style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone point me in the right direction plse. My wife has been issued with a parking ticket this afternoon, for parking in a cycle lane. No yellow lines or signs saying you cannot park. I just require someone to tell me where on the net I would check the order. This is for Shaw Street, Liverpool. Many thanks -

Scousegeezer.:confused:

Were the cycle lane lines solid or dashed?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Hi

Ive just taken a look on Google Street view and cannot see any parking restrictions. The cycle lane does not appear to be marked as being 'restricted' (i.e. marked in green ect) so unless this road is a clear way then I cannot see how the ticketr is enforceable. Can you post the PCN after deleting any personal details?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

Thanks for the replies.

TDD,

The code on the PCN is not very clear- The writing is awful - it is something 01 - the first number is either 7,2 or 1. ITS that bad.

Sailor Sam,

I will try to upload it - never done it before , but will give it a shot.

Cheers - Scousegeezer.

So far as I am aware it is only a contravention or offence to park in a cycle lane where the white line is solid. Where the white line is dashed it may be against the highway code but is not against the law in the absence of other restrictions.

Personally I think the PC or PCSO who issued the FPN didn't understand this and it is worth fighting. Had it been for an "unnecessary obstruction" it may be a different matter.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

OK Peeps,

As requested here is a photo, showing the dashed line and yellow lines further up the road. There are no signs saying parking restricted. Morally wrong - yes . Unlawful ??? Lets just say the better half wont do it again.

Cheers - Scousegeezer

DSCI0517.jpg