Help calculating running costs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need to know if I can work out how much per day a piece of equipment will cost to run if the only information I have is this.

Supplied Voltage 24VAC(24~28V)/12VDC(11~15V) Dual Voltage

Power Consumption Max 1.4A/17W (Max) at 12V DC

The equipment will be wired to the mains, so AC and will be powered on 24-hrs a day.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

If it is 17 watts, you would use 408 watts per day. 1 unit of electricity is 1000 watts. So if for example your electricity tariff is set at 15p per unit, you would be using roughlt 0.4 of a unit per day, about 6p.

Hope that helps

• Haha 1

Hello Alphageek!

This is a little off-topic, but I'm good at going off-topic!

We now read our own Meter every week at the same time. Then we put that in a Spreadsheet, that shows both Low and Normal usage (ours has two readings).

I also enter the unit charge, so we can see what we are using week by week.

We have to pay weekly now because of the way the banks have taken my family and I to the brink of financial extinction, so we now keep a firm handle on how much we are using, and how much we are paying. I know the balance we owe is going down, and will know when we have paid them off the arrears and can then reduce the weekly payments.

Plus, I can spot if something has changed...in our case, there are bits of kit we can't see or check easily just by looking at them, and if one is playing up or failing, such as a Water Pump, then it's reflected in the usage and I can investigate, fix the issue, and watch the consumption revert to normal levels.

It only takes a couple of minutes each week, and if you miss a week, just halve the next weeks readings and go on an average for the last two.

This also has other uses, such as demonstrating to a Court what impact the financial damage has caused. Say, having to use an Immersion Heater when Heating Oil has run out because there was no money for Oil. That in turn can be linked to your Heating Oil spending, to show how things have been affected.

If you normally bought, say, 2,500 litres of Oil per annum, but now it's down to under 1,000 litres, whereas your units of Electricity have shot up, and with them the cost, because it's more expensive than using Oil for Hot Water and/or Heating, then you can show via the numbers the quantified effect that Financial Damage has caused.

You had no choice but to use more Electricity at greater overall cost, because there was no lump sums of Cash to buy an Oil delivery. If you have a Claim against a bank, then those numbers go in to your Claim, and are 100% verifiable and the bank cannot say you have plucked them from thin air!

If you see what I am getting at?

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Clarity