Simplybe/reliable collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.. im just looking for some advice .. my story starts with i was stupid enough to get a catalogue with the above people , Last august i hit a rough patch and was unable to pay.. I just ignored the fact that i was in debt, stupid i know. Now my balance on the account as more than doubled with the charges and fees they keep putting on.. Im getting phones calls from simplybe and from reliable collections.. maybe 2 or 3 from each throughout the day, i also get letters from both once a week .. im not disputing that i owe them money cos i did order stuff from the catalogue which i havent paid for.. i dont agree with all the charges put on, do i have to pay these ? and who am i suppose to pay ? simpybe or reliable collections ?

The last call i had was from reliable collections on saturday saying they were phoning back this morning to set up a direct debit for 10 pounds a month, should i allow this? ( had 5 calls from simplybe in the meantime )

I just would like to know where to start and what to do

Hi and welcome, you may owe the money but you dnot deserve the hassle

when they ring back do not set up any direct debit

if you wish to make a payment then setup a standing order for what you feel you can manage not what they say.

also tell them that in future all correspondence will be in writing and that any future phone calls will be treated as harrasment and reported as such

simply be and unreliable collections are one and the same people...it is simply there heavy mob..however they are tenacious and will continue to ring even if you threaten them with the hand of god..i found the best way of dealing with them is to send for your agreement...they wont have it but will send you a load of other rubbish..when you get this put account into default....nothing will happen..they will not take you to court...keep telling them account in dispute...they will continously add charges to account..again if they dont have a legally binding agreement then they are wasting there time...start with sending for agreement and take it from there

thanks , is there a standard letter i can copy from to ask for my agreement ?

this site is very useful but i find it very confusing in finding the right place to get things from :) sorry for been a idiot :D

HI,

Here is a link to take you to the template letters page.

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Go to letter 8

Bookmark the link I gave you as you will need other letters in due course.

Rules of CAG

Send everything Recorded Delivery

Do not sign letters, just print your name

Postal Orders not cheques when requesting your agreement

Stay off the phone

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE