Urgent! Link/GE Money... problems....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today recd a letter back from Elizabeth Jones with a Notice of Discontinuance in relation to case raised within Northampton County court. They are agreeable to the monthly repayment of £75.78 in line with disposable income letter sent by CAB. they will monitor the account for these payments and confirm that if default should occur they reserve the right to instruct their Scottish Solicitors to raise proceedings against me for the outstanding amount.

No mandate received and no comment on the interest to be charged. Also as yet no copy of CCA has been recd as neither me nor OH have a copy of it, we just have the application of agreement.

OH has a letter asking him to sign a Tomlin order and requesting £200 a month. He feels he wants to sign the order but on his terms ie his disposable income. he has been offered 112 payments to clear debt. I am wondering if interest is still being charged and at what rate. As we have not had our day in court they could still charge the full 17.3% interest and we will never get this debt paid.

Does anyone know what can be done to get the interest reduced while we make payments in line with our disposable income. Will we need to let them take us to court and ask for interest to be waived/reduced until we can obtain sufficient monies from family or friends to get this debt written off for 40-50% of outstanding debt..

Hettie.xx

Have just sent off the cheque for this months payment asking for a mandate again. Have asked for a copy of CCA again as per my letter 8th March and dispute letter of 27th March. Also as they have gone to court in England have asked for the fees to be refunded as the Northampton court have no jurisdiction over a resident in Scotland as advised by IDA. Have once again asked for interest to be frozen so i can continue to make payments to them.

Still unsure if OH has signed the tomlin order as feel we need time to get CCA and other docs that link were trying to use in court.

Is it worth doing a request for deed of assignment etc yet or would you leave it until Link take me to court up here. OH has not done this yet and feel this may be duplication if I do this and he has already done it for his defences in the future....

sorry i am confused

you say this agreement was with your ex who lives down south?

then you say your OH has signed a tomlin order, is this your ex or your current partner?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

The agreement is with My EX and he lives in oxford. Have just spoken to him and he has not signed the tomlin order as he has under £60 in disposable income for in all 5 creditors. He asked link to accept his disposable income for the tomlin order but they have refused. He has now been told they are going to take him to court in oxford for the full amount as he is equally and severally liable.

My cheque sent 23.4.10 has not been cashed. NO SURPRISE there.

Still unsure if I should apply for all docs as per cpr 31:14 stencil letter.

• 1 month later...

seems they have gone quiet for now. They have now given ex a TOMLIN Order for payments to be made over 424 months for the full amount. They have frozen interest and asked him to pay 52.16 and me 75.78 for the forseable future. this does not add up to the same timescale of 424 months but is a result. He signed papers for the Tomlin Order and lets hope they do not chase again for this.

Thanks for the help with this.

• 2 years later...

this has now been 3 years on. payments have been made and no approach from link. My debit card has expired twice and after 5 months it has been me who has contacted them to up date records. seems they are fast at getting court orders but not to chase regular payments.

Hiya, welcome back :)

Can you not access your original account? As we can sort that for you.

Are they keeping you update with the balance and did they stop interest?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

They have frozen all the interest and they do not send me statements but they do send them to my ex partner. I could not remember my original sign on. could this be re-set. and once again thanks for your help. More people should do what you do. It gives you confidence to challange and get everything sorted.

Still have a long way to go. All bills upto date but still 2 debts left to be paid under debt management.

• 4 months later...
They have frozen all the interest and they do not send me statements but they do send them to my ex partner. I could not remember my original sign on. could this be re-set. and once again thanks for your help. More people should do what you do. It gives you confidence to challange and get everything sorted.

Still have a long way to go. All bills upto date but still 2 debts left to be paid under debt management.

this is still ongoing but they never chase me when my debit card goes out of date. it takes my e to call me and tell me i have missed the payments. he has atomlin order and will never pay it off as he will be 85 by then. seems they chase and chase and go to the courts then leave you alone. so much chasing etc.