in order to trace debtors!! amazing...in the same thread one poster wailed

"Too many people are now aware that if we knock on their door with papers - unless its someone from a court, we can simply be told to go away & if we dont the police can be called for breach of the peace.

They have too many rights & protections these days'.

aww shame i did post a reply will probably find myself banned from there by morning 8)8)

yep but they dont see it that way..remember we are simply people who are evading our debts by hiding behind the laws that have existed for years..that dca's flout day in day out...pretending to be something they are not.. and expecting us to roll over

Is that still going? I remember they closed it off to the public because they don't like being reminded of how pathetic they are.

I might have to pay another visit - that'll increase their forum regulars to about 5.

yep but they dont see it that way..remember we are simply people who are evading our debts by hiding behind the laws that have existed for years..that dca's flout day in day out...pretending to be something they are not.. and expecting us to roll over

well, to keep a sense of perspective- a great many people are trying to evade their debts. lets not get too carried away with our own self righteousness

I saw somewhere a discussion on how to use e mails to harass people . They were saying how they could use the opening of an email as recognition of 'address' to initiate a full onslaught of dca annoyance tactics . It was deemed a good idea for the future , owing to the lack of computer ownership in their target market , and the likelihood their messages may end up in the email 'spam' bucket.

they might be able to show that an e mail had been read- they cant show who read it!! or that it was not corrupted text at the receiving end

there is software around to let you read an email without it being seen to have been read!!

there is software available to delete emails unread from unwanted addresses (althought it would be easy for them to use another e mail address)

my advice

NEVER give them your e mail address

NEVER get your credit files online!!

Don't forget most e-mail services such as Incredimail have "block sender" and boomerang facilities where you can bounce the e-mail back to the sender so they think that e-mail address no longer exists. Very useful for getting rid of the 1001 different people trying to flog you this, that and the next thing:)

I read the headlines on Credit Today, they blocked me any further access some time ago, I think due to the amount of times I post their poorly written rubbish.

They are a 'self published' magazine and actually won an award from the 'self publishing' community.

Going by the amount of forum members they have, they probably write the magazine too. It must have the lowest circulation and smallest web forum in Europe.

I've been into toilet cubicles with more people than what regularly posts on the CT forum.

heres a new credit networking site they are setting up if anyone interested in a looksee

Hello everyone,

We're extending the credit networking world to LinkedIn (a networking site that is pretty much the facebook of the professional world).

If you are in the credit industry you are invited to join the Credit Club. Joining will allow you to find and contact other Credit Club members on LinkedIn.

The goal of this group is to help members:

·Reach other members of the Credit Club – commercial and consumer credit professionals from around the UK.

·Accelerate careers/business through referrals from Credit Club members

·Know more than a name – view detailed professional profiles of fellow Credit Club members

Here’s the link to join:

The Credit Club group | LinkedIn

Hope to see you in the group,

The Credit Club Team

I've been into toilet cubicles with more people than what regularly posts on the CT forum.

There is a name for people like you :wink: or rather an activity, something about cottaging? :grin:

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.