• Tweets

• These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
    • I would say You should accept it - I HIGHLY doubt you will  be able to claim for letters at trial ans they’re offering you that, which is higher monetary value than interest.   Also they raise a good point, getting interest at anything above 4% is lucky these days, yes judges give it, but rarily above 4%   Also you might find depending on the judge  you don’t get some costs if you take it all the way over £7.40 when court woukdnt award letters costs and thus meaning their award would be less than evris offer which was made    Up to you though but the wait will be 3-4mo for a trial date at least
    • Hi Folks, Been 162 days! Just by way of update. Today I received a text from Opos Ltd so no doubt Capquest are renting the debt out to anybody who fancies a nibble. Safe to say I will not be responding.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HSBC Loan PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Then costs shouldn't be an issue being a small claim. I just wondered if they may have made an offer without prejudice save as to costs, which they might have tried to argue for if you didn't win as much as they offered in court, but as they haven't then this letter is nothing more than a last minute attempt to intimidate you into pulling out before going to court.

Don't be surprised if they send someone to the court to make you an offer before the hearing. Unless they agree to settling for the full amount including interest with no strings attached tell them you want the judge to decide. If you have time prepare a list of your wasted costs and tell them you want that too.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what was the recent high court case that has been in the media where the banks are now having to pay back ppi? any links for this?

HSBC - Pre Lim sent 12-12-06, LBA sent 27-12-06, reissued 5-1-07. Part offer rejected 17-1-07, MCOL 19-1-07, AQ - 21-2-07. Settled

Nationwide - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Pre lim sent 5-1-07, LBA sent 19-1-07, MCOL 2-2-07, WON 22-2-07.

Capital One - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Pre lim sent 17-1-07, LBA sent. Settled

MBNA - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Offer rejected 19-1-07, Pre Lim 19-1-07, LBA sent, Setteled 21-2-07.

MBNA Loan PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, Settled.

MBNA CC PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, WON 2-7-10.

HSBC PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, with Court

EGG PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, FOS upheld 3-7-10

Do you mean the Banks Challenge against the FSA, which they lost ?

If so, I have a link somewhere.. I will go and find it for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Do you mean the Banks Challenge against the FSA, which they lost ?

If so, I have a link somewhere.. I will go and find it for you.

yes

HSBC - Pre Lim sent 12-12-06, LBA sent 27-12-06, reissued 5-1-07. Part offer rejected 17-1-07, MCOL 19-1-07, AQ - 21-2-07. Settled

Nationwide - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Pre lim sent 5-1-07, LBA sent 19-1-07, MCOL 2-2-07, WON 22-2-07.

MBNA - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Offer rejected 19-1-07, Pre Lim 19-1-07, LBA sent, Setteled 21-2-07.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?741-April-Newsletter

Most of the information you will need is linked in the first article in the CAG Newsletter above.

I am just looking for the actual judgment.. BRB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2011/999.html

Judgment in the link above.

You might also find it helpful to have a read through the following thread from around post.... #101

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?290434-BBA-v-FSA-PPI-Judicial-Review/page11

HTH

BCOBS

moose on what grounds are HSBC defending ? Can you point me to the post... Sorry, I simply dont have time to read the whole thread :(

BCOBS

this is their argument:

DEFENDANT'S SKELETON ARGUMENT

FOR HEARING ON 13 JUNE 2011

Suggested pre-reading (15 mins):

• Statements of case
  • Witness statement of Daniel Chumbley in support of D 's application
  • Witness statement of C in opposition to D's application

Introduction

1. This is D's skeleton argument for its application (dated 15 March 2011) for

C's claim to be struck out or for summary judgment.

2. In summary, C has no reasonable grounds for bringing the claim because it is

statute barred. The claim relates to a payment protection insurance (PPI')

Policy that C held in respect of a loan that was both entered into and repaid

more than six years before these proceedings were issued (2 June 2010).

C's claim

3. C has held two fixed sum credit agreements with D:

3.1. A loan entered into on 12 April 2001 and repaid in full on 19

December 2001 ('the First Loan').

moose v HSBC

3.2. A loan entered into on 19 December 2001 and repaid in full on 23

June 2004 ('the Second Loan,).

4. C entered into a PPI policy in respect of the First Loan, but not the Second

Loan.

5. The principal allegation in C's claim is that he was told that the PPI policy in

respect of the First Loan was 'absolutely necessary in order to proceed to

obtain the associated credit' when it was not. Although the particulars

include other allegations, his core claim is for damages for misrepresentation.

6. It is D's case that C would have been made aware at the time that the PPI

policy was optional and not a requirement for the loan.

C's claim is bound to fail

7. The limitation actlink3.gif 1980 provides:

2 Time limit for actions founded on tort

An action founded on tort shall not be brought after the

expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of

action accrued. ..

