blemain finance letter charges

mark1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there everyone.

i have an issue with the above company that we have been making payments to over the past 6 years.

we have a secured loan with the company over a period of 7 years.this is due to end next february 2011.

unfortunately, after taking the loan out in 2004 , i was made redundant and was out of work for 4 weeks.this caused us to be 1 month behind in our payments.once i had secured a new job i started repaying the loan but as my pay schedule was different i asked them to accept payments at a later day in the month (approx 2 weeks) .initially this was ok but every month now since then i have received letters for me and the wife saying default payment and a charge of £35 pounds from blemain.after a week we get a letter from monarch recoveries (same company) chasing the arrears!!! despite numerous letters they seem to keep ignoring this matter.i asked for a statement of charges to the account but they wanted £35 before releasing them!! in January this year we received a statement of account which showed our outstanding balance owed to date.despite us still paying regularly the balance outstanding only showed a nominal payment on the money loaned. i can accept that there is interest involved but it would appear that thesde £35 charges have been stacking up!!

i wrote to them again and then to the FOS.Blemain have come back to me today stating that they regard their charges to be correct and that i must arrange a formal arrangement with them to clear the arrears!!! i have not had any response from the ombudsman yet.what should i do next? they state i have until the 19th of this month to repsond or they will consider this matter closed.:?

send them a sar and get all statements and agreements from them, then add up all the charges applied and recalim them back, they are obviously taking the proverbial, also did you habe ppi if yes then claim that back too, they want to play silly buggers well play the game and be a silly bugger back

thanks for that.i did do this last year.they wanted an extortionate fee for it and sent my £1 back.!! that's why i went to the FOS and how we have now arrived where we are.what's my next step please?

An SAR costs £10, and for this they have to provide you with all data they hold on yourself, including all statements. I would suggest doing an SAR again and sending a postal order for the £10 recorded/registered delivery. :)

Hi

Make sure that in your sar you state that you also want a breakdown of the charges added to the account. They also charge contractual interest on the charges from the 28th day after they were applied that is why the amount is so large.

They will keep fobbing you off so you have to be prepared to stick at it. If they fail to comply with the sar report them to the ICO.

• 1 month later...

i borrowed 10000 off them paid back 6000 and now owe them 16000 because of missed payments i am self employed but they dont care and refuse to help just charge me and knowingly try to destroy my life with the fees

:mad: