Bank of Scotland statements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently wrote the first letter off to HBOS - they are now in charge of my account after they bought Bank of Scotland some time ago.

I requested statements back to January 2000, but they have only returned me statements to January 2004. I have not been charged the 5 pounds that some people have.

There's no explanation letter as to why they only go back to 2004, and my charges only total to GBP118. I think they would be double this if they gave me statements back to 2000.

I'm wondering if anyone can help. I think HBOS took over the bank about 2004, and I'm thinking this is why they haven't given me statements from further back.

Anyone?

Townie living in Kinghorn, Fife!

No, they just can't be asked doing their job properly.

Did you send the DPA request letter? If not, send it now. Send a £10 cheque with it, remind them that they have a fiduciary duty, and kick ass ;-)

• 2 months later...

Thanks Bookworm - I had sent the DPA letter off, and that was what I got back.

I phoned up though, and spoke to somebody quite useful - they said much the same as you, although paraphrased it!

Got the bank statements now, have been charged about £550. The only stickler is I've pleaded to get charges refunded before - as they happened - and have had about £300 of them refunded on the spot before. Should I claim for the £550 and hope somebody makes a mistake and offers me the full amount, or quit while I'm ahead and claim the £250?

Hi kiltedlad

I, personally, would only claim the 250 as you can bet your bum they know how much is out standing.:(

All the best.;)

Sent Data Protection Act to Halifax 13.6.06

Daughters Data Protection Act sent to NatWest 5.6.06

Natwest sent statements on 24.6.06 Daughter owed £204.00 Preliminary ready to go.

Halifax sent my statements today(26.6.06) Owe me £1702.00

Preliminary sent on 27. 6.06.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks