Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Don't worry, this is a scam site and has been exposed as such on national television.  We're here to help you fight this. Please come back on the forum when your defence is due and we can assess what to do depending on whether MET reply to the CPR request or not.
    • Thank you Honeybee13, I will open my own thread. It had been nearly a few weeks and wondered what TravellingTechy had heard. It seems he is the first one to receive the court claim form.  
    • Just battling through this War & Peace of bilge now.
    • Hi.  I am trying to initiate the HCEO.  Can anyone help with the form please    I am stuck on the N293a form.  In the right sided box in section 1-  I have no separate ref numbers for claimant or defendant - leave blank or N/A or re enter claim number?  part 1: there’s a box on the far right below the claim number section. Do I enter anything into the ‘ I intend  to enforce the judgement or order by execution …. … In the High Court and require this certificate for this purpose’.  What purpose? Settlement of order ok?  section 3 - is that for me to complete?  County Court Claim Number - is that ‘The Claim’  number.   I do not have a high court enforcement number? Does that follow? Do I leave it blank ?  top right hand corner, 2nd line:  To “?????’ Or ‘??????’   against ??? The breeder?  section A - does bailiff add costs there or my costs ( Iv paid £75 for the HCEO - Just enter that?).  section B - I’d that the interest only amount awarded by the court?  Section C - Possession of …. What- the total amount entered there? Plus my £75? Now, section C address for service - is that the breeders address or the address I gave for service which is their argument for invalid initial service or the ‘correct address’ she claims it should have gone to.  it’s always the forms that get me.  
    • OK, understood. dx explained get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform. CPR is a simple template letter asking for the evidence they are relying on in the court case.  It's designed to get things like the Letter of Claim which you may have thrown away and also to embarrass them when they fail to provide legal permissions like Planning Permission that they've failed to obtain.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
    • Post in Some advice on buying a used car
    • People are still buying used cars unseen, paying by cash or by bank transfer, relying on brand-new MOT's by the dealer's favourite MOT station….
      It always leads to tears!
      used car.mp4


    • Pizza delivery insurance.mp4




      Parcel delivery insurance 1.mp4
        • Haha
      • 2 replies
  • Recommended Topics

University Student Paid 000s in charges and i am also poor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I am currently a student who opened two bank accounts for an overdraft, One is lloyds tsb and the other is bank of scotland.


I have paid £900 in bank charges to lloyds tsb and £800 to bank of scotland.


The bank of scotland have sent it to a debt company and I have no money to pay them back at the moment, I took an overdraft thinking i never had to pay it back until i finished university. I really hate banks.


I been stress alot because of theses debts. I took Lloyds Tsb to the financial ombudsman and i recieved there final decision and they said since Lloyds Tsb gave me an option to pay £10 a month to reduce the overdraft I am not getting a refund. Now, I've hit a brick wall. What should I do?


I am very poor student who earns under £6000 a year and they expected me to pay £10 a month, when they charged me over £190 a time because i went overdrawn by £100, and the bank of scotland have sent the debt to a company and they are chasing the debt, now. I am going to be a chartered accountant and I can't afford to get a CCJ against me.


Please help I really need some good luck in my life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006





We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation


All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.


However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...