Too Late to Argue?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suspect I'm too late but I received a ticket on Aug 31st last year (bank holiday) for parking on a single yellow line. I argued with the parking attendant that a) it was Bank Ho9liday = Sunday therefore there was no restriction but he ignored me. I took photos of the nearby road signs which backed up my case (no special restrictions) and then forgot about it.

Now I've received a Notice of Execution from Bailiffs for £168.16 - can I still appeal this or am I too late - I* know that trying to talk to the bailiffs is pointless...

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

There is a formal process you could follow to try and get back into the appeals system. However you need to have grounds. Simply ignoring the matter will not provide grounds.

The question is - did you ever appeal in writing? If so, what happened?

Did you receive a Notice to Owner?

Did you receive an Order for Recovery?

31st August last year was Bank Holiday Monday, which is not the same as a Sunday, if the parking restrictions were 'Monday to Friday' or 'Monday to Saturday' with no mention of Bank Holidays they are valid, although Pay & Display bays and Car Parks are often free on Bank Holidays and will say so on the signs.

You maybe able to appeal, but not on the grounds that restrictions on a Bank Holiday Monday are the same as on a Sunday.

No, I didn't appeal or write.. stupid, I know but I was fairly sure that Bank Holidays were exempt... Are you sure they're not? I've never seen a Bank Holidays specifically included or excluded and I've used bus lanes with impunity on a bank holiday

If the sign does not show that the restriction does not apply on Bank Holidays, then it does. If they are just 'Mon - Fri' or 'Mon - Sat' etc. the restriction applies on those days even if it is a Bank Holiday.

You only normally see Bank Holidays mentioned on signs for some on-street parking bays and car parks where it is free on a Sunday, it is usually free on a Bank Holiday as well.

More importantly, did you receive and ignore any correspondence from the council?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.