Help Needed Defence against Natwest who've issued a claim

babble
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, give them the 7 days +postage & then check with the court to make sure they have not filed an amended POC. Provided they have not replied to your CPR18 in accordance with the time you gave them, go IMMEDIATELY for a strike out application.

Post back here at the weekend if you want help with the application.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there,

Have submitted an embarrased defence today. CPR 18 has also gone out.

Will just have to wait and see what happens.

In reply to one of the posters - yes, all these financial companies seem to want (and be able to in some cases) to abuse the process as and when they feel like. Making a claim twice is effectively doubling the alleged debt....how can this be possible....especially when a judgment has been given in relation to one of the accounts already!!!

It really beggars belief; especially when all these politcians claim that they are making the law easier to access and understand for the 'man in the street', that this sort of thing can go on.

Heyho, will look forward to seeing what Incasso do now.

DId you also send this to the solicitors ?

At the same time send a copy to Incasso & the following:

'Herewith copy defence by way of service, the same having been filed with the court.

Please serve amended particulars of claim and plead yor clients case in an appropriate manner within 7 days, so that I am aware of the case I will have to meet at trial. I request that you attach to the particulars a copy of any agreement & terms & conditions on which the claimant relies. The matter will be transferred to my home court and the claimant will have to produce the documents, in any event. In those circumstances you should plead in accordance with the CPR rather than the Northampton county courtlink3.giflink3.gif regime.

Failure to provide that requested in the time period provided for will result in an application to the court. I confirm a copy of this letter will be produced to the court when the question of costs falls to be decided.'

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have just sent a formal email (CPR 18) to the person who was dealing with it at Incasso and up to now they have responded the same or next day so hopefully I will get a reply quite quickly. I have kept a copy of the email. I have given them until 30th March, I think 14 days is well enough time to respond.

I will check with the court in 10 days time (or 7 if they respond to my email today) and see if they've submitted a new PoC. That leaves a couple of days for them to respond to my CPR 18, if they haven't I think I will make a strike out application.

thanks for your help :)

Hi Babble,

Just subbing and lending my support. I've been in a 'battle' with Incasso, now Cobbetts, since Nov/Dec 2009. Still not received any legible information from them. I first requested it 30th Nov!

Had an application hearing nearly two weeks ago for SJ/SO. The Judges order expires on 18th March. Still no sign of any legible documents:)!

If you read my thread it will give you an insight into how Incasso work:eek:.

Costa

Thanks costa

I've read a lot about the Acts etc in question but very little about the court end of matters. I don't think I've handled my cabot case as good as I could have if I'd read more first but I think it will be OK because they don't have a properly executed agreement for either of the accounts.

This natwest one will hopefully be much better!

Thanks again

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

Just got an allocation questionnaire from the court. I think it might be time to submit a strike out application as they haven't responded to my CPR request and I've not been told of any change to the original PoC.

Foolishgirl could you help please :)

Hi babble,

You'll still need to complete the AQ, regardless of making an Application.

You need to use a Form N244 (Application Notice) to make your Application. You can download the N244 from the MoJ website.

On the final page of the N244 you will find instructions on how to complete the form, however if you need asisstance just give me a shout.

The fee is £75, which you have to pay to start with.

The N244 needs to be in as quick as possible. Also when does the AQ have to be filed with Court and Incasso?

Costa

Costa's correct - you must send your AQ in on time.

You have a choice:

(a) you can submit directions with your AQ requesting your strike out as part of the directions. If you don't get any directions issued, or the Claimant doesn't comply, you may then wish to make a formal application.

(b) you can make formal application for a strike out now but it will cost you £75.00. If you get the SO, you can reclaim the cost from the Claimant but if you don't get it, you may have to stand that cost yourself. Be aware also that the SO may be opposed by the Claimant & you may have to attend a hearing to explain why you think it should be granted. Whilst the CPR (& common sense) would suggest that Claimants should not make such vague claims without being prepared to substantiate them, the courts do not always take such a view. :(

Decide which route you want to take ....

Agree totally with foolishgirl.

The SO application can be a little more involved than first appears.

Cobbetts, who took over from Incasso (because they are the same LLP), challenged my Application and I had to attend a Hearing. So you must be prepared to attend if it happens.

The Hearing will be in front of a Judge, with only you and their representative present.

'Whilst the CPR (& common sense) would suggest that Claimants should not make such vague claims without being prepared to substantiate them, the courts do not always take such a view. :Cry:'

As foolishgirl says above, the CPR and common sense in Court does not always prevail and there is a distinct possibility they will get another 'bite of the cherry'. That's why I've got another Aplication Hearing in May because the Judge has restored my original Application because Cobbetts did not comply with his original order. Long story;)!

Again if it does come to that you will get plenty of help and support from CAG.

Hi Costa / Foolishgirl

I thought that with the AQ, the date is the 19th April. I will look at it later today and try to complete it. I may put it in quickly to get it out of the way.

As for the n244, I will get a copy of it and have a look but I don't have £7.50 right now let alone £75, lol. I might have a look to see if there is any help for people on Employment Support Allowance.

I tried to follow your thread Costa (as well as a few others).....I've noticed how 'they' always seem to be able to get a lot of leeway when they don't comply and just do what they like......second, third, fourth bites of the cherry.......so much for the justice system complaining about cases taking too long to get to trial and taking too long when they get there.....if they we're as strict with companies and their representatives as they seem to be with individuals they'd have no reason to complain!

As for common sense, you don't need to look to far to see many examples of lack of common sense within the 'justice system' so I'm not going to take anything for granted until it finally finishes.....

Just have to look at the bank charges thing....they were told they had no right of appeal but still somehow they did and then after losing so many times and in the face of common sense and fairness, they win and the OFT give up.....something seriously wrong there!

Anyway, thanks for all your help it is appreciated :)

Hi babble,

Follow the link I have posted and see if you are entitled to a remission.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex160a_web_0709.pdf

If you are on employment support I would imagine you will be entitled to a remission.

As you said 'they' do get a lot of leeway. However, it does depend on the Judge. I was fortunate in that the resident DJ in my local CC would not be swayed by their tactics and he ordered after the first Hearing that if they did not submit 'legible' documents he would restore my Application to SO/SJ. Hence I have another Hearing in May :D!

It can be a Judge lottery at times.

Edited by costa12
Typo

Babble, if you qualify for fee exemption I would seriously consider the formal application route. You would need to enter a N244 & a Form EX160 at the same time. Links to both forms are here:

Her Majesty's Courts Service -Forms and Guidance

You should make your SO applic. before you enter your AQ so don't submit it before 19th. ;)