5 Time limit for actions founded on simple contract

An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought

after the expiration of six years from the date on which the

cause of action accrued.

8. The limitation period applicable to an ordinary misrepresentation claim is

accordingly six years after the cause of action accrued. This would have been

when the representation had been made and C entered into the PPI agreement.

9. The cause of action therefore accrued on 12 April 2001.

C appears to accept that, under the usual time limits, his claim would be

statute barred. He instead relies upon the postponement of the limitation

period under s.32 of the Limitation Act 1980 on the grounds of alleged

concealment.' This section provides:

32 Postponement of limitation period in case offraud,

concealment or mistake

(1) Subject to [subsections (3) and (4A)] below, where in

the case of any action for which a period of limitation is

prescribed by this Act, either-

(a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant;

or

(b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff's right of action has

been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or

© the action is for relief from the consequences of a

mistake;

the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the

plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake

(as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence

have discovered it.

References in this subsection to the defendant include

references to the defendant's agent and to any person

through whom the defendant claims and his agent.

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1) above, deliberate

commission of a breach of duty in circumstances in which it

is unlikely to be discovered for some time amounts to

deliberate concealment of the facts involved in that breach

of duty.

10. C's claim does not fall within this section. Even assuming, for the purposes of

this application, that D's agent did tell C that he was required to take out the

PPI Policy, there was no further concealment by D. C could, with reasonable

diligence, have determined, from the documents that were provided to him

when he took out the PPI Policy, that that policy was optional:

10.1. He signed a 'creditor protection declaration' which provided that

I have decided to take loan protection.

I have received a copy of the loan protection policy

document.

I am aware of the eligibility criteria, terms and

conditions and exclusions applicable to the policy.

10.2. The credit agreement itself provided: 'I/We have decided to take

Personal Loan Protection'

10.3. The
terms and conditions
link3.gif
ofthe PPI Policy made clear that he

could terminate the Policy within 30 days of opening it, without the

loan also being cancelled. The introduction provided:

If you decide you do not want this protection,

please return this policy document to your HSBC

Bank within 30 days of receiving it. If you have not

made a claim during those 30 days, we will cancel

the cover and refund any premium you have paid.

11. Further or alternatively, at the very latest, C could have determined that the

PPI policy in respect of the First Loan was optional when he entered into the

Second Loan agreement (19 December 2001), which was still over six years

before he issued this claim. He did not enter into a PPI agreement in respect of

this loan.

12. It is further to be noted that in his witness statement C does not put forward

any case as to when he could, with reasonable diligence, have discovered the

alleged misrepresentation.

Conclusion

13. C's claim was issued over six years after the accrual of cause of action he now relies. The limitation period has not been postponed. The claim is therefore

statute barred and should be struck out.

is it bound to fail as they say?

they are just trying to frighten you off

or butter you up to accept a short settlement outside the court

they'll cough up

bear-in-mind hfc were fined £1.8M for exactly your situation

stick by your guns

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There are only two certainties in life that I know of.

Your'e born

You die

Everything in between just happens...

No being serious, the judge on the day will decide on the facts they are given, personally I think the argument that a) Ok, we may have misled the lender that he needed PPI to get the loan BUT he signed a statement saying it was optional and therefore no deceit or undisclosed facts exist and ergo this claim is Statute barred is weak. Fact is if you are told that an optional insurance is needed to get the loan you'll take the "optional loan" and by its very definition if fails to be "optional". Just my opinion tho.

As stated before costs are not normally a matter for small claims and caro has sought clarity on HSBC offers which you say have not been made, therefore no costs *should* be awarded. Just my opinions tho...

S.

the bit i am little confused on: (with respect to the limitations act) is it a mistake or misrepresentation or both?

the bit i am little confused on: (with respect to the limitations act) is it a mistake or misrepresentation or both?

If they knew its misrepresentation, if they didnt its a mistake

Thats how I would interpret it.

S.

If you were told that the loan was dependent on you having PPI, then in my opinion (for what it's worth) it's misrepresentation. However you signed it in the mistaken belief that this was acceptable. Somehow I doubt that you will have that in writing, so it's your word against theirs.

What you need to do is point out the faults in their case, such as the branch where this was meant to have been taken out, then hopefully it should make the judge doubt whether they're telling the truth about other things, such as whether they gave you an option on it, or explained your right to take out PPI elsewhere. At that time you had no reason to doubt what they said, but since the issue of PPI has been subject to widespread investigation and press attention, you now realise that they had no right to do that.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

one of the judges directions is "costs in the application"

what does this mean?

Can you post up all the directions please. Hard to tell out of context.

I believe its costs reserved in the case, i.e. they are to be decided on at the final hearing so costs are not decided on the actual application hearing but rather reserved to the end of the claim and then I presume a judge will decide on whether any party has acted unjustly or unreasonably and then on that basis punish them with costs.

but I'm going from memory here :(

S.

