HELP!! My Sons teacher is leaving and need present idea.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well as the title suggests l need a sensible present idea for my sons teacher who is leaving the school at easter.

The classes parents have said for me to get something from the donations which could be anything up to £50.

I am ok with a card one big enough for all the class to sign but a present is my sticking point.

Hes about 30-40 and has a wife and 2 children if that helps. Sensible suggestions please. I am willing to get one present or a few smaller presents.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely adored a receptionist at my sons junior school. My son was still pre school and daughter toddler and social services were involved. I wasnt leaving the house at all and wouldnt answer the door. This lovely woman came to my house introduced herself, the school was just on the next road and proceded to collect him every day, till I could start when okay cross the road.

Over the years she took an interest in both my kiddies and I just remember she would regualary be there when I might have fluffed something up or not filled in a form.

When ill organised the kiddies to get free places in associated kiddies club/nursery to let me sleep longer and she was just lovely.

Any how she retired a couple of years ago and we went up to the bear workshop and chose teddy and put outfit on it and the kiddies said thankyou to the little chip,you can squeeze to get teddy to talk.

She cried and said it was the best pressy ever, lovely woman

I think you can do one for about (35.00 then) and the outfits are so cute xx

Edited by loopinlouie

Dont think a bear would work for a male.

HF were would you go for Vouchers?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Dont think a bear would work for a male.

HF were would you go for Vouchers?

There I go again, just noticed as you typed, you never know though. Though not every man is into teddies.

Sorry. I get my new glasses in a week:-D

hmmm how many 30+ teacher now use breif cases?

yep i was thinking that when my OH suggested a breif case.

I am looking at argos online he is in the argos catalogue we have.

You could buy a garden bench £25 - £35 and have a little plaque made with a personal message from the class. That is if he does have a garden of course!

Erm maybe

Give him something that is potentially useful but will also remind him of the class.

Get a chess set and get the kids in the class to write their names one each in all the white squares (Maximum 32). If you have more than 32 pupils buy a white marker and start using the black squares.

He will keep it for the rest of his life, and might even play chess from time to time.

I think we will pass on a chess set as he did get 3 for christmas from individual students

Erm maybe

Benches are not just to remember people who have departed ;)

I got the idea from a retired headmisstress I know who was presented with a bench when she retired and she loves it.

another possibility if he's into gardening is a tree..........a reasonable sized Acer in a pot would be about that price, and it'd sit beautifully on his patio if he's only got a smallish garden.

Alternatively, ring his wife and ask her, or speak to the other teachers

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

How about a small but tasteful ormament. Maybe of a favorite animal (if you know it)...or a hobby, there are plenty of themed ornaments in gift type shops.

A bit naff I guess, but a thought!

Benches are not just to remember people who have departed ;)

I got the idea from a retired headmisstress I know who was presented with a bench when she retired and she loves it.

I was not being funny wino i am just unaware if the moveing of schools also requires a house move so a bench would be something he needs to pack.

I also dont know if he has a garden but l would image with kids he does have.

another possibility if he's into gardening is a tree..........a reasonable sized Acer in a pot would be about that price, and it'd sit beautifully on his patio if he's only got a smallish garden.

Alternatively, ring his wife and ask her, or speak to the other teachers

As l am not sure about the garden l will put this on the list but on the need to find out list. Good idea about speaking tothe teachers as they might be able to help. His wife will be more of a issue as the omly time l saw her was the last day of school and they dont just give out teachers phone numbers due to a little law called the DPA. Anyone heard of it? lol

How about a small but tasteful ormament. Maybe of a favorite animal (if you know it)...or a hobby, there are plenty of themed ornaments in gift type shops.

A bit naff I guess, but a thought!

Hmmm this is a good idea just need to find out the animal.

Nice one sod'em

Yeah i am seriously considering that one. Its more centimental as well.