Abbey charges? We can help you get them back

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Doesn't anyone have charges from Abbey?

Have you got a stayed claim? Let us know. Abbey are in an especially weak position to resist charges claims.

Hi BF...........whilst I may know already following our chat.....the others may not. Any elaboration? :D

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

No. Not at the moment - although people can read my piece on the front page about misrepresentation of charges

Is this only for stayed claims or are newcomers welcome? After 4 yrs of going on at them, my brother and sis-in-law have finally decided enough is enough and I'll be dealing with their claim for them.

This is for any claims.

Please start a thread and then link me to it.

Email me

Hi, I currently have a claim ongoing with Abbey for bank charges although haven't started a thread as yet. Am at the stage that my claim was on hold with the banks and have received their standard letter claiming that due to the result of the test case, they will not be refunding my charges. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated. Have been considering sending the Govan Law Centre letter?

have now started a thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/250798-reclaiming-abbey-charges-where.html#post2814156

Edited by dfitz24
Adding Link

Abbey have just zapped £50 out my account in charges. I was wondering what course of action to take in the current circumstances. If you have any suggestions BankFodder, they would be most welcome.

I have an old claim that was stayed for over 2 years.

Abbey applied to have it struck out and got a court letter today saying it has been. I have limited time to appeal or something.

Is there anything left I can do?

Any help much appreciated.

Here's my case thread... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/58234-airbag-abbey.html

I also have an old case that was stayed as soon as the test case began. The account is now closed with an unpaid overdraft which the reclaimed charges would more than cover. I haven't heard from them yet about striking. Not sure how to link back but will try here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/86191-elliejay39-abbey-guru-needed.html

will now go and read the front page piece on misrepresentation....

Please will you update your thread with the text of the order

Yes, of course. How can anyone help if you don't tell us what is being said?

put it in your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BF, I have an account which Abbey have defaulted..

I may not be able to get the default removed but maybe I can get the charges refunded? I suspect in the region of £1000.00 !!

I haven't yet made any claim, is it too late?

D

Hi Bankfodder,

I am sorry to bother you, I have a thread and was wondering if you could take a quick look.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/121833-my-situation-abbey-4.html

The letter send to me has a due date soon to run out, and was hoping maybe you could help point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

B

Hi this is in the Abbeys defence. The claimant`s contention that the said fees are unenforceable and/or are "penalty charges" is denied. The fees reflect and are proportionate to the defendants administrative exspenses incurred due to the claimant`s breach of contract and are a genuine pre-estimate of damages suffered by the defendant. Dated 24/04/07. Have i got them and should i amend my claim. HELP PLEASE

• 4 weeks later...

Bankfodder

I've got some Abbey charges from 1993 and 2005, I've got the statements, basically they built up over a few months. So in the end they just went into my savings account and took the money. I'm compiling the data now.

Hi BF

I have an outstanding charges claim. I didnt issue and shabbey said they would await the OFT decision.

Shortly after the OFT decision I received a letter from them demanding £1000 being my ovderdraft facility they removed as I was no longer paying in £1000 per month, followed by a default notice. That was about a month ago and now gone quiet.

Not sure what to do now, but if they issue proceedings, maybe counterclaim my charges?

All coments gratfeully received!

Many thanks

Blue