Can you post up all the directions please. Hard to tell out of context.

before deputy district judge xxxxx sitting at Preston County Court etc

upon hearing the claimant in person and counsel for the defendant

and upon reading the file of papers, the defendant having failed to comply with directions on 18th Jan and the skeleton argument was only received today.

it is ordered that

1. application adjourned to 11th July 2011

2. Unless the defendant shall by 4pm 27th June 2011 file and serve a witness statement exhibiting such documents as provided for in the order of 18th jan 2011, the defence shall be and is by this order stuck out.

3. costs in the application.

only hsbc are being unreasonable in their conduct for this case.

Just found this.

'Costs in the application' usually appears as a provision at the end of a set of directions made by the judge during the course of a case. Most cases don't go straight to a final hearing - there is at least one 'directions appointment' along the way.

'Costs in the application' means "At this stage I'm not ordering either party to pay the other's costs of today's directions appointment. If, at the end of the case, a costs order is made, then the costs of today are to be included in the cost...

Have you got a list of your own costs?

Had the hearing today at court. they turned up with a solicitor, counsel and witnesses. should have started at 10am but ended up 11.40 before we went in.

for 2 hours it was mainly the their argument for striking out due to limitations act, then it went on to my witness statement and them asking me questions and catching me out with diffeneces on what I said in POCs/ witness statement and the evidence. I had used certain items in my POCs which got kicked out staright away like FSA handbook and consumer credit act, so ended up just being a misrepresentaion case. I had relied on clauses from other POCs which I didn't really understand, and they blew them appart.

Then the judge called lunch for 1 hour. On return the judge said that she had been reading everything again, and ruled against me due to lack of evidence for a misrepresentation case. they tried to claim their costs by saying I had acted unreasonable by bringing the claim against them, but she ruled against that.

so that is than, lost, but no (further) costs.

I would advise anyone thinking of going the court route, to think carfully and be 100% sure that you have a good case. Mine in hindsight was weak. I kept going think (dut to others on here) thinking they they would settle before the hearing, and it would cost them too much to defend etc, but as is now been proved they have unlimited resources, and they are not bothered about what it costs them. They will fight you all they way. Maybe this is just hsbc, as MBNA paid me out before court.

Had the hearing today at court. they turned up with a solicitor, counsel and witnesses. should have started at 10am but ended up 11.40 before we went in.

for 2 hours it was mainly the their argument for striking out due to limitations act, then it went on to my witness statement and them asking me questions and catching me out with diffeneces on what I said in POCs/ witness statement and the evidence. I had used certain items in my POCs which got kicked out staright away like FSA handbook and consumer credit act, so ended up just being a misrepresentaion case. I had relied on clauses from other POCs which I didn't really understand, and they blew them appart.

Were there any differences on the POC/Witness statement ?

Then the judge called lunch for 1 hour. On return the judge said that she had been reading everything again, and ruled against me due to lack of evidence for a misrepresentation case. they tried to claim their costs by saying I had acted unreasonable by bringing the claim against them, but she ruled against that.

so that is than, lost, but no (further) costs. This is good news, obviously the Judge didnt believe you had acted unreasonably :)

I would advise anyone thinking of going the court route, to think carfully and be 100% sure that you have a good case. Mine in hindsight was weak. I kept going think (dut to others on here) thinking they they would settle before the hearing, and it would cost them too much to defend etc, but as is now been proved they have unlimited resources, and they are not bothered about what it costs them. They will fight you all they way. Maybe this is just hsbc, as MBNA paid me out before court

Were your reasons for claiming a refund the same for MBNA as you used in the HSBC claim ?

HSBC (as will a lot of the banks) fight any claim that looks weak.. they will want as many "wins" as they possibly can in order to frighten off others starting the process.

Without question, a claim shouldnt be started unless the claimant is absolutely sure of their ground work.

I am truly sorry to hear that you lost, the good news of course that you werent lumbered with their costs.

BCOBS

there were difference with mbna and hsbc , I think mbna were on dodgy ground from the outset due to the way it was laid out, and they paid out without much fight.

I'm just glad its finished now, as it was getting me down.

Sorry to hear this Moose

At the end of the day its down to each of us to make our own choices and paths, Caggers have the opportunity of drawing on other peoples experiences and cases but I dont think any of us would suggest someone uses a defence/claim when they didnt understand what they were claiming, its down to the claimant to prove the case, this has always been the norm and as such if your particulars of claim werent understood by yourself then there is no hope to standing up to cross examination :(

I think your advice about being 100% sure is spot on.

....But the upside is you werent seen to be unreasonable and therefore not hit with the costs of the opposing council + witnesses.

S.

Sorry to hear this moose. I think everything's been said, but well done for giving it a shot.

Do you know who the lawyers were and the witness?