• Tweets

• well get something sorted so the CCJ doesn't happen  then go after vanquis under IRL, might get all or most of the balance wiped......just musing..
    • probably one of the freeman of the land 3 letter syndrome twaddle companies that have been popping up on facebook of recent.   there was a rather large d-live conversation resulting from one of them if you followed the rabbit hole links on facebbok whereby the two main protagonists behind most of the adverts in various fake company names  claimed they had got the rankines case over thrown and you could now win by following the old twaddle. it got removed over xmas.   as for dealing with the defaults...1st i hope you've not settled these to DCA's have you?   if the defaults were a true reflection of the way you operated the accounts (bar the one you claim in not yours...more later) there is little you can do sadly, though appealing to the better nature of the original companies whom registered the default sometimes works esp if you settled the debt with them not a DCA.but why would they have sold it if you'd settled the debt. sadly i think you've been had blind if you've paid any DCA anything .   as for defaults preventing a mortgage got to a proper broker that knows his onions,  2 are settled so shouldn't be of an issues 1 you say isnt your ...tell us about  one is with lowells now and unpaid...whats was the debt and with whom.   we have known people to get a mortgage with 5 defaults here all from 2018/9 period without having to get done over by a high rate of interest. in this current climate it should be easy now to get a mortgage...
    • Have you tired just saynoto0870 for alternative numbers, url below takes you to 0870   https://tinyurl.com/srzwr9bk
    • Thanks for your feedback.   Is there a recognised process that you’re aware of to challenge these Defaults?  Thanks for your feedback.   Is there a recognised process that you’re aware of to challenge these Defaults? 
    • Consumers repaid £2.4bn of credit in January, which is the largest net repayment since May 2020, according to Bank of England data View the full article
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4018 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello All, quick question - Can a bailiff tow away a car that isn't yours?

To elaborate, bailiff "levied" the vehicle before, but OOT Stat Dec was filed, and was instructed by Local Authority to hold off action. In the meantime, vehicle was sold, but left at same address. Stat Dec was refused and LA instructed bailiff to commence action.

Bailiff maintained vehicle will be towed away even though he was shown new V5 document with reg keeper details, and DVLA letter stating previous reg keeper has been transferred.

Bailiff claims that as vehicle had been "levied" before sale, they are the legal owner, and therefore have a right to take it.

Hi,

Think you'll get help in the Bailiff Forum, I'll shift this thread there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Jamberson you are, unsurprisingly, correct. That was why I asked for a timescale. And if the levy was challenged. I am curious about the out of time stat dec.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
tie poo
Hello All, quick question - Can a bailiff tow away a car that isn't yours?

To elaborate, bailiff "levied" the vehicle before, but OOT Stat Dec was filed, and was instructed by Local Authority to hold off action. In the meantime, vehicle was sold, but left at same address. Stat Dec was refused and LA instructed bailiff to commence action.

Bailiff maintained vehicle will be towed away even though he was shown new V5 document with reg keeper details, and DVLA letter stating previous reg keeper has been transferred.

Bailiff claims that as vehicle had been "levied" before sale, they are the legal owner, and therefore have a right to take it.

If the bailiff had levied upon the car BEFORE filing an OOT then in the eyes of the law, the bailiff has seized the car and to transfer it or worse still to sell it is illegal.

Most importantly, WHY have you not appealed the refusal of you stat dec?

If it simply stunning the amount of people who are accepting that their OTT has been rejected and they do NOTHING further.

It is becoming very clear that many bailiff companies are being allowed to deal with OTT on behalf of the relevant local authority and naturally....they wil REJECT the application. What is most serious is that if a "local authority" reject an OTT, then TEC Court Officer.......does the same and would appear to merely rubber stamp rejections.

For this reason, it is important that you pay a fee of £75 to appeal....in particular if all statutory documents had been sent to a previous address.

On what grounds did you file an OOT?

hi kbdavies, I understand TT is having a bit of difficulty with PMs at present. Unfortunately, however, I don't have alternative means to contact her.

I understand if there are details you feel too personal to discuss in open forum, however, please consider that there may be others in a similar situation to you and wanting to learn also. That said, of course, you shouldn't post anything that will identify you. Your new friends read this forum too!

If you still feel you can't post then my only suggestion would be for you to click on the red triangle [bottom left of any post here] and send a message to the Site Team to see if they can forward a message for you.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
type o
hi kbdavies, I understand TT is having a bit of difficulty with PMs at present. Unfortunately, however, I don't have alternative means to contact her.

I understand if there are details you feel too personal to discuss in open forum, however, please consider that there may be others in a similar situation to you and wanting to learn also. That said, of course, you shouldn't post anything that will identify you. Your new friends read this forum too!

If you still feel you can't post then my only suggestion would be for you to click on the red triangle [bottom left of any post here] and send a message to the Site Team to see if they can forward a message for you.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Thank you Rae.

No I do not have a PM facility.

I am trying to ascertain the grounds for filing an N244.

Hello TT, it all a bit complicated to explain in writing. It may be a bit long winded. Is there any other way to reach you? Do you offer a proffesional service? Plaese let me know asap.

Hello TT, it all a bit complicated to explain in writing. It may be a bit long winded. Is there any other way to reach you? Do you offer a proffesional service? Plaese let me know asap.

We have a company advising the public with bailiff advice. We are not allowed to advertise details on CAG.