Ticket issued - not displayed curbside?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Seems a bit petty - but then, no more than having it on the RIGHT side, but upside down. Seems worthy of a Representation letter at least. Maybe a boss will agree the PA was being a PITA :)

Got a ticket from local council for not displaying my valid ticket on curbside of dash. Never heard of this before, anything I can do?

What is the contravention code and exact wording on the PCN, since AFAIK there is no specific contravention for this.

Post up a scan of the PCN (back and front) minus personal details

Were there any instructions to this effect given on the ticket or the machine?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Certainly is no evidence to show that it is not visible or readable.

Contravention would be morelikely to be a failure to display as directed. The question is whether there are any such lawful directions and were they not complied with?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I have heard of this with permits, whereby it is specified they are displayed kerb-side or on the dash. Not heard of it with p&d, although it's possible.

Check the terms of the ticket, which are presumably printed on the back.

If you have contravened, I would say it's ridiculously petty to issue a PCN. I am assuming of course that the ticket could be read - eg you didn't stick it to a window which was up against a wall for example?

I believe there is no PCN code/description for this. we need to see the ticket. even if the signs say you must do it it also has to be in the Traffic Order or its not a contravention.

Two threads merged.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks for your responses, will check another paper ticket, my friend who stayed took it with him to query it but will get hime to send me a copy. The ticket was issued by wandsworth borough council. It says on the original paper ticket display on curbside of car.

Edited by sam joyce