Ryanair: compensation for delay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I booked a Ryanair flight in Dec 2009 to travel from Stansted to Palermo, however the flight was delayed for 6 hours and we waited in the airport with no assistance at all....

After a letter sent by post, a few emails and 1 fax, I finally get a respond, saying that I wont receive any compensation because the weather is not controlled by them....and I can only follow up by fax, not email.

OK, that was a snowy day but most ryanair flight departed on time on that day but ours, so I really doubt if that was a uncontrollable circumstances.

Can any one give me an advice? Should I keep spending money on fax or should I give up as there is probably not much chance?

Thanks...

Hi ctb. I think most Ryanair customers have very low expectations of them. It's worth checking what their responsibilities to you are under the existing conventions, I think it is.

In my experience, they refer you to your travel insurance, although I can't remember what length of delay they will pay for, could be 12 hours.

Sadly, Mr O'Leary seems to be a maverick who thinks any publicity is good publicity and has contempt for the OFT and Advertising Standards.

Maybe someone who has been more successful in reclaiming some kind of redress will come along and comment. In the meantime, you could try a google search.

In a mild defence of the airlines, I understand that the lateness of a flight can depend on where the incoming aircraft was before it came to take you to Palermo, as it wasn't necessarily starting its day in Stansted. No consolation, I know.

Edited by honeybee13
grammar

Illegitimi non carborundum